100% Al Ahly Fan

Introduction

184 posts in this topic

amal

VJ member #14781

Joined 8-26-2005

My husband is Jordanian. We met early 2004, I went to Jordan in Dec 2004 and married him. He arrived in the USA in December 2005 and just went back home to Jordan for a 42 day visit.

I am a Missourian but hubby moved us to Houston, TX in 07. I am a Certified Pharmacy Technician (10 years now) and currently work in a small independent pharmacy full time while hubby works for himself out of the home doing graphic design type work.

I used to be VERY VERY active here in MENA but recently have been completely overtaken by Facebook and it's multitudes of games. *sigh*

I absolutely love the girls in here. They're an abundance of support!

Welcome

Amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey hey everyone! Looks like some folks are comming back! Lets keep this going.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi, Thank you for continuing this post. I just joined VJ yesterday, but have been reading on this site for months. When I am feeling down and like this process is never going to end, I turn to VJ for encouragement. Reading other peoples post has really helped a lot. I wish I had found this site a long time ago.

My husband is from Jordan and I also love it there. You are right, Aqaba is beautiful. I especially love Wadi Rum.

I am studying to be an elementary teacher. I hope to teach 2nd or 3rd grade, but I am getting certified in 1-5.

I have also been studying Arabic at my university for the past 6 semesters and it has been a great experience. I love being able to speak, read, and write my husband's language ( I still have a lot to learn.) The best part of studying Arabic is being able to speak to MIL and FIL.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

I'm 19 (I've been 19 for a very long time and I'm really good at it) and I have two children, one 18 and one 19, from a previous marriage ... and I can see that pretty soon they're going to be older than me. They're both well on their way to becoming doctors.

I'm married to an Egyptian fella who I met through a mutual friend while he was in the US working briefly for that same mutual friend. He wouldn't go to sleep for two years without talking to me and he was just sure I would come to Egypt and marry him one day. Well, guess what I did? I came to Egypt and married him and I've been living here since.

He works and he's almost ready to retire. I work in educational administration ... and I just got a really good offer to be a *drum roll, please!* university lecturer. We have a rather comfortable life here.

About three months into my stay I had a big ol' case of culture shock and said, "Let's get out of this $h!thole and go to America," because I found VJ before I went to Egypt and knew it would be easy to leave and bring him with if I felt the need. Soooooooooooo we filed DCF. Now that the economy has hit the skids we're both a little nervous about making the big move and I suspect I'll be eating those words because, as I told him, "America doesn't need one more cab driver."

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Skerber0: Don't know if you'll remember, but you contacted me once by email through my blog.

I just joined this forum yesterday and was a little hesitent because we are not planning on starting immigration process for a few more years. But after reading some posts and seeing others in similar positions were members, I figured it couldn't hurt to join now. Maybe if I keep up with all the info on here I'll be an expert in immigration in a few years time.

My name is Iman and I was born and raised in New York. Lived in the Bronx and upstate. I lived in Indiana for 10 years and currently hold Florida residency although I don't live there. I moved to Cairo in Feb 2008. I had met my husband in May of 2007 when I was making arrangements to move to Egypt. We had no plans to marry, but were just friends. Once I moved to Cairo, things took a different turn and we ended up married. So my plan to move to Cairo for a few years turned into a long term move. He has a good job in Cairo so we decided to hang out here for a while and move to the States in a few years (maybe longer). With the unemployment rate in the States right now - that's probably a good idea. I have to admit, that even after one and a half years living in Egypt, I am still having some bad days here. I miss so many aspects of my life, but at the same time I know if we go back now, and we are not ready, I will end up back to waiting tables for $2 per hour and I am not that anxious to get back to that. We have a large Rottweiler named Sierra that I brought with me from the States.

I started a blog (see link below) about my experiences living in Egypt - and lots of other random stuff.

I love dogs, books, photography (used to be wedding photographer in Indiana), and writing. Other interests include languages, sociology, women's issues, middle eastern studies, journalism, and Italian music.

Hi, I am Simms, I am relatively new here, I just mostly read the post, but dont post much. I am really glad you started this tread, it has been great reading about everyone. So welcome to the board, it sure does seem to have lots of great info. We have not filed yet, but will soon so I am sooo glad I found this site. My love is in Cairo, I will be going there in July.

Lets see, I live in North Carolina, again he in Cairo, I have boy and girl twins who will be 4 in July, they are from a previous marriage. I will be 40 in Jan and I work as a business analyst. Hobbies used to be (not much time these days) crocheting, knitting, cooking, reading, candle making, any kind of crafty work really. I do have a dog, but he drives me nuts. LOL although he is a ver y sweet dog, and we got two goldfish last Sat, but they both died. :( (anyone know anything about fish? what did i do wrong?)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Skerber0: Don't know if you'll remember, but you contacted me once by email through my blog.

I just joined this forum yesterday and was a little hesitent because we are not planning on starting immigration process for a few more years. But after reading some posts and seeing others in similar positions were members, I figured it couldn't hurt to join now. Maybe if I keep up with all the info on here I'll be an expert in immigration in a few years time.

My name is Iman and I was born and raised in New York. Lived in the Bronx and upstate. I lived in Indiana for 10 years and currently hold Florida residency although I don't live there. I moved to Cairo in Feb 2008. I had met my husband in May of 2007 when I was making arrangements to move to Egypt. We had no plans to marry, but were just friends. Once I moved to Cairo, things took a different turn and we ended up married. So my plan to move to Cairo for a few years turned into a long term move. He has a good job in Cairo so we decided to hang out here for a while and move to the States in a few years (maybe longer). With the unemployment rate in the States right now - that's probably a good idea. I have to admit, that even after one and a half years living in Egypt, I am still having some bad days here. I miss so many aspects of my life, but at the same time I know if we go back now, and we are not ready, I will end up back to waiting tables for $2 per hour and I am not that anxious to get back to that. We have a large Rottweiler named Sierra that I brought with me from the States.

I started a blog (see link below) about my experiences living in Egypt - and lots of other random stuff.

I love dogs, books, photography (used to be wedding photographer in Indiana), and writing. Other interests include languages, sociology, women's issues, middle eastern studies, journalism, and Italian music.

Hi, I am Simms, I am relatively new here, I just mostly read the post, but dont post much. I am really glad you started this tread, it has been great reading about everyone. So welcome to the board, it sure does seem to have lots of great info. We have not filed yet, but will soon so I am sooo glad I found this site. My love is in Cairo, I will be going there in July.

Lets see, I live in North Carolina, again he in Cairo, I have boy and girl twins who will be 4 in July, they are from a previous marriage. I will be 40 in Jan and I work as a business analyst. Hobbies used to be (not much time these days) crocheting, knitting, cooking, reading, candle making, any kind of crafty work really. I do have a dog, but he drives me nuts. LOL although he is a ver y sweet dog, and we got two goldfish last Sat, but they both died. :( (anyone know anything about fish? what did i do wrong?)

Imam, I just checked your blog and love love the pictures of the dog and kitteh!

My name is Terrie, I am from WI. I have been married to my moroccan for almost 2 years now. I love my doggy and kitteh. I have 2 boys that are grown. And a grandchild that is 3 months old. I love reading, cross stitch, gardening, traveling and family.

Family is most important to me.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
Ghassan is an Iraqi from Baghdad. He fled to Syria 2 years ago. Syria will not allow Iraqi's to earn a living- so he has to depend on his family to send him money each month. He lives in a basement of some "apartment" building that is crumbling. Not very good living conditions at all-I could go on and on about all of this, but I will spare you all the details- I am sure you have your own horror stories of such things. Currently his "temporary residency" is about to run out. At this point, we have NO clue what he will do. Hopefully he will be able to do some bribes (as every other time) as that is how things work over there. If not, we are not sure where he will go. He refuses to go back to Iraq and not too many other places will take Iraqis. We are doing A LOT of praying lately for something to come through...

I feel for you....it is hard. :( Have faith in Allah swt.....

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Timeline

*Bump* Keep 'em comming folks!!!

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello all, Im Sandra from Kansas, talked to a few of you already. I appriciate all the support from this site its been amazing. My husband Ahmed from Alexandria is finishing his military time, will finish Sept.1 so only about a month away. We have been married over a year. Good news im flying to Egypt Monday the 27th to spend his break from the military with him. Its been since Feb. You all know the deal missing them all the time, all times of the day contstantly thinking of the day the approval will happen.

Timeline
Hello all, Im Sandra from Kansas, talked to a few of you already. I appriciate all the support from this site its been amazing. My husband Ahmed from Alexandria is finishing his military time, will finish Sept.1 so only about a month away. We have been married over a year. Good news im flying to Egypt Monday the 27th to spend his break from the military with him. Its been since Feb. You all know the deal missing them all the time, all times of the day contstantly thinking of the day the approval will happen.

I'll be coming right behind you on the 28th! :dance: :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sandra- I know forsure that Egyptian's married to foreigners were not allowed to enter the military nor police force! I don't know why the change?! Oivia had to go through it and now you....*sigh* I salute you for your patience your wait is almost over hun hang in there. :thumbs:

lyrics.jpg

Timeline

*BUMP*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi everyone, im Patricia from the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area. im engaged to Zouhair from Khemisset, Morocco. i met him on myspace in december '08 and i went to morocco to meet him in April 09. best 6 days of my life!!!!. he told me about VJ before going there as his cousin told him about it. VJ has given me everything ive needed so far and im SO grateful to be able to read about others here that are in the same shoes as me. makes me feel less alone. i have 1 son who is 7 going on 17, lol....from a previous marriage. my family are totally against what im doing and tried to talk me out of going there...they thought some really bad stuff would happen to me there, but they were wrong of course and when i came back they still think he will end up hurting me in the end. i told them...dont judge someone u refuse to get to know. and i also told them not to say anything else bad about him, his family or his country or religion as i already have enough stress going through this immigration process to deal with their ignorance. so, they just dont say anything at all about him which has been good. i still cant see my case in USCIS website, which is ok i guess since it really doesnt show much, just would like to know that they are actually "touching" my file and not forget about it. anyway, im on here everyday and i read most of the posts and im pretty shy till i get to know someone, i think thats why i just started posting here. everyone here in "mena-land" is so friendly to one another and i could always use more friends supporting me with this and i can provide some support to anyone who needs it. hope everyones "journey" here goes smoothly and quickly.

Patricia :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome Patricia! I just want to share that when my husband and I first got involved I had to fight with everybody. I was some kind of nut job that had lost her last screw according to my family. Well, years have gone by, a son and he is here with us. They like him now and everybody gets along when we are all together. (he works all the time!) So, hang in there, time will prove to them who he is.

Timeline
hi everyone, im Patricia from the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area. im engaged to Zouhair from Khemisset, Morocco. i met him on myspace in december '08 and i went to morocco to meet him in April 09. best 6 days of my life!!!!. he told me about VJ before going there as his cousin told him about it. VJ has given me everything ive needed so far and im SO grateful to be able to read about others here that are in the same shoes as me. makes me feel less alone. i have 1 son who is 7 going on 17, lol....from a previous marriage. my family are totally against what im doing and tried to talk me out of going there...they thought some really bad stuff would happen to me there, but they were wrong of course and when i came back they still think he will end up hurting me in the end. i told them...dont judge someone u refuse to get to know. and i also told them not to say anything else bad about him, his family or his country or religion as i already have enough stress going through this immigration process to deal with their ignorance. so, they just dont say anything at all about him which has been good. i still cant see my case in USCIS website, which is ok i guess since it really doesnt show much, just would like to know that they are actually "touching" my file and not forget about it. anyway, im on here everyday and i read most of the posts and im pretty shy till i get to know someone, i think thats why i just started posting here. everyone here in "mena-land" is so friendly to one another and i could always use more friends supporting me with this and i can provide some support to anyone who needs it. hope everyones "journey" here goes smoothly and quickly.

Patricia :thumbs:

Welcome again Patricia. I remember and know exactly what you are goin thru. My parents wanted nothing to do with the fact that I was goin to Morocco and that I was gonna marry this man. In fact, they didn't come to my wedding (their loss). And its been almost 2 years and now they want to meet him. Unfortunatly my husband has no interest in meeting them.:( Good luck on your journey here! And if you need to talk, we are like one big family here.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.