w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Obama nominates racist to Supreme Court - she believes Hispanics are better than white people

177 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Only objections I may have is that Sonia Sotomayor is a hell of a name to memorize if having to take the civil test for immigration.

Another objection may be a scary person to look up to sitting up high on the bench.

090504_sotomayor_ap_163.jpg

Just looking at her, a 99 year prison sentence goes through my mind for swiping a cookie from the cookie jar.

The this whole supreme court thing is ridiculous and not in the minds of the founders of our country, back then, judges were just used to maintain order and fairness in the courts, not mind readers like today that try to guess what our founders had in mind when they wrote the constitution. And with a population of supposingly 350 million well educated people, just to five this supreme power to five guys, or gals in this case. Yes there are nine members of the supreme court, but the other four don't even count, it just takes five to interpret the law. And interpret the law is suppose to be their jobs, more like making the law with no feedback from citizens of this great or once great country.

So where is the balance of power with the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government when these judges are hand picked by the excutive and legislative branches, anyone with the slightest degree of logic knows we only have two branches of government, and in the last adminstration, actually only one, the executive branch. But actually the same thing today with only one party in control headed by just one guy, this isn't a demcracy, more like a dictatorship, sure the founders of this country are turning over in their graves.

In our old court system, the judge just kept order and fairness, a group of twelve peers with a unanimous decision determined the outcome, and unanimous it has to be, not just the opinions of five out of nine, a very slim majority.

Today, judges are determining the outcome more and more, even without a jury, and exactly what is a distinguished judge? Basically an attorney that was taught in a very skillful fashion how to distort the truth and to downright lie in the defense of a victim, or in short, liars.

In practice with our current legal system, you would be an idiot to hire an honest attorney, you will lose for sure, regardless, so you have to find the most crooked attorney you can if you want justice, but have to also be extremely careful, as he will also screw you, this is how our justice system is today.

Really think this country needs a major overhaul and is up to the citizens of this country to do that if you can separate them from their TV sets. Can't exactly say our founders were purest either, depending upon slavery to maintain their high positions. While George Washington did finally free his slaves, the rest didn't, power was still more important than justice for all.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

it's a sign of the impending apocalypse........a sotomayor on the supreme court :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Let me see, what did she say exactly?

That someone who has lived and experienced life will make a better decision than someone who has played video games all his life...

Makes sense to me.

She said video games? :blink:

Step back. What she is saying is not that latino women (whatever that actually means) are better than white males, but simply that in her opinion they are more likely to have acquired life skills that enrich the judicial process. Whether she is right or not, well, that's something else.

It's a racist thing to say. What if Scalia said white Americans were better equipped to rule on matters of law due to their heritage being the very civilizations from which our legal system originated....

Sotomayor is a racist, and according to TNR she's an idiot too.

Do we really need a racist version of Clarence Thomas?

I didn't catch any quote from your TNR link indicating anyone thought Sotomayor was a racist, nor was that the bend of the article... The final paragraph says it all in a nutshell:

"I haven't read enough of Sotomayor's opinions to have a confident sense of them, nor have I talked to enough of Sotomayor's detractors and supporters, to get a fully balanced picture of her strengths. It's possible that the former clerks and former prosecutors I talked to have an incomplete picture of her abilities. But they're not motivated by sour grapes or by ideological disagreement--they'd like the most intellectually powerful and politically effective liberal justice possible. And they think that Sotomayor, although personally and professionally impressive, may not meet that demanding standard. Given the stakes, the president should obviously satisfy himself that he has a complete picture before taking a gamble.

Jeffrey Rosen is the legal affairs editor at The New Republic."

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I grew inspiration to become an Engineer from wanting to develop video game hardware. I played so much video games. If she said that playing video games makes a person less capable of bright decisions, I hate her. Engineers plays so much video games even my professors at the University who won countless awards from DARPA, and the DoD.

Edited by Niels Bohr

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

ExposeObama.com:

Today President Barack Obama nominated Sonia Sotomayor to the U.S. Supreme Court to fill the seat of retiring Justice David Souter. If confirmed, Sotomayor would become the first Hispanic and third woman to serve on the High Court.

Sotomayor is a graduate of Princeton and obtained her law degree from Yale. She served in private practice and as Assistant District Attorney in New York County and was nominated to the Second Circuit federal Court of Appeals by President George H. W. Bush in 1991.

Despite 17 years on the bench, Sotomayor has never directly decided whether a law regulating abortion is constitutional. In Center for Reproductive Law & Policy v. Bush, she wrote an opinion that upheld the Mexico City Policy prohibiting federal funding of overseas abortions.

Sotomayor does not believe that the Second Amendment right to bear arms applies to individuals. While on a panel discussion at Duke Law School, she argued that the “Court of Appeals is where policy is made.” Judge Sotomayor has had 5 decisions reviewed by the U.S. Supreme Court, 3 of which have been reversed. She has carried 11 of 44 possible votes during those cases. In Knight v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue, Chief Justice Roberts stated that her method of reading the statute in question “flies in the face of the statutory language.”She has written in support of Affirmative Action, upheld the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, and in Amandola v. Town of Babylon, she wrote that denying use of a town hall annex for their worship services violated the First Amendment. She has written a book called “The International Judge,” which suggests that international law and policy should be considered in some court decisions.

Some have described her temperament on the bench as a “bully” and “abusive” to lawyers.

SAF:

BELLEVUE, WA – The nomination of Second Circuit Court Judge Sonia Sotomayor to replace retiring Justice David Souter on the U.S. Supreme Court is a slap at gun rights and the Second Amendment, the Second Amendment Foundation said today.

Judge Sotomayor, a New York native, ruled on a Second Circuit Appeals Court panel that the Second Amendment is not a fundamental right and does not apply to the states in the case of Maloney v. Cuomo. This ruling is in direct conflict with a Ninth Circuit Court ruling in the Nordyke v. King case in California that the Second Amendment is incorporated through the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

“While Democrats in Congress have been making great strides in the gun rights arena, refusing to consider a renewal of the Clinton gun ban, and offering overwhelming bipartisan support for legislation allowing citizens to carry firearms in national parks, President Obama just demonstrated that he prefers judges who oppose Second Amendment rights,” said SAF founder Alan M. Gottlieb.

Incorporation may be taken up by the high court during its next session beginning in October, because attorneys in the Maloney case plan to appeal in late June.

“If the Maloney appeal is accepted by the Supreme Court,” Gottlieb wondered, “would Justice Sotomayor – provided she is confirmed – recuse herself from deliberations?”

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Sotomayor does not believe that the Second Amendment right to bear arms applies to individuals.

Good for her :thumbs:

That is blasphemy AJ. We are to only use a literal definition of the 2nd ammendment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Sotomayor does not believe that the Second Amendment right to bear arms applies to individuals.

Good for her :thumbs:

because 911 will protect you, right?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

hmmm..do all hispanics judges hate gamers?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835