179 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Visa arrived this morning...... WOOO HOOOOO

Off on the 26th, just got to think about packing all my stuff up and being ruthless as to what to take with me!!!

I will let you know how my POE experience goes just so you know what to expect when you arrive, and anything that I get upto when I am getting settled., ie. SSN, Driving Licence, Bank etc...

Good Luck to you all

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

thats great news wildcat.! im chuffed to bits for you mate :D

keep us all posted and have a safe trip.! im sure you'll have no probs at POE.. congrats again.! :dance:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this info! I see you had your wife with you - did you have to notify the embassy in advance of this? My hubbie will be with me and I'm not sure if and how I need to notify the embassy.

I did, I called them (in London) and they gave me the email code and told me to email them asking. In the email, I explained that she was in London and would like to accompany me. After a few days I got a reply stating that she had been added to the access list and requested that she brought her passport. I took a printout of the email with me as well as my letter, this helped as the initial inspectors outside didn't have the proper list with them (I think they only had the tourist visa list). The phone staff in London seemed very helpful and friendly.

Thanks for this info! I see you had your wife with you - did you have to notify the embassy in advance of this? My hubbie will be with me and I'm not sure if and how I need to notify the embassy.

I did, I called them (in London) and they gave me the email code and told me to email them asking. In the email, I explained that she was in London and would like to accompany me. After a few days I got a reply stating that she had been added to the access list and requested that she brought her passport. I took a printout of the email with me as well as my letter, this helped as the initial inspectors outside didn't have the proper list with them (I think they only had the tourist visa list). The phone staff in London seemed very helpful and friendly.

Thanks BobbeD for asking this question and to graham_ni for the answer. Hubby will be coming with me in July to my interview and now I know what to do! :star:

Thanks again!

ROC Journey
08-17-11......ROC Package mailed to VSC. I can't believe 2 years have passed by already!!
08-20-11......Package received at VSC, signed for by D. Reynaud.
08-24-11......Check cashed
08-26-11......NOA1 received, dated 8/22/11
08-10-11......Biometrics notification - appointment on 09-21-2011
09-21-11......Biometrics in Charleston, WV.
06-06-12......I-751 Approved AT LAST!!!
06-18-12......10 Year green card arrived.
Citizenship Journey
07-16-12......N400 Application mailed (Lewisville).
07-25-12......Check cashed and acceptance text received.
08-10-12......Biometrics in Charleston, WV.
09-01-12......Interview letter received.
10-05-12......Interview scheduled in Norfolk VA.

04-25-13......Oath Ceremony - Roanoke, VA - US Citizen at last!!

Hi there,

New to forum and new filer. Wife and I sent off the i-130 on Monday (15th) this week. We've actually been married since May 4th but due to work comittments and the like, were not on top of the paperwork, so there's almost 6 weeks we're behind.

-NWS

USCIS & NVC

05-04-09 - Married

09-05-09 - I130 Approved (CSC)

12-09-09 - Case Completed (NVC)

01-08-10 - Approved (LND)

01-20-10 - PoE PHL

I-751

01-10-12 - Filed I-751, VT Service Center

01-17-12 - NOA1

02-08-12 - Biometrics at Alexandria, Va

10-04-12 - RFE

11-16-12 - Sent additional evidence (5.5lbs of evidence!)

12-04-12 - Approved

12-10-12 - Card arrived

Welcome aboard NWS. It'll be an interesting and long few months but we're here to help if you've got questions!

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

We were a bit daunted initially about doing it ourselves and I spoke to a lawyer in Tampa who turned out to know not a lot about the system and pointed me to K3, and he was a member of AILA. Very disappointed and after some more research decided we would do it ourselves. I'm from Ballymena over in N. Ireland, and we're notorious for not spending money we don't have to!

USCIS & NVC

05-04-09 - Married

09-05-09 - I130 Approved (CSC)

12-09-09 - Case Completed (NVC)

01-08-10 - Approved (LND)

01-20-10 - PoE PHL

I-751

01-10-12 - Filed I-751, VT Service Center

01-17-12 - NOA1

02-08-12 - Biometrics at Alexandria, Va

10-04-12 - RFE

11-16-12 - Sent additional evidence (5.5lbs of evidence!)

12-04-12 - Approved

12-10-12 - Card arrived

We were a bit daunted initially about doing it ourselves and I spoke to a lawyer in Tampa who turned out to know not a lot about the system and pointed me to K3, and he was a member of AILA. Very disappointed and after some more research decided we would do it ourselves. I'm from Ballymena over in N. Ireland, and we're notorious for not spending money we don't have to!

Yep lawyers usually end up doing more harm than good (unless there's something complicated about your case). You can totally do it on your own. You've got some waiting ahead of you so start reading up on the process at NVC and you'll be a pro by time it rolls around. Plus it helps keep from going crazy while waiting to hear something :)

Naturalization

DONE!

Timeline

i went to get my jabs y/day before my medical in a few weeks.! after explaing to the nurse why i needed them and directing her to the embassy website so she could check as she really wasn't sure what to give me even tho i had made a list..lol

she finally agreed to give me hep A+B and the diphtheria,polio and tetanus, i have to go back in a month for my second hep B jab and my 3rd six moths after that in the states, the bit that bothered me is she refused to give me the influenza jabs as they only give them out around october to people over 65 and dont keep stocks, she said she would only give them to people younger than 65 if they had bad aztma an a couple of other things i cant remember???

she also said i couldnt get the MMR as i'd had it as a baby and a booster when i was 14 and they could only give it me twice.!

does anyone know if this is going to be a problem at the medical, will i have to pay the silly prices knightsbridge want for the injections???

I think it depends on how old you are. I remember reading in a UK medical thread that someone had gotten their last MMR booster more than ten years ago so she needed a new one. So i guess if you're 24+, then yes you will need it? I'm definitely not a doctor though so can't say for sure...

Just did a little CDC research here: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/measle...t-adult.htm#who and seems that you really can only get it twice. Maybe you'd get a waiver for that then? I'd call Knightsbridge and see if someone there can tell you.

Edited by imaisha

Naturalization

DONE!

Just got my interview date via email: August 4th 8am!!!

Totally was not expecting it! Thought at best I could start bugging them at the end of next week.

They gave me the whole spiel about waiting til the second week of next month of course though I knew it might be sooner.

I never thought I'd get it just two days after my case completed though!

Funny thing is my K-3 still hasn't been scheduled yet! Definitely not a time saver...

Naturalization

DONE!

Totally was not expecting it! Thought at best I could start bugging them at the end of next week.

They gave me the whole spiel about waiting til the second week of next month of course though I knew it might be sooner.

Funny thing is my K-3 still hasn't been scheduled yet! Definitely not a time saver...

Congratulations :dance::dance::dance:

ROC Journey
08-17-11......ROC Package mailed to VSC. I can't believe 2 years have passed by already!!
08-20-11......Package received at VSC, signed for by D. Reynaud.
08-24-11......Check cashed
08-26-11......NOA1 received, dated 8/22/11
08-10-11......Biometrics notification - appointment on 09-21-2011
09-21-11......Biometrics in Charleston, WV.
06-06-12......I-751 Approved AT LAST!!!
06-18-12......10 Year green card arrived.
Citizenship Journey
07-16-12......N400 Application mailed (Lewisville).
07-25-12......Check cashed and acceptance text received.
08-10-12......Biometrics in Charleston, WV.
09-01-12......Interview letter received.
10-05-12......Interview scheduled in Norfolk VA.

04-25-13......Oath Ceremony - Roanoke, VA - US Citizen at last!!

Timeline

WHOOP..!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Congrats imaisha.!

is there anyone still waiting on interview dates or have we all got them?

Thanks guys!!

We should have a little list of everyone's interview dates since we're almost getting into July. And we can put a little star next to the person's name when they've passed the interview! Maybe I'll compile that later today- definitely still too early but had to wake up to tell the hubby all about getting the date :)

Naturalization

DONE!

Ok so here's a little list of everyone who's posted in here. We've got a few exciting weeks ahead of us! Did I miss anyone?

:dance: Interviews:

6/30....Grapeeyes

7/1......BobbeD

7/14....aidy

7/29....TayRivers

7/31....dvrjwh

8/4......imaisha

;) In progress:

GodessGrrrl: Case complete, interview date yet?

blue123: Waiting on case complete

start a new life: Waiting on case complete

ArthurRoberta: NVC

NotworkSte: USCIS

Kamahoi424: USCIS

:star: All Done:

6/12...wildcat42539...Approved!...:star:....POE 6/26

6/12...graham_ni.......Approved!...:star:....POE ?

Naturalization

DONE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.