Sprailenes

Weird food combinations

73 posts in this topic

How 'bout mayonaise and french fries :unsure: YUCK!!!!! This is eaten in Germany

pretty common in the restaurants I worked at in Canada - nothing ike fresh, hot fries and a little ramekin of mayo to dip :)

Um..that is one of my faves, lol! Actually, I heard that chicken sauce from McDonald's really is just straight up mayo, so for those of you that use it on your fries, apparently there is no secret ingredient.

:lol:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Cat's sandwich thread got me thinking about this.

So is there any odd food combinations that you enjoy? Anything that makes another person do a double take but you insist that it's awesome??

I have a few and they are...

Canned tuna, rice and lemon pepper:

its awesome and my favorite thing to eat but it grosses my husband out every time I eat it.

Pretzels and cream cheese:

Also very yummy but most people give me weird stares when I eat it.

Toast dipped in tomato juice:

If I order toast in a restaurant I usually dip it in tomato juice. It's really good.

bacon and peanut butter:

I don't eat bacon very often but when I do I like to put peanut butter on it. But I have heard this is quite common.

Maybe we'll find others who enjoy the same thing we do and learn that we're not so uncommon after all. :P

french fries and brown gravy... it's still a potato :star:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Do you know what else is gross?? And there, all the Canadians are going to yell at me but I'm taking the risk :P

It's the brown sauce they give you at Swiss Chalet. That kind of tea sauce or I can't even define the taste of it. That doesn't taste good :):):)

But somehow I've never met one Canadian that doesn't like it

YEAH...finally someone agrees with me...I think that sauce they give you is absolutely disgusting! So now you know a Canada that doesn't like it!! LOL

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I almost forgot this one. It's not a combo but its gross...

We used to live near the China town in the Gerrard area of T.O when I was a kid and I'd ask for these freeze dried shrimp in a can and eat them like chips. My mom used to ask me how I could eat them.

I remember at school once one of the kids let me try some and I loved it so I started getting it too.

Now that I look back on it I can see how it would be gross.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

Bermudians tend to mash mayo and relish into beef pies (the kind that is basically beef stew in a pie crust). It looks absolutely vile but tastes really good.

~ Catherine

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Do you know what else is gross?? And there, all the Canadians are going to yell at me but I'm taking the risk :P

It's the brown sauce they give you at Swiss Chalet. That kind of tea sauce or I can't even define the taste of it. That doesn't taste good :):):)

But somehow I've never met one Canadian that doesn't like it

YEAH...finally someone agrees with me...I think that sauce they give you is absolutely disgusting! So now you know a Canada that doesn't like it!! LOL

THANK YOU WIS-CAN!!!!

What is the taste of the Swiss Chalet sauce?

It's like a moldy vinegarish-bbqish faded taste.

I try each time i go there but I cant define the taste and its so gross it makes me want to leave right away :)

I like their quesadilla though.

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Oh maybe!!

THere is some kind of "tea" after taste...

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We used to live near the China town in the Gerrard area of T.O when I was a kid and I'd ask for these freeze dried shrimp in a can and eat them like chips. My mom used to ask me how I could eat them.

I remember at school once one of the kids let me try some and I loved it so I started getting it too.

I used to eat that at work here. They would smell up the fridge from time to time though. I can get them at the oriental grocery store nearby. Another is the dried squid which I loved until they stopped selling the kind I liked with the spicy dipping sauce. The shrimp though were really too salty.

One thing I've been wanting is fried scorpians. Though nowhere locally that I know of sells them. I know the Sience Musuem here has dried crickets, grasshoppers and meal worms you can eat in the gift shop. Those were actually good...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I used to eat that at work here. They would smell up the fridge from time to time though. I can get them at the oriental grocery store nearby. Another is the dried squid which I loved until they stopped selling the kind I liked with the spicy dipping sauce. The shrimp though were really too salty.

One thing I've been wanting is fried scorpians. Though nowhere locally that I know of sells them. I know the Sience Musuem here has dried crickets, grasshoppers and meal worms you can eat in the gift shop. Those were actually good...

I consider myself to be pretty adventurous with my food, and even I find that nasty!!!!

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I consider myself to be pretty adventurous with my food, and even I find that nasty!!!!

LoL, you better not go to a street market in China :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.