Captain Ewok

Post Bugs here!

1,454 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Clicked on 'My Content' tonight and had an alert pop up, and am now shut out of viewing 'My Content' unless I shut off my antivirus program or the web shield feature. I choose to leave them on. This is happening far too often on this site now.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

We are working with the AV company you are posting about. They are generating what look like false alarms.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

Question for folks. This seems to be exclusive to Avast Antivirus. Correct? Just want to isolate / reproduce.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Timeline

Question for folks. This seems to be exclusive to Avast Antivirus. Correct? Just want to isolate / reproduce.

I have the same problem with Microsoft Security Essentials. However, blocking Google from ignoring my privacy settings by not allowing them to set any third party cookies seems to have stopped pages from being blocked.

Timeline

Any chance you can purge your browser cache, reset the browser then try again?

For debugging reasons are you having this issue now or in recent days or weeks.

It has been a while. The only issue that is reoccurring is that it often takes multiple clicks to navigate the site. That comes and goes. All my temporary stuff gets wiped weekly.

Timeline

I have emptied the cookies and reset the browser and then been allowed to get back in. Eventually it starts happening again and either turning off Avast allows me back and then I turn Avast back on and I am fine. This problem has been happening for months.

Timeline

So please don't link like that. We use google to hist Javascript and blocking them prevents parts of the site from working. Things like menus and such.

So please don't link like that. We use google to hist Javascript and blocking them prevents parts of the site from working. Things like menus and such.

Sorry. I won't push that issue any further, other than to say I think the problem is somehow related to something(s) on that list.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Mine is Avast. I have not tried it using anything else. I temporarily disabled the Avast's web shield tonight so I could view 'My Content' and navigate the site without getting any pop-up alerts and having pages blocked.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Again the same problems. The site is getting unusable. Can't the new owners do something?

New owners?

Again the same problems. The site is getting unusable. Can't the new owners do something?

We've scanned the site with every scanner out there. Google included. Other antivirus tools. Nothing. Can you give me details on what Avast is saying. I can't reproduce it.

Timeline

New Lawyers you put on this DIY site.

New owners?

We've scanned the site with every scanner out there. Google included. Other antivirus tools. Nothing. Can you give me details on what Avast is saying. I can't reproduce it.

It is OK now and when it does it again I will do a screen capture and send it to you by message. Since it seems that others are having the same problems and they run Avast it has to be Avast. When it has said anything it is saying that this site and something malware. After I can't access at all until I clear the cookies or disable Avast temp. I am a truck driver so what do I know.

New Lawyers you put on this DIY site.

It is OK now and when it does it again I will do a screen capture and send it to you by message. Since it seems that others are having the same problems and they run Avast it has to be Avast. When it has said anything it is saying that this site and something malware. After I can't access at all until I clear the cookies or disable Avast temp. I am a truck driver so what do I know.

I did a few external scans last night for visajourney.com using different providers, everything came up in the green, except a couple that noted no external firewall in place. Perhaps they just trying to sell something. As far as the malware traffic log, two incidents were recorded, including the most recent one in December that I posted about earlier. Maybe Avast has something in their adware/privacy settings you can toggle.

Edited by I AM NOT THAT GUY