Captain Ewok

Post Bugs here!

1,456 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

No Re-Direct module to preserve URL after Admins merge or split threads.

I have seen threads get intraday indexing on google.

When you merge, the already indexed thread becomes lost traffic. This annoys potential new readers and reduces search engine standing. It is also lost impressions for ad revenues.

Recommend you find or write proprer re-direct module to preserve the old URL with a re-direct to the new one when you merge. If you do not have that module, then recommend discouraging merge and transfer activity unless it is very important.

Hope it helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

All, the WIki may look odd for a few days while we "reskin it". We had to upgrade to a newer version for security :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Wiki complete... if you have any issues then you can run a hard refresh to correct things :-).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

Captain Ewok I was told to leave this message for you here hopefully you will understand my explanation. When someone goes to upload a review to the "Reviews:Embassy/USCIS& POE" or from the home screen. In the drop down menu Kenya is not listed, here is the area that I am talking about.

Country

Consulate "No Kenya in the drop down"

Topic

Review

Edited by Kolewenoik31

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks All. We've already cleared the issue and Google has confirmed the fix. The warning will be removed from chrome and other services shortly.

Different browser (IE11) and MSE trapped an exploit trying to redirect to another website. VisaJourney.com was identified as the host. I should have gotten more particulars for you.

Dear Ewok,

I recently lost a long (1 hour plus to write) reply because of 'Aggressive' merging and sorting by an admin.

As we had discussed before, you lose a substantial amount of Site Traffic because of the issue of merging/sorting of threads.

Google and others will downgrade results on the basis of % of bad links encountered on referral. Also people get tired of clicking only to find error messages. You are spidered quite frequently and so the merging effectively turns new links into bad links.

I think we both want to see more traffic and more contributors to this community. We have to consider that overzealous moderation can have a deleterious effect on site traffic, community growth, and ad revenues deriving therefrom.

May I suggest that you recommend to moderators a curtailing or reduction of merges/transfers until an appropriate module can be written to maintain a redirect on the former URL.

My two cents.

Humbly yours,

Timeline

I have today gotten a antivirus warning. I did have this problem before also and couldn't even get my Avast to allow me into CEHST but the rest of the site I could get to. I have to either stop antivirus or clear cookies to get my antivirus to allow me to go to CEHST. I believe it is your ad revenue generator causing this and not the site itself but what do I know as I am only a simple truck driver.

Also recently I have noticed settings get buggy. Recently I have had a hard time getting a new image as an icon but keeps showing the old one instead. I have to completely not use that option.

So what's up? Why all the problems with the site? Thank you in advance for any replies.

Just did it again - Here is what is being provided by Chrome:

It has done it twice. Otherwise, things are normal.

Perhaps one of the ads redirects to the problem site.

I have today gotten a antivirus warning. I did have this problem before also and couldn't even get my Avast to allow me into CEHST but the rest of the site I could get to. I have to either stop antivirus or clear cookies to get my antivirus to allow me to go to CEHST. I believe it is your ad revenue generator causing this and not the site itself but what do I know as I am only a simple truck driver.

Also recently I have noticed settings get buggy. Recently I have had a hard time getting a new image as an icon but keeps showing the old one instead. I have to completely not use that option.

So what's up? Why all the problems with the site? Thank you in advance for any replies.

I am having to double click on stuff to get things to do anything more and more frequently, and usually in the same forum you speak of.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i've been having the same problems as you guys, these last 4 weeks. malware alert? what the heck ? i wish the site owner could test stuff from a pc in the usa.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

On Android, when I click a forum to read, it gives me the first page and then "Next". But some forums are years old, lots of pages. How do I skip to "last"? On cell phone, android. Thanks :)

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

Timeline

Having trouble again just now with antivirus identifying this site as having malware.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yep, this is an ongoing problem. Still sometimes get the avast popups warning me of the malware and not letting me view the page it alerts on. It happens too often for me to note each and every time and URL it does it on. I have just gotten in the habit of passing over the pages it alerts on and only dealing with the pages that I get no alerts on. I do not want to turn off my web shield forever just so I can use VJ.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I have had others tell me they are having probs too so I came to post about it. Seems the site doesn't care since they don't reply. Oh well.

Yep, this is an ongoing problem. Still sometimes get the avast popups warning me of the malware and not letting me view the page it alerts on. It happens too often for me to note each and every time and URL it does it on. I have just gotten in the habit of passing over the pages it alerts on and only dealing with the pages that I get no alerts on. I do not want to turn off my web shield forever just so I can use VJ.