179 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
here's a question for those with cases completed at NVC already. i just found a post from last fall from another UK CR-1er here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2306880

they said their case was forwarded to the embassy after they got a case complete but before they got their interview date. i'm not sure if that's because they had been assigned an interview date and just didn't know or if it's because NVC really does send the case off to london once it's complete, even if it's still waiting on an interview date.

i ask because i've got a K-3 pending too so i'm going to try and flip that interview. if the case makes it to london in june rather than the end of july it'd be amazing!

so, does anyone know if their case was mailed off even if you haven't gotten the interview date yet?

i thought thats how it works? i was under the impression that the embassy recieved your case then issued you the interview date..

i called NVC yesterday, the automated sevice said they had recieved our case on the 26th and to give them 6-8 weeks :o I know they recieved it on the 19th but i guess they didnt put it in the system till the 26th... i am really hoping they dont drag their feet for 6 weeks and hurry getting our case to london.!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When I ask the NVC about the case going to london I was told that it will not be forwarded to london until a interview date has been asigned. I am hoping we will hear about a date next week.

i thought thats how it works? i was under the impression that the embassy recieved your case then issued you the interview date..

the embassy only assigns dates for K-1s and K-3s (at least in London that is). for CR/IR-1 cases NVC assigns the date.

so it looks like they'll hold onto the case until a date is available. darnit! but thanks TayRivers, i sorta figured it would turn out that way.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Timeline
When I ask the NVC about the case going to london I was told that it will not be forwarded to london until a interview date has been asigned. I am hoping we will hear about a date next week.

thats kinda killed all my hopes of spending our 1st anniversary together :(

i was kinda hoping even tho it was a slim chance i could be there for the 1st of august....

yeah i know the feeling- we're going to just miss our 1st anniversary too.

you might still make it in time if you get a case complete next week though. then interview assigned the second week hopefully for a july date. don't give up hope!

i'm not giving NVC any credit anymore though. i was so excited to be dealing with them and now they're just wasting my time. i think i must be the only person whose IV fee bill wasn't generated automatically after they accepted the DS-3032. 10-15 business days they tell me. ARGH.

Naturalization

DONE!

Timeline
yeah i know the feeling- we're going to just miss our 1st anniversary too.

you might still make it in time if you get a case complete next week though. then interview assigned the second week hopefully for a july date. don't give up hope!

i'm not giving NVC any credit anymore though. i was so excited to be dealing with them and now they're just wasting my time. i think i must be the only person whose IV fee bill wasn't generated automatically after they accepted the DS-3032. 10-15 business days they tell me. ARGH.

ok so now im feling a li'l down.! i've been comparing timelines and it looks like its at least four weeks for NVC to finish with the paperwork :(

Moved to CR1 forum.

Thanks.

Could a mod please move this thread back to the United Kingdom section? This thread was a means for UK CR-1 filers to find each other as the United Kingdom appears to have many many more K-1 filers and posts were frequently only to do with K-1 issues. This thread is specific to the United Kingdom region and it should stay in the regional section.

Naturalization

DONE!

i've PM'd the moderators, hopefully one of them will see it and move us back. it'd be such a great resource if our fellow CR-1 filers could find us in the UK section. i know i was lost reading through all those k-1 posts for months before this. in the mean time let's keep it going so the thread doesn't die while we're over here.

i've just paid the IV fee bill so they should be ready for our papers this week. i won't be getting an interview next week but good luck to everyone here who will be!

Naturalization

DONE!

i've PM'd the moderators, hopefully one of them will see it and move us back. it'd be such a great resource if our fellow CR-1 filers could find us in the UK section. i know i was lost reading through all those k-1 posts for months before this. in the mean time let's keep it going so the thread doesn't die while we're over here.

i've just paid the IV fee bill so they should be ready for our papers this week. i won't be getting an interview next week but good luck to everyone here who will be!

I agree, please move us back. I used to get very confused reading the UK thread as it seems the vast majority were K1's and their process is not the same. For UK CR1 filers coming up behind us it would be useful for them to see the information posted here.

ROC Journey
08-17-11......ROC Package mailed to VSC. I can't believe 2 years have passed by already!!
08-20-11......Package received at VSC, signed for by D. Reynaud.
08-24-11......Check cashed
08-26-11......NOA1 received, dated 8/22/11
08-10-11......Biometrics notification - appointment on 09-21-2011
09-21-11......Biometrics in Charleston, WV.
06-06-12......I-751 Approved AT LAST!!!
06-18-12......10 Year green card arrived.
Citizenship Journey
07-16-12......N400 Application mailed (Lewisville).
07-25-12......Check cashed and acceptance text received.
08-10-12......Biometrics in Charleston, WV.
09-01-12......Interview letter received.
10-05-12......Interview scheduled in Norfolk VA.

04-25-13......Oath Ceremony - Roanoke, VA - US Citizen at last!!

Timeline

Ooh, hopefully you'll get your interview soon! We have everything filed with the NVC. I called them this morning, and they said that the review takes 2-4 weeks, but that seems like longer than usual. I would LOVE it if we got an interview date in a week or two. I'm so tired of all this waiting.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just called NVC for a update, The officer I spoke to said they are about to assign interview dates for July and if I have not heard by Friday afternoon to call back then.

I am so excited!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.