100% Al Ahly Fan

Introduction

184 posts in this topic

I'm UmmSqueakster, fka rahma. Squeakster is the squishy and fat feline love of my life. I'm married to AbuSqueakster, the ** sapien love of my life, who has been in the US for more than 3 and a half years now.

*looks at join date* zomgosh, I my 4 year VJ anniversary was a few weeks ago :wacko: Where has the time gone?

[public service announcement] Honestly, looking back at the journey, it was long and hard, and it's still hard. The visa process is nothing compared to the adjustment once the MENA man gets here, at least in my experience. Make sure you love each other lots and are very patient, because that love will be tested and your patience will be stretched thin. [/public service announcement]

Here is a picture of my lab Lemons, she is a blonde spoiled rotten little Princess. I would not trade the world for her.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I haven't been posting much lately but still might as well introduce myself since there are a lot of new faces around here.

I've been a member of VJ since Dec. 2005 and still can't believe how lost I would be without it. My husband is from Morocco and will be applying for his citizenship in Sept. and I'm hoping that it would be a speedy process.

I'm 35 years old, originally from Poland but NYC has been my home for the past 18 years. I work for a Public Relations firm and love my job....

I've made some great friends on VJ and am very grateful for their support through the visa process and beyond!!!

Best,

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm UmmSqueakster, fka rahma. Squeakster is the squishy and fat feline love of my life. I'm married to AbuSqueakster, the ** sapien love of my life, who has been in the US for more than 3 and a half years now.

*looks at join date* zomgosh, I my 4 year VJ anniversary was a few weeks ago :wacko: Where has the time gone?

[public service announcement] Honestly, looking back at the journey, it was long and hard, and it's still hard. The visa process is nothing compared to the adjustment once the MENA man gets here, at least in my experience. Make sure you love each other lots and are very patient, because that love will be tested and your patience will be stretched thin. [/public service announcement]

Here is a picture of my lab Lemons, she is a blonde spoiled rotten little Princess. I would not trade the world for her.

AWWWWWWWW, love the pic and name!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well I am Rosie from Texas. I met Farid online in Yahoo messenger. I traveled to Morocco in Dec of 2007 and we got married in Jan of 2008. I met the residency requirements and I filed DCF in Oct 2008 and he got approved in Dec 2008. We are now in Texas living with my parents till we can get back into my home. I enjoy being a member of VJ and can't wait to see new posts and see new members come on board. And lastly, Farid is just the best. A good, kind, loving, caring guy.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

AWWWWWWWW, love the pic and name!

I went to Chik Fillet for a Lemonaide, and came home with her instead. She was running around a Target parking lot, best Lemons I ever brought home, She is what is keeping me going thru this immigration nightmare. I also have a Black lab Toula, I will find a pic of her, 2 labs in the same house, oh boy!!! They are my girls.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Rosie, I feel the same about VJ. I just love reading all the great post. Glad you met a good man, they can be hard to come by. I am truly blessed with one as well.

Hello Dorothy. Nice to meet ya and thanks for responding!

Hey Charles! Glad to meet ya!

Salaam Rahma!!! I love it!! Umm and Abu Squeakster!!! Very cute! Four years?? Impressive. Shows me that my thoughts about this place is right! Great place! Thanks for the great advice!

Hey Terrie. Thanks for responding. Adorable grandbaby, btw. I love babies!

HI Beth. Happy to meet you! God willing you will get though this, asap!! I'd be happy to lend an ear if ya need it! BTW, Lemons is so cute!

Salaam ya Nawal A.k.a Annie :star: MashaAllah, your babies are so darn cute! These post on VJ seriously, make me bust out laughing sometimes!! This place is great!!! Oh and I love joking too....so joke away!!!

Hi Jeanne, glad to meet ya!! My mama is from Alex. I spent many a summer there as a child. Wonderful city. Shhh....don't tell my Ahmed, he thinks I love Cairo, hee hee. Hmm...AP, kinda scared of that, so I may pester you with questions about that. Thanks so much for the warm greetings!

Hey Kristin, Glad you liked my choice of thread. Sorry to hear about your dog passing :crying: As for the people here at VJ, I have seen so many people that really seem to care about each other. Like real friends and it makes me smile. I look forward to being that way with many here. Glad you are on your way back to VJ regularly.

Wa Salaam ya Tasha! MashaAllah, you son is very cute! I know what it's like to WANT to go to work. After a long weekend with my son, I REALLY look forward to Mondays...pretty sad, huh? :lol: No, really I know what it's like being busy. Swimming, soccer practice, school, work. Life's a bit crazy. Stinks right now being a single mom, inshaAllah not for long.

Lisa, thanks for sharing...I too work in healthcare. Children's clinic actually. I've become immune to constant crying :rofl: I thought I was the only one becoming addicted to this place. Glad I'm not alone.

Hee, hee....thanks Nagi for the link to the other introduction. I hope this can stay in MENA, I should have titled it Introduction MENA. Oh well. Anyhow, glad to know you Nagi! Love your posts and comments!

Salaam and wonderful to meet you Kenza!! Congrats on graduating! Have fun and enjoy!

Wow, nice to meet all you! I love that everyone seems to be responding!! Thank you! I look forward to getting to know each and everyone of you better.

I realized after posting, I could have mentioned more about me. So here it goes...I was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I am half Egyptian and half Saudi Arabian (don't ask me how I manage winters in Minnesota...my middle eastern blood hates EVERY minute of it). My husband is from Egypt as well. I was married before which ended with a beautiful result, my son Tariq. I also have two cats, Boy cat and Girl cat. By adoption, I have a brother named Jim Bob Pookie (my mother's fox hound) :) I too, love to travel and shop!!! I am a huge soccer fan! Go Al-Ahly!!!!! Um, I think that's it for now.

Anyhow, I filed this May and it's already driving me crazy. I am obsessingly checking for ANYTHING numerous times a day! :angry: I am sure most of you can relate. Again, thank everyone for taking the time to respond!!

Edited by 100% Al Ahly Fan

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Welcome and you certainly have stumbled upon a wonderful group of unique and intelligent women (and Charles :devil: ) here at VJ.

My name is Lisa aka Sandrila and my husband of 2 years name is Tarik

He is from Rabat and I am from Philadelphia.

We have 3 children from my previous marriage.

Tarik arrived in mid Nov '08.

There is just a wide range of support, encouragement, information and experience to be had on this site.

I thank GOD for guiding me too it and it helped us tremendously. Not only with the actual immigration journey but even now that we are living together.

The waiting is the worst. There is never anything conclusive up and until the visa is in hand but with GOD'S help, patience and determination your time will come. (F)

add me to the VJ addicts :innocent:

Timeline

Im Tamara and my husband is Adam. Hes from Alex Egypt. We met online in a christian chat room in Oct 2005. Nov 2005 my grandparents told me they were going on a 3 day trip to Egypt for the first time in their life. Jan 2006 I told my family about Adam and asked my grandparents to allow Adam to meet them in Cairo in March. July 2006 I went to Egypt and married Adam. January 2008 he got his visa. I was born in NJ, raised in Louisiana and spent the last 12 yrs here in Georgia. Adam and I are hoping to get transfered to Houston Tx to be closer to half of my family and (closer to the beach) :devil:

oh and Ive been addicted to VJ too since 2007. :innocent:

Edited by TamaraLovesAdam
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline
Hi Sharifah, i'm Jeanne, world traveler and nomad, currently residing in Tucson, Arizona! Hubby is from Alexandria, Egypt and he's known as Wael, sweetie or sugar! He answers to anything!

We have been married almost 3 yrs...he's been here in the states 1 1/2 yrs working for a military contractor but will go full time to the University of Arizona 2009-2010. He will be pursing his second BA in Economics.

Hubby introduced me to VJ when we were still in the pits of AP hell. Loved reading the posts and must say it certainly helped me to stay sane, not give up hope, refine my skills in patience, meet wonderful people and post the greatest LOL pics!!

Nice to meet you and welcome aboard!!!

funny-dog-pictures-stick-together.jpg

Hi there,

Im Beth, I filed CR-1 in March awaiting word from USCIS on a RFE, UGH!!, LOL , should know this week. Im originally from Oceanside, CA. military brat, husband is originally from Algeria, but lives in Paris France. We have been together for nearly 3 years, and married twice to each other "Long story" LOL Our home is Houston, TX.

Anyways, welcome and good luck on your journey.

I love Oceanside! You must come from a Marine family! Oceanside had the greatest Rockin'Baja Lobster EVER!!! What the hay am I doing in AZ???????

Love your Lab's name! Beautiful Lab.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Hi and welcome. This site is what got me through the process so far with my sanity still in tact. Um, I should rephrase that... I'm as sane as I was when i started. :wacko: Anyway, my husband is from Algeria and we now live in Tampa, Florida. I'm a nurse, and he just received his EAD so he's looking for work. He was a teacher back home but getting him certified here will be a long process. Right now he's just hoping he can find something to help out. We've been together a few years, married for 8 months and doing great.

Good luck with your process and I hope it goes smoothly.

:thumbs: well put and you didnt add that you are our guru as well. I hope I don't offend by saying so but if you need any thorough expertise on the teachings of Islam, Squeaky is one of your gals :D

GOOD NITE FOLKS :dance:

Edited by Sandrila

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Im Jess, I am married to George from Lebanon since June 11 2005(our 4yr anni is coming up in a few days). Im orig from upstate NY. I have a son who is almost 9 from my first married and George and i have a son who just turned one. We live in Riyadh Saudi Arabia where George works. We lived in Lebanon from Jan 06 til April 07--since then we have been in Riyadh. I spend a lot of time back in Ny with my family. No chance of us coming back to the states--its a long story its posted on vj somewhere lol, dont feel like typing it all out again....But God willing we will be able to move to Canada in a few years.

I think ive been a part of vj since Dec 2005.

Im not a fulltime poster because i dont have any insite to offer about the visa process--because well we dont have one, but i lurk daily and i almost always post in the daily thread a few times a week.

Nice to meet you all.

Edited by jessNgeorges

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

HI everyone,

Im jennie I live in northern Indiana, I have a 20 yr old daughter and cant forget my four legged child tylee. (lab) My husband is ammar and he lives in syria. we have been married for 1yr 7 months. we have been together almost 3 yrs. I miss him! :(

I just started posting in mena and I must say the girls here are really nice and funny. I too am a vj junky.

I like to travel, love animals, reading. its nice to meet you all.

God doesn't give you the people you want, He gives you the people you

NEED. To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you

into the person you were meant to be.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Greetings Sharifah!

VJ is the place for you :thumbs: I joined late last year as my US citizenship process was underway. I was researching the process and trying to decide whether to hire a lawyer. After stumbling upon VJ and reading lots of posts, I decided to do it myself, and am so glad I did. If your case is straightforward, and even if it's not, the advice here is as good as if not better than most lawyers can offer, not to mention cheaper!

So I got my citizenship in January and filed my husband's CR-1 the next day. His interview is in two weeks. We wouldn't have gotten through so fast without the information right here on VJ. Be sure to check out the NVC shortucts in the Wiki section above (Popular Pages/NVC/Helpful Links). Study the LingChe shortcuts and you will zip through - they really work, especially now that the NVC does almost everything via email. The NVC sub-forum is also a wonderful source of advice/support.

Insha'allh my husband will be here in 3 weeks, exactly one year earlier than my lawyer estimated last June.

Good luck on the rest of your journey! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.