one...two...tree

Alright Constitutional Scholars...

327 posts in this topic

Entitlements? Nobody is entitled to anything! cut your own road!

Obama said we are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I prefer the rich to live a good life. After all my friend moved here and is making a good $350K, working for a bank. All while my father in law works for the US supervising ship building (grave yard shift), making 1/100th what he does and actually paying more tax than him. My friend also gets to claim accommodation, food etc as an exemption. Even my friend thinks this is ridiculous but he is not going to complain.

How can anyone call that fair or remotely sane? In the UK he would be paying close to 50% tax. As he rightfully should.

I know people here that ate earning a few million, yet paying less tax (as a percentage) than their local part-time store clerk, who is on a disgraceful $7 an hour.

Edited by Constellation

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say screw the poor. If they wanna be held down by a promise from the govament, they can have theryre monthly pay. That payday will be comin to a close soon. The government is broke! So goes theyre payday!

Edited by ={Rogue}=

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

I say screw the poor. If they wanna be held down by a promise from the govament, they can have theryre monthly pay. That payday will be comin to a close soon. The government is broke! So goes theyre payday!

baby jesus hates you because you suck, makes him cry. Are you special?

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

I say screw the poor. If they wanna be held down by a promise from the govament, they can have theryre monthly pay. That payday will be comin to a close soon.

Unless anyone of us here is secretly a billionaire, I think we need all of the help we can get. You think the rich give a sh-t about the country? They only care about their pockets and lifestyle. The second they lose this advantage or see a better one, they while jump ship, as they have done for centuries.

As McCain said, Country First! Which means people and the actual (physical) country. I support any politician that stands for that, much in the same way my conservative buds have done so in Aus and built a phenomenal country using the resources of big government and private industry. Anyone who enjoys seeing Ghettos in their own country is a disgrace to their country and themselves.

Edited by Constellation

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/01/22/taxes-hom...tate_table.html

My county is 146.

So Gary, under the federal system we have back in AUS. I pay no (ZERO): state income tax, county tax, property tax, even zero personal property tax.

Just a federal income tax and a 10% federal GST (tax) on every goods and services. The federal income tax rate is on par with the US. Yet look at what we get in return. Even our states receive more money due to less red tape and tax loopholes. Eg, buying something in another state.

Look at the taxes some of the top 100 counties pay here. They're not exactly winning any awards. County system is just to inefficient and a waste of money. But if we follow the constitution, we cannot dare have progress we need to stick to what worked in the 1700 yet is failing now.

Edited by Constellation

Need more even more proof?

Education performance: County system (constitutionally protected) vs State / Feeeeederaaaaaal system.

back308_2.jpgback308_1.jpgback308_3.jpg

Federal! Federal! Federal! Federal!

The original federalist party should never have lost here.

If they were still around and had implement some of their ideas back then, America would have been a gun country. Gun as in highly successful. We wouldn't have Detroit and a sh-t load of other dead cities. We would have had high speed trains and never allowed any private companies to buy the rail and so on.

Edited by Constellation

Even more proof? Melbourne, AUS

Melbourne_Skyline_from_Rialto_Crop_-_Nov_2008.jpg

Melbourne_Docklands_-_Yarras_Edge_-_marina_panorama.jpg

Yarra_Night_Panorama,_Melbourne_-_Feb_2005.jpg

Detroit, US of AAAAAAA:

detroit-ghetto2.jpg

Edited by Constellation

Federalism is not doing too bad for itself. Unfortunately the same cannot me said about counties and states rights.

Don't exactly see Australians living in tents.

Actually I had everyone I know who ever hated on the US email me when those people living in tents in LA made the world news. Most of their comments where like, "Hey at least you still have rockets and jets. Too bad your people are living in poverty.". How should I respond to that? Unfortunately I couldn't use the go home comment.

Edited by Constellation

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I set the record straight in the first thread, Steven. I'm touched that you started this for me, but dismayed at how little you know about the Constitution and how intent you are on advertising your ignorance. This thread is evidence that the absense of teaching civics and government in public school has created a troublesome lack of knowledge among the citizenry. Yet, that may be by design . . . A populace that doesn't grasp the limits of its government is more easily seduced into accepting that it has no limits at all.

BW, if there's one thing I've learned in spite of my blatant ignorance of our beloved Constitution, is that there is no shortage here on VJ of experts and know-it-alls. I'm just a little peon among wannabes, trying to make sense of why so many here believe the Constitution and its understanding of it is there's exclusively.

Edited by Col. 'Bat' Guano

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post with personal insult removed. Personal insults are against TOS.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I set the record straight in the first thread, Steven. I'm touched that you started this for me, but dismayed at how little you know about the Constitution and how intent you are on advertising your ignorance. This thread is evidence that the absense of teaching civics and government in public school has created a troublesome lack of knowledge among the citizenry. Yet, that may be by design . . . A populace that doesn't grasp the limits of its government is more easily seduced into accepting that it has no limits at all.

BW, if there's one thing I've learned in spite of my blatant ignorance of our beloved Constitution, is that there is no shortage here on VJ of experts and know-it-alls. I'm just a little peon among wannabes, trying to make sense of why so many here believe the Constitution and its understanding of it is there's exclusively.

No exclusivity involved. Knowledge is available to everyone in this country. All you need to start is a library card, and that's free. Anyone objectively reading your posts can tell that you are out of your element re this topic. You don't know how much I wish that weren't true since you want so badly to debate with people who are debate-worthy. I do, too, but, oh, well. You can't always get what you want.