Introduction

184 posts in this topic

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Hi my name is Salam. I'm an 18 year old female new to VJ...joined because im getting impatient with the process ever since I had my baby boy Umar. Hope his dad gets here before Umar is 1 year. Inshallah. BTW thanks 100% Al Ahly Fan for the invite :D

Hey! I'm not the youngest anymore lol

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow!! I read through all 11 pages now and thank you for all the introductions! I am so very happy to meet and finally get to know everyone!

My name is Andrea, I am on the space coast of florida(yes, where the shuttle takes off!). My husband is Sameh and he is in Luxor, Egypt. We met online over a year ago, and finally got married this past June. We are pretty much at the beginning of our journey, still waiting for our NOA2.

I am also in the medical field, what else in the land of retirement? I have lived in many places in the U.S. and elsewhere too. I have a son and a daughter from a previous marriage that keep me busy while I am waiting for my husband to join us.

It's great to get to know everyone!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
Welcome, Salam. Your boy is very cute! He's very Yemeni looking! :luv: I have two half Yemeni boys myself. :) I see you are from Michigan. Ahlan wa sahlan!

Hi my name is Salam. I'm an 18 year old female new to VJ...joined because im getting impatient with the process ever since I had my baby boy Umar. Hope his dad gets here before Umar is 1 year. Inshallah. BTW thanks 100% Al Ahly Fan for the invite :D

yea very typical im from dearborn (where 1/3 of arab population live in america). your sons are very cute mashallah. btw im a big johnny depp fan too lol

Hey! I'm not the youngest anymore lol

technically your still are lol. i was born november 15 1990, a month before you lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post containing personally sensitive information removed at OP's request

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Wow, 11 pages!!! But awesome introductions everyone... welcome to the newbies, and glad you're still here to the not so newbies. lol...

I've been on VJ for a while now, but I've never really introduced myself (I don't think)--my memory stinks.

I'm M :D 22 years old Iranian-American from Chicago (with a B.S in psychology, studying for the GRE so I can apply for grad school for '10--pray that I get accepted!!), and my husband is M :P 30 years old from Tehran, Iran. The story of how we met is kinda interesting (I think)...my husband and I both had yahoo 360 profiles back in August of 2007 and he was friends with my second cousin on yahoo 360 (neither of them remember how they added each other). I too was friends with my cousin. So apparently he saw my profile via my cousin's profile and added me. I sent him a message with an "uh... do I know you?" And he responded with a "I don't think so"...lol. So I checked out his friends list and noticed it consisted almost entirely of his family members (nieces, nephews, brother, sister, etc). So I figure he's not a creeper. I accepted his add and we started messaging back and forth, then later chatting and talking on the phone. Literally, 6 hours at a time. By December we decided that it was time to meet so my Dad and I made the trip to Iran to meet him and his family. We were met with a bit of an issue when my Dad initially didn't okay the relationship (especially since it had started via internet, etc), but eventually convinced him that we were true and that our relationship was real (it was like the first step of the interview process--prove relationship to father...lol) Anyway, that December was SUPER memorable... full of ups and downs, and snowy night outings. Eventually I returned to Chicago and our relationship continued via phone. Around March we decided it was about time we get married and so his sister called my parents and asked them if it was okay to start planning everything. So wedding planning started via internet (he would visit venues, send me pics, I would approve or disapprove)--pretty crazy stuff. June I went back to Iran with my mom this time so we could finish planning before my dad and siblings arrived in July. (My extended family are all in Iran so it was the perfect place to have our wedding). We were married on July 12, 2008--one of the best days of my life!!! I stayed with him for a month, returned in August, couldn't stand being lonely so went back in Dec, initially planning on returning in Feb but instead returned in June :P. While I was there we went through the entire NVC process and went for our interview on May 19th in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Everything went perfectly alhamdullilah...he got his visa next day, May 20th. BUTTTTTTTTTT he's still in Iran because he had to wrap up things with his business, and sell his car etc, which has made me increasingly impatient (but understanding) (props to all those people waiting for their fiances and spouses, especially those in AP, I can't imagine how tough it must be). So I am super happy now that we have reserved a ticket for his arrival on Sept 25th. (It'll be like my Eid ul Fitr present :D--kinda late). I'm just kinda freaking out about his adjustment here, (he wants to go to school, so we'll both be students), and we'll probably be living with my parents for the first few months (bummer)-but I know the VJ crowd is here for ideas and support! lol.

Wow I wrote a lot. That's all folks!

~M

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

Marriage : 2008-07-12

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-02

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-20

NVC Received : 2009-01-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-01

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-02-03

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-27

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-05

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-19

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-25

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-03-17

Packet 4 Received : 2009-03-24

Interview Date : 2009-05-19!!!!!!!!!!! Pray for a quick approval and no AP!!!

Visa in Hand: 2009-05-20!!! Thank you god! Now I wish he would just come to the US sooner... miss him...grrr.

Point of Entry: Chicago O'Hare Airport October , 16th 2009!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Wow, 11 pages!!! But awesome introductions everyone... welcome to the newbies, and glad you're still here to the not so newbies. lol...

I've been on VJ for a while now, but I've never really introduced myself (I don't think)--my memory stinks.

I'm M :D 22 years old Iranian-American from Chicago (with a B.S in psychology, studying for the GRE so I can apply for grad school for '10--pray that I get accepted!!), and my husband is M :P 30 years old from Tehran, Iran. The story of how we met is kinda interesting (I think)...my husband and I both had yahoo 360 profiles back in August of 2007 and he was friends with my second cousin on yahoo 360 (neither of them remember how they added each other). I too was friends with my cousin. So apparently he saw my profile via my cousin's profile and added me. I sent him a message with an "uh... do I know you?" And he responded with a "I don't think so"...lol. So I checked out his friends list and noticed it consisted almost entirely of his family members (nieces, nephews, brother, sister, etc). So I figure he's not a creeper. I accepted his add and we started messaging back and forth, then later chatting and talking on the phone. Literally, 6 hours at a time. By December we decided that it was time to meet so my Dad and I made the trip to Iran to meet him and his family. We were met with a bit of an issue when my Dad initially didn't okay the relationship (especially since it had started via internet, etc), but eventually convinced him that we were true and that our relationship was real (it was like the first step of the interview process--prove relationship to father...lol) Anyway, that December was SUPER memorable... full of ups and downs, and snowy night outings. Eventually I returned to Chicago and our relationship continued via phone. Around March we decided it was about time we get married and so his sister called my parents and asked them if it was okay to start planning everything. So wedding planning started via internet (he would visit venues, send me pics, I would approve or disapprove)--pretty crazy stuff. June I went back to Iran with my mom this time so we could finish planning before my dad and siblings arrived in July. (My extended family are all in Iran so it was the perfect place to have our wedding). We were married on July 12, 2008--one of the best days of my life!!! I stayed with him for a month, returned in August, couldn't stand being lonely so went back in Dec, initially planning on returning in Feb but instead returned in June :P. While I was there we went through the entire NVC process and went for our interview on May 19th in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Everything went perfectly alhamdullilah...he got his visa next day, May 20th. BUTTTTTTTTTT he's still in Iran because he had to wrap up things with his business, and sell his car etc, which has made me increasingly impatient (but understanding) (props to all those people waiting for their fiances and spouses, especially those in AP, I can't imagine how tough it must be). So I am super happy now that we have reserved a ticket for his arrival on Sept 25th. (It'll be like my Eid ul Fitr present :D--kinda late). I'm just kinda freaking out about his adjustment here, (he wants to go to school, so we'll both be students), and we'll probably be living with my parents for the first few months (bummer)-but I know the VJ crowd is here for ideas and support! lol.

Wow I wrote a lot. That's all folks!

~M

Nice to meet ya! My hubby is coming inshallah 2 days after yours! And we too are living with my parents lol...at least until he finds a job. My husband also wants to get a 3rd masters degree, don't ask me why, but I said one person in school at a time lol.

My signature too is MMM. Married Moroccan Muslim. :D

Edited by Kenza

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Kenza, my hubby is going to be starting school ALL over since his credits from Iran for BA aren't accepted here. So we'll both be students full time. You're lucky that your hubby can at least begin looking for a job in the professional field right away. I kind of like the fact that we're both students though--it'll make him more understanding of what I go through throughout the day at school and with studying (and it'll make him more helpful around the house because we're both under similar pressures) lol. That's really exciting that he's coming soon though. I'm so looking forward to having my hubby here with me :).

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

Marriage : 2008-07-12

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-02

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-20

NVC Received : 2009-01-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-01

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-02-03

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-27

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-05

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-19

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-25

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-03-17

Packet 4 Received : 2009-03-24

Interview Date : 2009-05-19!!!!!!!!!!! Pray for a quick approval and no AP!!!

Visa in Hand: 2009-05-20!!! Thank you god! Now I wish he would just come to the US sooner... miss him...grrr.

Point of Entry: Chicago O'Hare Airport October , 16th 2009!!!

• 3 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just like this thread! :P

I'm bumping it up...there are many new MENA faces :)

Post here and introduce yourself ;)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

salam sister , i like this thread a lot ,, i got on this awesome site on OCT 6,09 so i'm not that old on here lol but really everyone on here is so helpful also i made friends from here like Ahmed,, Mohamed ,, Ahmed yes two Ahmeds lol everyone on here help me a lot even with silly questions i made also all share me my happiness when i told about my visa when i got issued , i'm Mounir 40 years old i got married with my sweetheart Suzie 3/11/2009 i live in Cairo -Egypt and we both so excited for knowing that we finally will be together last forever she's pure heart and everything to me , i love making friends and soccer game lol ,, wish you all the best always .

Mounir and Suzie

UFHJ.jpg

pJWdp2.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome to the thread, Mounir! :)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
salam sister , i like this thread a lot ,, i got on this awesome site on OCT 6,09 so i'm not that old on here lol but really everyone on here is so helpful also i made friends from here like Ahmed,, Mohamed ,, Ahmed yes two Ahmeds lol everyone on here help me a lot even with silly questions i made also all share me my happiness when i told about my visa when i got issued , i'm Mounir 40 years old i got married with my sweetheart Suzie 3/11/2009 i live in Cairo -Egypt and we both so excited for knowing that we finally will be together last forever she's pure heart and everything to me , i love making friends and soccer game lol ,, wish you all the best always .

I'm sure I can probably guess your favorite team, eh? I am hoping you don't let me down mister!! :thumbs: Welcome to you and Suzie!

Tasha

Edited by Aymsgirl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.