newhampshire

Premium Processing Disparity

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

At the present, businesses (primarily corporations) are allowed to pay $1000 to have work visas approved in 15 days (guaranteed). From my research, I understand that the Vermont Service Center has approximately ten times the amount of premium accounts that other service centers do (while other service centers have about 30 accounts, the VSC had over 300). First, surely the 300 premium processing accounts for businesses take up a significant amount of staff time and resources that would otherwise be available to help ALL visa applicants, and not just businesses. Perhaps this is the reason the VSC is so backed up with other types of visa applications? Secondly, why is it that businesses are offered the opportunity to have their visa applications processed in two weeks, while other applicants have to wait months and years for processing? Businesses not only get two week processing, but they get a special telephone number and e-mail to contact the Vermont Service Center directly to check on the status of their applications, whereas other applicants have no access to the service centers, only a national toll-free line that provides no real information. Are businesses more important than citizens, families, and other legal immigrants? And if the explanation is that the $1000 fees add up to money for more staffing to process other visa applications, where is the money, where is the staff, and why is the process still so slow and so backlogged? Finally, why should anyone have to pay an extra $1000 to get the service they should get anyway (the service that the staff is paid to provide)? It’s obviously possible to process visa applications faster – so why are service centers choosing to process the majority of applications at an absurdly slow pace?

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Unless you have Corp or LLC after your name, nobody cares about you. Especially the government. These premium processed Visas are mostly for Indian "Software Engineers" who are needed to do business analysis and system design. Because there are not enough Americans willing to design software for 15K / year.

Edited by cmartyn

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Unless you have Corp or LLC after your name, nobody cares about you. Especially the government. These premium processed Visas are mostly for Indian "Software Engineers" who are needed to do business analysis and system design. Because there are not enough Americans willing to design software for 15K / year.

lol but true

K-1 visa timeline

May 23 06 Submitted I-129F to Vermont

June 19 06 Touched, States RFE mailed

June 23 06 Received I-129F RFE

June 24 06 Sent I-129F RFE

Nov 06 06 INTERVIEW

Nov 06 06 APPROVED

Nov 08 06 Visa in hand

Nov 17 06 to the U.S.

AOS Timeline

Feb. 14 '07 filed AOS,mailed I-485

Feb 23 '07 NOA1

Feb 27 '07 Bio appointment letter received

March 14 '07 Biometrics appointment

March 19 '07 application transferred to CSC

March 29 '07 case pending at CSC

May 19 '07 got appointment letter for 2nd Biometrics???

May 25' 07 received RFE for I-693 and immunization supplement...UUugggghh

Jun 1 '07 2nd biometrics appt.

June 9 '07 sent RFE back via USPS priority mail

June 12 '07 RFE received at Laguna Niguel

June 22 '07 received email saying CSC got our RFE and processing resumed on our case

July 7 '07another RFE for TB skin test

July 11 '07 sent RFE back

July 20 '07 case processing resumed per email from CRIS

July 24 '07 Email from CRIS...card production ordered!!

July 25 '07 received email saying letter welcoming new permanent resident was mailed

July 30 '07 GC in hand

Filed: Timeline

newhampshire,

A few observations:

- The USCIS SCs do not process visa applications of any kind, including work visas.

- The USCIS SCs do process many, many other kinds of applications other than visa petitions, and the visa petitions are a rather small percentage of the total volume.

- The VSC has for many years, up until the halt of processing to implement IMBRA, been the fastest of the SCs in processing I-129f petitions, although not so fast at processing I-130 petions and horrible at processing I-751 applications.

- In summary I don't think it can be deduced that having 300 premium processing accounts v 30 for other SCs significant affects the processing times for thousands, perhaps 10s of thousands, of other cases at the VSC.

As to why the VSC has so many more premium processing cases than other SCs, look at the nature of its service territory.

Yodrak

At the present, businesses (primarily corporations) are allowed to pay $1000 to have work visas approved in 15 days (guaranteed). From my research, I understand that the Vermont Service Center has approximately ten times the amount of premium accounts that other service centers do (while other service centers have about 30 accounts, the VSC had over 300). First, surely the 300 premium processing accounts for businesses take up a significant amount of staff time and resources that would otherwise be available to help ALL visa applicants, and not just businesses. Perhaps this is the reason the VSC is so backed up with other types of visa applications? Secondly, why is it that businesses are offered the opportunity to have their visa applications processed in two weeks, while other applicants have to wait months and years for processing? Businesses not only get two week processing, but they get a special telephone number and e-mail to contact the Vermont Service Center directly to check on the status of their applications, whereas other applicants have no access to the service centers, only a national toll-free line that provides no real information. Are businesses more important than citizens, families, and other legal immigrants? And if the explanation is that the $1000 fees add up to money for more staffing to process other visa applications, where is the money, where is the staff, and why is the process still so slow and so backlogged? Finally, why should anyone have to pay an extra $1000 to get the service they should get anyway (the service that the staff is paid to provide)? It's obviously possible to process visa applications faster – so why are service centers choosing to process the majority of applications at an absurdly slow pace?
Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Timeline

:thumbs:

shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just from a quick glance it appears that only Vermont and California are processing I-130's for spouses. You say it is the most back logged, but it is about a week ahead of California.

I say you just relax, this is a long tedious process, and you can't fight them, so just go with it. You will someday soon be reunited.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.