metinchile

Is there a way to obtain police clearance from multiple countires at once?

5 posts in this topic

:bonk: I AM AT THE POINT OF CALLING IT QUITS on our paper work for a US Visa and even keeping my US Citizenship!!!!!! As a missionary my money tree diesd a long time ago!! Our final destination is Burma but we thought it would be nice for my wife to have a US passport to help ease our international travel in the future.

I KNOW I NEED TO GET POLICE CLEARANCE FROM EVERY COUNTRY THAT MY WIFE HAS TRAVELED TO SINCE OVER THE AGE OF 16.

For my wife who was a Nanny for a diplomatic family before we married that would mean she needs to acquire clearance from: Burma, Philippines, Chile, Malaysia, and Vietnam.

FYI My wife has been in all these countries for at least 6 months.

My question is: Is there a flow chat created or a data base that posts general information on this website with the following information: cost / average wait time / need to request in person.

Since this seems like a common question.

It may help those in the future as well

Hello,

I understand your frustration, but please do not give up due to the obstacles that we have to face in order to be together with the ones we love. I do not know your answer extensively, whether one multi police report is possible, BUT I do know that there are countries that require much more time than others - such as the T (terrorist) countries of MENA (Middle East and North Africa) as well as South Asia such as Pakistan. For the countries you mentioned, they are on the other side of the Asian belt and typically I have not see too long wait times for those that apply from the region that have traveled to at least 2 out of three of those countries. During my visa journey my husband got a new passport because of address error and it didn't show the visa of our honeymoon trip although we had pics from the place and we already mentioned on additional questionnare that we went there. I e-mailed the embassy, and wrote a note with packet 4 explained what happened. I believe if you contact the embassy, with e-mail and fax, and also adding a note to anything else you have left to send before the interview, the police report can be done smoothly as they will have an idea of why she traveled to those places and not suspect anything of her. As I said I have seen pretty fast speed for females from that region of Asia so you need not worry too much even if there is no multiple clearance available but as the embassy is also looking to clear cases out of their embassy they may employ the method to do this, or may even have the policy to do so in cases where it is a female (no need to suspect terrist activity) and the reason for travel is known to the embass prior to the completing of the police clearance. You should contact them asap with an explanation, it could make a difference for you.

God bless,

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

That's an excellent question and given her specific background I can see how this seems like a daunting task.

The first thing to check would be if police certificates are even available to former residents of the countries listed. I believe DOS has a page dedicated to countries that will NOT furnish police certificates and they are ok with it [i'd be very, very curious about Burma and the junta and all that].

Maybe a place to start would be the local embassies/consulates for the former countries of residence where you are located. A quick email may resolve your questions in some cases.

Also, check out the portals above - there should be info available there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hello,

I understand your frustration, but please do not give up due to the obstacles that we have to face in order to be together with the ones we love. I do not know your answer extensively, whether one multi police report is possible, BUT I do know that there are countries that require much more time than others - such as the T (terrorist) countries of MENA (Middle East and North Africa) as well as South Asia such as Pakistan. For the countries you mentioned, they are on the other side of the Asian belt and typically I have not see too long wait times for those that apply from the region that have traveled to at least 2 out of three of those countries. During my visa journey my husband got a new passport because of address error and it didn't show the visa of our honeymoon trip although we had pics from the place and we already mentioned on additional questionnare that we went there. I e-mailed the embassy, and wrote a note with packet 4 explained what happened. I believe if you contact the embassy, with e-mail and fax, and also adding a note to anything else you have left to send before the interview, the police report can be done smoothly as they will have an idea of why she traveled to those places and not suspect anything of her. As I said I have seen pretty fast speed for females from that region of Asia so you need not worry too much even if there is no multiple clearance available but as the embassy is also looking to clear cases out of their embassy they may employ the method to do this, or may even have the policy to do so in cases where it is a female (no need to suspect terrist activity) and the reason for travel is known to the embass prior to the completing of the police clearance. You should contact them asap with an explanation, it could make a difference for you.

God bless,

Tam

The police report is not done by the consulate, it is obtained by the beneficiary/applicant. A note to the embassy would not help the OP in this case.

I know that the police certificates in Vietnam are obtained at the city hall/municpal government building where the person resided. As your wife was working with a diplomatic family I guess that would be city hall in Hanoi or HCMC.

I recall seeing the list that milo referenced about police clearances.

Best of luck.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Hello,

God bless,

Tam

The police report is not done by the consulate, it is obtained by the beneficiary/applicant. A note to the embassy would not help the OP in this case.

I know that the police certificates in Vietnam are obtained at the city hall/municpal government building where the person resided. As your wife was working with a diplomatic family I guess that would be city hall in Hanoi or HCMC.

I recall seeing the list that milo referenced about police clearances.

Best of luck.

I apologize I had security checks in my head - of coarse the Police reports must be done by the applicant. In that case, Anh map's information is crucial. I hope that you get more input about the other countries where she has been.

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.