100% Al Ahly Fan

Introduction

184 posts in this topic

I am Rami, Palestine and married to Rebecca “Becky”, TX. I have been here in VJ for a short time, but it help me a lot. I hadn’t a chance to introduce us, so it is a great thread. I was a teacher and now unemployed. My wife also an English teacher. I want to share with you how I met my beloved. It was summer 2007, and I was sitting in a cafe with friends when I got a call from the director assistant of the English language Center in the Arab American University. As I was working and volunteering as a guide and interpreter/translator in my area Jenin, she asked me to come to the university and help a new teacher to go and do some shopping. The university is little bit far from the city in the countryside, and the university was off, The new teacher just arrived the night before, and there was nobody help her. I asked her name and how old she is. The director assistant told me that she is in her 50s. I told her that you always bring old teachers, and said what about young teachers? She laughed. Anyway, The next day I called a taxi and went to pick the new teacher up. I still remember that day. It was nice and sunny. It was the most precious day in my life. When the taxi entered the campus, there was a beautiful young girl standing in front of the ELC. The ELC located on a hill inside the university where the young girl was standing like sun with her blond shinny hair. Her shadow was stretching down while we were driving up hill. The driver asked me if she was the new teacher, and I said no. There was nobody there except her. I just passed by her and went inside the building. There was nobody in there. Then I decided to ask the only girl there, but the director assistant told me she is in her 50s, and the young girl looked in her 20s. there was a big difference between the two ages, so I got little bit hesitated. I just went toward her and could not speak. Then she asked my name, and then without thinking I told her “you supposed be in you 50s” and then said “nothing do not worry”. The director assistant was joking with me. Usually I talk a lot when I met some one for the first time “ bad habit” , but with her I could not. I felt from the beginning there was something. Instead of one hour shopping, we spent the entire day together shopping, roaming around, and I introduced her to my family, and they likes her a lot. Here the other fanny thing. When my mother saw her and sat together for almost one hour, she took me aside and told me this “ Listen, go a propose for her now” Then I laughed a lot and told my mother there is nothing, and we just met, and I am working. It was funny. The we went to a café chat little bit for almost 2 hours. It was the most beautiful day ever. After that we started meeting each other now and then, do some trips with other people, and after a month, I told her about my feeling. After 4 moths we get engaged, after six months we got married and had our wedding party here in Palestine. Some of her family attended the wedding. It was quick marriage according to many people, but we were sure about each other, and we did not wan to play around. Now we have been married for almost two years. We lived together most of the time, but the administrative processing separates us for almost 3 months. We love each other so much even sometime we think it is not just love, but something behind love. We went through difficult situations, but our love stand. I love her, and I want to be with her for entire my life. She is not just my dreams, but my reality. I hope this immigration process will not affects our relationship. I hope all the same.

Very sweet story Rami. I pray AP is over quickly and you two are reunited very soon...inshallah.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Loves all the responses to this thread! Thanks everyone, but let's keep 'em coming.

I see lots of new face and looks like people who've been part of the VJ family are coming back.......welcome and welcome back!

Please introduce yourself.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone! I don't know if people here know me much or not. I tend to hang out on VJ for hours on end, and then don't even log on for a while... depends on what's going on in my life.

I met my sweetie on MySpace during my divorce, back in May 2006. We got married soon after he got here from Morocco, which was Dec. 2006. We just sent the ROC paperwork on May 1 (of this year). There was alot going on in between all of that. There have been a few tough things - some within the relationship (adjusting), and some from outside (friends, family, society) - sounds like many of you know what I mean. Things are wonderful between us now, and we basically don't deal with people who "have problems" with us. Other than the ####### with my ex.... sigh...

I find it interesting that even though we have so many differences (age, religion, background, etc), the biggest obstacles we've faced are external. The biggest adjustment we've had within our relationship was more a male/female thing than anything else - I had to learn to leave him alone when he's upset instead of trying to 'fix' the problem. Once he has a chance to be alone and think for a little, he comes to me and then we talk. It's worked wonderfully, even with all the other ####### that is around us (like my ex trying to take my kids away from me). Someone here once posted that things got wonderful after a tough adjustment period, and that really gave me hope - and it also turned out the same for me!

I try to help and encourage people whenever I am on VJ. I wish I could be here more often, but between dealing with my ex and looking for a job, I just don't always find the time. I appreciate all the advice and moral support I've received over the years.

Best of luck to all!

venusfire

Edited by venusfire503

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
hi mena! :star:

I'm Autumn, 20 soon to be going on 21 insha'Allah! I'm a student in university still... studying elementary education. I live in Indiana, though these last 7 months I've been living with my hubby here in Alexandria, Egypt.

I met my hubby through a friend in Sept 07' and after talking for 11 months, he asked to have a sit down meeting between us to see if we could work out. He was a nice guy so when I went to Egypt for my yearly summer vacation we met... that would be July 08'. I was actually staying with HLM this last summer so her family subbed for my family. I'm still super grateful to them. :) We got engaged that last summer and married when I returned back to Egypt last February. He is 23 and just finished his school now.

Best decision I ever made. Just waiting for this process to be over! Awaiting his army currently... :wacko:

I thought I was the youngest in the MENA group, but you're one year younger. :) Welcome and good luck with your visa. :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
hi mena! :star:

I'm Autumn, 20 soon to be going on 21 insha'Allah! I'm a student in university still... studying elementary education. I live in Indiana, though these last 7 months I've been living with my hubby here in Alexandria, Egypt.

I met my hubby through a friend in Sept 07' and after talking for 11 months, he asked to have a sit down meeting between us to see if we could work out. He was a nice guy so when I went to Egypt for my yearly summer vacation we met... that would be July 08'. I was actually staying with HLM this last summer so her family subbed for my family. I'm still super grateful to them. :) We got engaged that last summer and married when I returned back to Egypt last February. He is 23 and just finished his school now.

Best decision I ever made. Just waiting for this process to be over! Awaiting his army currently... :wacko:

I thought I was the youngest in the MENA group, but you're one year younger. :) Welcome and good luck with your visa. :thumbs:

I think I beat all of you! :P I'm 18 and my hubby is 23

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

????????????????

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
????????????????

???????? I did not just read all that but something's wrong...mods?

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

oh my god !! at least respect muslim members !!!!! pffffff

well i havent introduce myself yet

my name is Siham , i had my diploma 2 years ago ,in hotel management , i met my husband on 2005 and married on novemeber 2006 , we had a child on september 2007 :)

im from kenitra but originally from meknes , i still with my parents while im waiting my IV

i have one brother and a sister , they live in england ! poor parents will stay home alone !!

that's all about me :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Totally inappropriate post by an obvious troll - which includes TOS violations - has been removed.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

Hi

I do not know if Myownwords can read my comments to her story. I feel I need to say a couple of things.

First, No one can represent Islam, but always Islam represent itself. You had a bad experience with your husband not with Islam, and everything that he did to you does not related to Islam. He is just a bad person. I do not want to be rude here, but It was your fault from the beginning when you converted to Islam and wear al-hjab just for your husband not following and believe in the Islam rule. You just let a bad person to enter your life and manipulated you , and you were ready to do anything to let him love you. Nothing wrong with this, but following Islam just for him and you are not believe in it was wrong. I am muslim and my wife is not, and I have never asked her to convert or wear al-hijab for me. I want her to believe in Islam first because I am aware if she became muslim just for me, in one point and if we have a problem and separate she will leave Islam. Again Islam represents itself.

About your husband you do not need to cry about him because he does not deserve any feeling. Just go ahead with your life. Love and marry be happy with the right person.

To all people who felt insulted because of her post. I feel different here that they are many people in this world always use Islam to get what they want and as result people misunderstood Islam. Like telling her to wear al-hijab and he drinks alcohol. It is stupid.

Sorry for the inconvenience

First meeting----2007-08-30

Engaged---------2007-11-21

Marriage---------2008-02-07

I-130 Sent-------2008-07-24

I-130 NOA1------2008-07-31

I-129F Sent------2008-08-26

I-129F NOA1-----2008-09-02

I-129F NOA2-----2009-02-25

NVC Received----2009-03-05

Packet 3---------2009-03-12

Packet 3 Sent----2009-04-13

Packet 4---------2009-04-26

Interview Date---2009-05-14--Approved, but required additional documents

Visa Received---- AP, Time Unknown

I-130 Approval----2009-02-25

Switched to IR1 visa

1st interview---------09-03-2011

2nd interview---------03-05-2011

visa issued-----------07-04-2011, but the Consulate kept my passport

3rd interview---------24-05-2011 with the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

4th interview---------06-06-2011 interviewd my wife, the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

passport received-----14-06-2011 with IR1 visa

US Entry----------21-09-2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To suffer in silence is the greatest suffering

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Darn it....what'd I miss? I always miss the fun... :angry:

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline
Darn it....what'd I miss? I always miss the fun... :angry:

Believe me, It was not fun.

First meeting----2007-08-30

Engaged---------2007-11-21

Marriage---------2008-02-07

I-130 Sent-------2008-07-24

I-130 NOA1------2008-07-31

I-129F Sent------2008-08-26

I-129F NOA1-----2008-09-02

I-129F NOA2-----2009-02-25

NVC Received----2009-03-05

Packet 3---------2009-03-12

Packet 3 Sent----2009-04-13

Packet 4---------2009-04-26

Interview Date---2009-05-14--Approved, but required additional documents

Visa Received---- AP, Time Unknown

I-130 Approval----2009-02-25

Switched to IR1 visa

1st interview---------09-03-2011

2nd interview---------03-05-2011

visa issued-----------07-04-2011, but the Consulate kept my passport

3rd interview---------24-05-2011 with the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

4th interview---------06-06-2011 interviewd my wife, the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

passport received-----14-06-2011 with IR1 visa

US Entry----------21-09-2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To suffer in silence is the greatest suffering

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.