Amoon

God be with Us

120 posts in this topic

Isn't it good to know that God never makes a mistake? :)

Good morning all, hope all is feeling better. I do know this immigration journey takes its toll, for me , I feel like he has forgotten me, but his plan will be told to me when he knows its time. Its what I've been believing the past couple of days.

For he has my life written somewhere and knows the paths I will take with his guidance. I only wish I could read my book.

No dis-respect meant.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think we would all want to know these things, Paris. But if we knew them, then we would not need God. But keep asking Him to reveal the things you should know. Mainly, ask for direction. Develop a strong belief system that is based on God's word. That way you will not become easily deceived.

I do indeed hope everyone is feeling more peaceful. I have been praying for everyone who came in here, and will continue to do so.

Edited by Nagishkaw

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

I think we would all want to know these things, Paris. But if we knew them, then we would not need God. But keep asking Him to reveal the things you should know. Mainly, ask for direction. Develop a strong belief system that is based on God's word. That way you will not become easily deceived.

I do indeed hope everyone is feeling more peaceful. I have been praying for everyone who came in here, and will continue to do so.

Good morning all, may God bless us today and give us guidance, security, and well being. As he always walks with us on any journey we take in life.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know that now Adam is here and looking back on the years and times we waited, It was worth the wait bcz I had to totally depend on God and put my faith in Him in His will and timing. If it had been my timing, my plan was to go in 2007 for the first trip, however Gods timing brought about situations in Adams life that had me to go to him in 2006. And because I went in 2006 I was able to marry him. Had I went in 2007 like I had planned, the Embassy wasnt allowing Americans and Egyptians to get married over there, so that would have been a bigger delay in the timing of everything else.

And had I had my way, it wouldnt have taken as long as it did for Adams visa process to get out of Egypt, however with Gods timing and Him keeping Adam safe, by the time Adam came over here and we had our AOS process we had been married over 2 yrs so we were able to get the 10yr greencard. In my timing, Adam would have come sooner but we wouldnt have been married over 2 yrs so we would still be dealing with the government and process. Im learning that Gods way and timing is not my ways and timing. So, Im learning to trust in Him more, pray more and put my faith more in Him! (L) -Tamara

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

That's right Tamara...you know its hard to understand sometimes why things are happening the way they do...you think...geez why can't it just go like this. But I know most of you probably have already seen, like Tamara said, that if it would have went the way we wanted it to our life would probably be a huge mess! But when we let go & let God (even if it seems like there is no way that it will work) we can watch God's plan unveil in front of our eyes and see that it really is the Master plan...of course He knows what He is doing!! He had our future planned before we were born!

Ok, quick question...well maybe it isn't that quick...it may be opening a can of worms, but sometimes having a Muslim husband can do that! In your opinion, since there is only one God (and as I seem to understand it so far, Muslims believe that the Bible is the beginning of the Word, but leaves the end parts out....Mohammad??? correct me if I'm wrong). So does that essentially mean we serve the same God? I know, as my husband says, they believe in Jesus but as a prophet only, not the son of God. So does Allah=God (Christian)? Is it wrong for a Christian to say Inshallah?

Discuss..I'm interested to see what others think... :) But no fighting!

Just my two cents...

Nothing wrong with a Christian saying "God willing" (Insha'allah). Many of our Christian Jordanian and Egyptian friends say it here and overseas.

Yes, I agree with this. So same thing goes for bismillah & mash'allah? What is the cutoff or is there one???

Timeline
Just my two cents...

Nothing wrong with a Christian saying "God willing" (Insha'allah). Many of our Christian Jordanian and Egyptian friends say it here and overseas.

Yes, I agree with this. So same thing goes for bismillah & mash'allah? What is the cutoff or is there one???

I perceive Insha'allah to be a culture thing. Christians and Muslims say it in the Mid East as normal as we say God bless you when some one sneezes here. As American Christians we didnt grow up saying Inshaallah, but we would say, If its Gods will or Gods will be done. Means the same thing, but its just said differently over here.

Filed: Timeline
Just my two cents...

I think its just as Tamara said...its cultural and its as comfortable as you feel with a "cutoff"...if that makes sense. :)

Hey Ladies...I am in need of some prayer tonight....I am having issuses with my sister, mom & dad....I feel in pieces tonight. My mom said maybe I should go to counseling...it is a super long story that I could go on and on about, but I will spare you. Please just pray for me.

Timeline
Hey Ladies...I am in need of some prayer tonight....I am having issuses with my sister, mom & dad....I feel in pieces tonight. My mom said maybe I should go to counseling...it is a super long story that I could go on and on about, but I will spare you. Please just pray for me.

I'll pray for you now Amanda. You pray too. When I pray when Im in need of help from God, He gives me a peace. Counseling professionally for me didnt work, but talking to godly ladies who prayed for me and who have experienced similiar circumstances helped me alot. Im praying for you tonight. (F)

Please include me in your prayers to remain faithful, and patient about our case ; I can't help feel depressed whenever i think about this immigration process :(

Pray without ceasing that's what i bleive in, nothing to hard or to great of a problem that God cannot solve. He is almighty, all powerful, faithful and He will never leave us, God is so good all the time and His ways are far better than all of ours; He will always make a way for everything and putting our trust in Him is what He wants;

I just do pray I will have the heart to trust more, to surrender everything in His name and to block all those "what ifs" and worries; God will never forsake us and He is greater than anyone in the world; And i know God in all His power will use someone as a way to give us our hearts desires.

God bless us all

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Timeline
Please include me in your prayers to remain faithful, and patient about our case ; I can't help feel depressed whenever i think about this immigration process :(

Pray without ceasing that's what i bleive in, nothing to hard or to great of a problem that God cannot solve. He is almighty, all powerful, faithful and He will never leave us, God is so good all the time and His ways are far better than all of ours; He will always make a way for everything and putting our trust in Him is what He wants;

I just do pray I will have the heart to trust more, to surrender everything in His name and to block all those "what ifs" and worries; God will never forsake us and He is greater than anyone in the world; And i know God in all His power will use someone as a way to give us our hearts desires.

God bless us all

I will pray for you too! The visa process was a test of faith and a test of our commitment of prayer to God. After the visa process, the tests dont stop. Always be faithful! God be with you! (F)

Ok, quick question...well maybe it isn't that quick...it may be opening a can of worms, but sometimes having a Muslim husband can do that! In your opinion, since there is only one God (and as I seem to understand it so far, Muslims believe that the Bible is the beginning of the Word, but leaves the end parts out....Mohammad??? correct me if I'm wrong). So does that essentially mean we serve the same God? I know, as my husband says, they believe in Jesus but as a prophet only, not the son of God. So does Allah=God (Christian)? Is it wrong for a Christian to say Inshallah?

Discuss..I'm interested to see what others think... :) But no fighting!

I say InshAllah all of the time. Does it have a spiritual meaning? Of course it does. It also has a cultural meaning so when I say within the context of my Egyptian/Muslim/Christian relationships there is no mistake about what I mean. Sometimes I even say, "Inshallah (God willing) - not to be confused with fil mish-mish (in your dreams)," meaning I want it done and I want it done NOW. They giggle but they know what I mean and it gets done.

I've had the Christian/Muslim debate started with me many times. It never gets very far.

Why? When I ask how many Gods there are, the answer is always one. I, of course, agree. Then I always ask if they believe "InshAllah," and they always do. Well, if it's really all God's will, how can there be a doubt God meant for there to be Christians? I only do this from the standpoint of my belief, that being God gives us what we need. God believes I need to be Catholic. If God changes His mind, I won't be Catholic anymore and I'll be something else. It's that simple.

So, in my head anyway, Allah is the Arabic word for God and since there's only one God, we're all talking about the same ONE God.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.