w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Obama nominates racist to Supreme Court - she believes Hispanics are better than white people

177 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Step back. What she is saying is not that latino women (whatever that actually means) are better than white males, but simply that in her opinion they are more likely to have acquired life skills that enrich the judicial process. Whether she is right or not, well, that's something else.

It's a racist thing to say. What if Scalia said white Americans were better equipped to rule on matters of law due to their heritage being the very civilizations from which our legal system originated....

Sotomayor is a racist, and according to TNR she's an idiot too.

Do we really need a racist version of Clarence Thomas?

Actually, that will be Robert C. Byrd, Obama's next choice. :whistle:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I think they might have to change the outfits at scotus now. Something more flattering.

Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist had racing stripes. The justices can pick their own chairs, and choose their own robes.

rehnquist.jpg

They do!!!

This was the NPR Wait Wait Don't Tell Me episode in which Justice Stephen Breyer was the guest, and he divulged that his robe was synthetic. Paula Poundstone ribbed him mercilessly for that. Quite funny.

Timeline
Harriet Myers was the worst Supreme Court nomination ever I think.

Robert Bork?

John Marshall?

Mmm.. .ok. Though both Miers and Bork were nominees who were never confirmed or appointed to the Court.

If we're going to list judges that were seated (such as Marshall) probably the most infamous would be Roger Taney, who handed down the infamous Dred Scott decision.

Oh, by the way, as a sop for constellation ---- Taney was also the first Catholic Justice to serve on the Court. :P

Oh, by the way, as a sop for constellation ---- Taney was also the first Catholic Justice to serve on the Court. :P

:bonk:

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Judge Sotomayor questioned the famous notion — often invoked by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and her retired Supreme Court colleague, Sandra Day O'Connor — that a wise old man and a wise old woman would reach the same conclusion when deciding cases.

"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life," said Judge Sotomayor.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/15/us/15judge.html

My wife is both white and Hispanic by definition " His·pan·ic (h¹-sp²n“¹k) adj. 1. Of or relating to Spain or Spanish-speaking Latin America. 2. Of or relating to a Spanish-speaking people or culture. --His·pan·ic n. 1. A Spanish-speaking person."

Does that mean I have to figure out if it's her Whiteness or her Hispanicness that I love? Anyway, a stupid comment for Sotomayor to make and not even politically correct.

Rosen's article has been pretty thoroughly debunked. Whatever Sotomayor is, she's hardly an idiot.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
I'm home now and finally saw Sotomayor on TV. She's a butterface but is way hotter than Ginsburg :lol:

OH GAWD! She is ugly :dead:

BOSCO sent me a pm, he agrees with *LEN* :devil:

:rofl: So that explains why almaty isn't posting... Bosco has him tied to a chair.

As long as we all agree that the only relevant criterion for a female Justice is how hot she looks :thumbs:

pfui on old bags like Sandra Day O'Connor, Ginsburg or Sotomayor. We need some HOTTIES on SCOTUS! :P