100% Al Ahly Fan

Police certificates

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey all. Just wondering about the police certificate. What is it exactly? My husband has lived in Egypt, Pakistan, USA and back to Egypt since he was 16. Will he be required to get this? Also, where and how much? Why do they need it? Thanks everyone!!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

He will need a police certificate from every country he has lived in since the age of 16 for 6 months or more.

It is basically a report that says that he has no criminal record.

He will only need a police certificate from Egypt and Pakistan. For the US portion they will just do a background check.

No clue about the costs :P

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline
He will need a police certificate from every country he has lived in since the age of 16 for 6 months or more.

It is basically a report that says that he has no criminal record.

He will only need a police certificate from Egypt and Pakistan. For the US portion they will just do a background check.

No clue about the costs :P

Thanks Zee Bee!!

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline

I don't want to scare you ? but when it comes to Pakistan its kinda a problem .

They will ask him about that ? and maybe they will put him in long AP ( I hope they will not )

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

Mohamed

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

well actually if he didnt mention that he been lived in pakistan that would be good and he can go on only for egyptian police certificate which is good ... pakistan is kinda hard as far as i know ... wish u good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
well actually if he didnt mention that he been lived in pakistan that would be good and he can go on only for egyptian police certificate which is good ... pakistan is kinda hard as far as i know ... wish u good luck

also check this site it may be helpful http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3644.html

Timeline

Just wondering?? Do these police certificates expire?

Timeline

the police certificate is valid for 3 months.

Well talking about ''if he didn't mention that he been lived in Pakistan that would be good'' Don't ever listen to that .

they will find out that he was living in Pakistan and then they might deny him cause he lied . be honest don't ever never lie to them . cause they will find out whatever they want to know.

Good luck (F)

Mohamed

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Well talking about ''if he didn't mention that he been lived in Pakistan that would be good'' Don't ever listen to that .

they will find out that he was living in Pakistan and then they might deny him cause he lied . be honest don't ever never lie to them . cause they will find out whatever they want to know.

Good luck (F)

Mohamed

Shookran gazeelan ya Mohamed and thanks for the advice. We were never planning on lying anyways. We have nothing to hide, even if it means we have to wait in AP (argh, inshaAllah that won't happen and if it does it won't be long). So you said 3 months for the police certificates? Is that just Egypt or all countries? I am wondering if I should have my hubby work on the one from Pakistan now or wait. I know in Cairo he can get it same day or within a few days. Also Mohamed, did you get your birth paper translated as well?? Thanks again.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi,

Your Egyptian police records are valid for 3 months , ( You can get them same day or next day ) don't know about Pakistan . you need to translate your police records and birth certificate ( you can translate your birth certificate either at the ministry of health which will cost 7 pounds or any recognized office ( they are listed at the embassy website ) .

every case is different , he needs a good reason to show them why he lived in Pakistan , if he convinces them , your AP will be short , inshallah . God bless you . Have a safe journey inshallah

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

No need to have police certificate translated. That is reviewed by the Consular staff in Cairo, where they have PLENTY of arabic speaking staff.... and you do not need it again here in the states (you WILL need the translated Birth Certificate again here in the USA) so no need to have it translated. It is not requested by the papers from the Consulate (in packet #3) , nor required, unless there has been a recent change of policy/procedure.

Timeline

Good luck (F)

Mohamed

Shookran gazeelan ya Mohamed and thanks for the advice. We were never planning on lying anyways. We have nothing to hide, even if it means we have to wait in AP (argh, inshaAllah that won't happen and if it does it won't be long). So you said 3 months for the police certificates? Is that just Egypt or all countries? I am wondering if I should have my hubby work on the one from Pakistan now or wait. I know in Cairo he can get it same day or within a few days. Also Mohamed, did you get your birth paper translated as well?? Thanks again.

You are more than welcome .

Yeah thats the right thing. don't ever lie to them cause they will find out . they are that smart and they have a huge stuff working for them .

I really don't know about the other countries . here in Egypt its valid for 3 months .( he can call Pakistan embassy and ask them about that )

I did not translate any of my papers ( i called the embassy after i got the packet 3 and i asked them if i had to translate my birth certificate ,the army certificate , the police record they said no ) but anyway he will have to translate his birth certificate when he will move to USA so maybe its cheaper to get it done in Egypt .

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

I forgot to say something :-

:thumbs::thumbs::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:Zamalek :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::thumbs::thumbs:

zamaalik1fu1.gif

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Edited by Hot Guy

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

LOL, I laughed so hard when I saw this!!!!! That's my sister in law's team! :P

Ah Ahly is still the best!

221602360.gif

Edited by 100% Al Ahly Fan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.