stvil62948

K-1, K-3, IR-1/CR-1 ? ? ? Which one to choose?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I thought I understood it all. Maybe not all, but enough to know the K-1 was the fastest route to see my loved one (Russian) face-to-face in the US. We are traveling to the Dominican Republic for our first personal meeting next week 6/6/09. Today she asked about the possibility of marrying in the DR during our meeting. I certainly was happy to hear this, but it was difficult for me to explain that the K-1 was the fastest choice. She told me that her friend arrived in the US in 2006 as a spouse, and the process was only 4 months! I don't know the type of application they used (direct consular filing?).

Am I missing something???? I don't have any special circumstances that would allow a direct consular filing, as I understand it. What is the present waiting time for the K-1, K-3, and IR-1/CR-1? I have to admit that I can't remember ever reading about the IR-1/CR-1 until tonight.

I'd appreciate any opinions or advice ASAP! As I said earlier, we're going to have our personal meeting in less than 1 week.

Thanks much for any help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Triple Post. Please only post question once.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I left that legal stuff to my immigration attorney and I thoroughly checked him out. Over a two year period, I spent over seven months of it with my intended wife, either here or in Venezuela. We both had very bad marriages that were extremely expensive for us, and we both wanted to be sure, even though we knew we were right for each other, and it was extremely painful for both of us to part. Just found it ironic that you are talking about marriage even before meeting her. Other stuff like adjusting to our culture, in-laws, family, finances, etc., that takes time.

No matter how you do it, the USCIS will jump all over you about fraud, and with these K things, only give you 90 days to make up your mind, that is equally crazy. The entire system is crazy and if the marriage doesn't work out, who pays for it? It sure isn't the hell the USCIS, it's you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDis...tytAagebaDOGMgs

See this for processing times. You arent eligible for an IR-1 unless you have been married over 2 years. So your choices are:

a) k-1

B ) Cr-1

c) K-3

d) find out residency requirements, move to russia and do DCF

The k-1 is indeed the fastest in processing times, but perhaps your woman would feel better about spending time with you as your wife and thats why she mentioned it.

good luck on your first meeting and enjoy :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.