justashooter

a picture is worth a thousand words

250 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

You can't make general statements about a person character based on their environmental variables. It just doesn't make sense. Someone could come from witnessing rape, people being murdered and still grow up to becoming healthy minded. I find many people who came from WAR torn countries has higher ambitions that those who sit and relax in their living room eating donuts and watching TV all day. I am from a WAR torned country. In fact, I was born there. Does that make me illegit, and broken in all of my spirit?

Edited by Niels Bohr

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
You can't make general statements about a person character based on their environmental variables. It just doesn't make sense. Someone could come from witnessing rape, people being murdered and still grow up to becoming healthy minded. I find many people who came from WAR torn countries has higher ambitions that those who sit and relax in their living room eating donuts and watching TV all day.

sure i can, with a reasonable certainty. as a science fan you understand probability theory and the measureable effects of environmental influence on growing things. for example, if you raise a group of people for enough generations near the equator, and the melanin content of their skin will increase to protect the organ from radiative trauma (sunburn). physiology, psychology, psychiatry. these are all entwined one within another, and all subject to change due to external influence and changes within their shared balance.

on an entirely different topic, but since you made the point:

witness of traumatic event will usually leave the witness to the incident with some degree of PTSD directly correlated to the level of responsibility they felt, at the moment, that they had for the event. persons raised in USA, which has a higher standard of individual empowerment, will feel more responsibility for events they witness, since it is their "cultural inheritance" to feel enabled to "change the world" and those around them. asians, in contrast, raised in the remnants of an imperialistic society, will have a more fatalistic viewpoint gained by a lifetime of domination, and thereby less sense of responsibility.

so the shrink still hasn't answered.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
You can't make general statements about a person character based on their environmental variables. It just doesn't make sense. Someone could come from witnessing rape, people being murdered and still grow up to becoming healthy minded. I find many people who came from WAR torn countries has higher ambitions that those who sit and relax in their living room eating donuts and watching TV all day.

sure i can, with a reasonable certainty. as a science fan you understand probability theory and the measureable effects of environmental influence on growing things. for example, if you raise a group of people for enough generations near the equator, and the melanin content of their skin will increase to protect the organ from radiative trauma (sunburn). physiology, psychology, psychiatry. these are all entwined one within another, and all subject to change due to external influence and changes within their shared balance.

on an entirely different topic, but since you made the point:

witness of traumatic event will usually leave the witness to the incident with some degree of PTSD directly correlated to the level of responsibility they felt, at the moment, that they had for the event. persons raised in USA, which has a higher standard of individual empowerment, will feel more responsibility for events they witness, since it is their "cultural inheritance" to feel enabled to "change the world" and those around them. asians, in contrast, raised in the remnants of an imperialistic society, will have a more fatalistic viewpoint gained by a lifetime of domination, and thereby less sense of responsibility.

so the shrink still hasn't answered.

You know what I find hilarious - that you won't speculate on an article about a story involving a dispute between hospital workers and the removal of a flag where there is at least a (limited) account of the events in question, yet you'll happily engage in rampant speculation about President Obama's character based on nothing more than nudge-nudge wink-wink innuendo about his family background and upbringing.

In other words - you're talking out of your brown eye.

Again!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

As a matter of fact, a high number of Chinese professors who migrated to the US to teach at the University levels grew up during the Mao Xidong communist rule. He was a ruthless dictator. You can interview any number of them about what they seen done to their parents and grandparents! All these professors are in MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Brown, Dartmouth, Amherst, etc...They are everywhere.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

i dont get it
Bush and Reagan doing Man's Work

Obama doing Womans Wuss' Work

fixxored :rofl:

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Timeline
You know what I find hilarious - that you won't speculate on an article about a story involving a dispute between hospital workers and the removal of a flag where there is at least a (limited) account of the events in question, yet you'll happily engage in rampant speculation about President Obama's character based on nothing more than nudge-nudge wink-wink innuendo about his family background and upbringing.

In other words - you're talking out of your brown eye.

Again!

in the case of the hospital incident, there is not enough information upon which to formulate and opinion. to do so without such would be presumptious. in the case of mr obama, we have a large amount of information on which to base assumptions, thereby a high probability of accurate analysis.

we have everything the obama campaign put out in the campaign. we have the book written before the campaign (been done before, most notably by eisenhower and roosevelt), we have the thousands of hours of television interviews and speaches. we have the list of promises made during the campaign, and broken since. we have the evidence of the choices made by the pres-elect, and since the inauguration. we have the recent pandering in choice of a supreme court nominee as confirmation.

more importantly, we have a list of "taboo topics" about which there is no information. it begins with the birth certificate scandal. it includes the higher education records, which may be related. the passport records, which may be related. the family relationships in a country in which obama's family is direclty responsible for genocide. the graft and corruption related to resko and other persons in chicago. the purchase of a chicago home for half of market value on the same day in which resko paid triple market value for the adjacent lot from the same seller. and what about gov blago? he has been awfully silent lately, hasn't he. well, secrets are best kept by dead men, but silent men will do, especially if you have federal charges hanging over their head.

most importantly, we have seen this guy under the close scrutiny of the camera. any decent psychologist who understands body language knows he is a pretty good liar, but a liar nonetheless. a wounded child who wants to make sure "they're never gonna leave me again", and is willing to do anything to make sure that doesn't happen. everybody gets their piece of the pie, so everybody needs obammy. he's a good boy and does what they want, so nobody leaves him ever again.

as for yoru fascination with scatology, well, keep that to yourself. there are medications that can relieve the urges, so you should see your doctor ASAP

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
And all this speculation qualifies you to diagnose the president's psychosis and problems? :rolleyes:

I know. Hilarious isn't it.

I thought he was just trying to be a troll, but now i'm starting to think that he's actually being serious about this. :rofl:

Timeline
As a matter of fact, a high number of Chinese professors who migrated to the US to teach at the University levels grew up during the Mao Xidong communist rule. He was a ruthless dictator. You can interview any number of them about what they seen done to their parents and grandparents! All these professors are in MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Brown, Dartmouth, Amherst, etc...They are everywhere.

i know many chinese who lived through the cultural revolution. you will remember that i have lived in china for several years, and have chinese family. i understand that mao gets credit for 35 million deaths, mostly of chinese. i understand that people in china today have mixed feelings about mao, who is at once venerated ad abhorred. he took an undeveloped nation and brought it into the industrial age, but the people paid a high cost. only in china could this have happened, as only the chinese can carry such a burden.

i also know koreans who lived through the separation of the north and south. one woman i know particularly well. she has a penchant for killing baby rabbits in the garden with a shovel and showing the carcasses to their "mother" to scare it away. 杀鸡给猴看 (kill the chicken to show the monkey).

Timeline
And all this speculation qualifies you to diagnose the president's psychosis and problems? :rolleyes:

I thought he was just trying to be a troll, but now i'm starting to think that he's actually being serious about this. :rofl:

he is serious as the day is long and getting longer.

Shooter, do you believe a woman could make as good a president as a man?

depends upon the woman and the man.

the best president would be disspassionate about the role, and take it as aresponsibility, rather than a prize. this principle demonstrates the problem with the sotomayor nomination, as well.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

he is serious as the day is long and getting longer.

Shooter, do you believe a woman could make as good a president as a man?

depends upon the woman and the man.

the best president would be disspassionate about the role, and take it as aresponsibility, rather than a prize. this principle demonstrates the problem with the sotomayor nomination, as well.

So you're a failed troll, a failed diagnostician and a failed analyst. None of which you are qualified to do. But all of which is good comedic relief. Keep up the good work, we could all use a good laugh these days :thumbs: