lovestevie

what happened to me at customs?! HORRIBLE situation

113 posts in this topic

As a fat,lazy,dumb American I really hope they give you a life time ban...if it wasn't for us dumb,fat.lazy Americans the WHOLE world would be speaking German, heck France prolly wouldn't be on the map any more. I hope when you leave they give you a full body cavity search and the man who does it has MONSTER sized finger!

PFFT arogant french!

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Bienvenue aux Etats Unis...

english only outside of the regional forums please.

Aww come on Charles... yes, we know the rules. But that's a colloquial phrase that I argue should pass muster.

Bienvenue, Willkommen, benvenuto, ...we all know that's just welcome to America.

There are far more objectionable things written on this thread than THAT. imho.

my extent of the french language is peugeot, escargot and renault. :lol:

menage a trois?

voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir?

Those are good ones :) It seems like they spread pretty good around the world and are almost common knowledge :)

Charles, I didn't realize that I could be controversial throwing my 3 words. Apologies. Besides, I am delighted that you are even aware of the existence of our so not internationally recognized car makers :) how good are you at pronouncing their names though ;) ??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
If they were really giving you a ban, they would not have let you in. Otherwise, what is the point of the ban? You are banned from entering the US for 6 months starting now, enjoy your stay? Makes no sense.

The VWP makes it possible to visit the US without having a Visa. It does not mean you are ENTITLED to visit, it is not a Right that is owed to you. Anyone can be turned away from entering the country. I am a USC, I live in a border town. I gave my daughters friend a ride home one night and I was stopped, questioned and my car was searched at the border because I had old coats in my trunk that I was donating to charity, and they thought it was suspiscious. It could happen to anyone, they don't know you and it was not a personal attack on you.

In your first post you said you used to hurt yourself and this has brought you back to that. You do realize that this sort of self mutilation is a symptom of several diffferent mental disorders? Disorders that could prevent you from getting a Visa at all.

As a fat, lazy, dumb American I just want to say, punctuation is a good thing. I don't think random insertions of (...) qualify. You might want to work on that before college.

WORD. 100% spot on.

Wow. Only rational post I've seen yet on this thread.

Filed: Timeline
As a fat,lazy,dumb American I really hope they give you a life time ban...if it wasn't for us dumb,fat.lazy Americans the WHOLE world would be speaking German, heck France prolly wouldn't be on the map any more. I hope when you leave they give you a full body cavity search and the man who does it has MONSTER sized finger!

PFFT arogant french!

FYI, I was only referring to most cops in the US airports and in any way american people in general but i really dont care if you get it or not. I know what Im saying and I know who Im talking about.

You dont have to talk like you guys saved the world, once again americans didnt save anybody from anything, mind your own business in your country and the rest of the world will be a better place to live in!

One last thing I'd like to mention to you, if I had to go thru a body search, FYI a woman would have to search me NOT a man!!!....Go get your facts straight!!!

Also, I really dont care about comments saying that I dont like americans or america because I do, so I wont bother asnswering anymore, all I wanted was an answer to my questions, not lame comments about how I should type in perfect english or how I should stop rambling about what happened to me that day, Im over it, I just tried to descirbe it all so I could have explanations if that was right or not and if I was banned.

Anyway, Im done, I only got upset at people accusing me of making this up in here. Im not sorry for that. Im not an arrogant french either.

Whatever you or other people attacking me are saying, i really dont give a damn....

HI everyone! :)

THis is my very post in here, I was hoping I could get some kind of help with what happened to me a few months ago

on my way to the US, when going thru customs.....

Im warning you first, it is going to be a VERY long post, coz i do need to describe what happened to me

completely......also IM REALLY hoping to get answers, because it is really bothering me and pretty much ruining my

life right nw!......

Let me explain my situation first, Ive been dating my bf for more than a year and a half now, he is american and Im

french living in France......

Ive been visiting him for the past year 3 times already......one week in feb 2008, 3 months from mid-june to mid-

sept 2008 and one month in feb 2009.....

On my way to the US, last febuary, everything seem to be going fine ( Ive been travellin to the US since 2004 now

to visit friends etc etc, so Ive always been very good at following the rules, answering questions, having

everything ready, documents, adress in the states during my stay etc etc,...)

Ok so here I am at the airport, waiting in line at customs, waiting to get thru customs, get my luggages and get

into my connecting flight.....

After about 45 mins waiting, its finally my turn to be asked all the usual questions...where im going, what is the

home adress there, for hw long im gonna be staying, etc, give the I-94 form, passeport, go thru fingerprints, etc

etc...

So far, everything is fine, the custom agent is checking everything, it seems like its a matter of mintues for me

until i can make it to my next plane...( i was running late after waitin for so long at customs....)...The lady

gives me my passeport and form back, I have the stamp on passeport n form, Im good to go....!

Next step for me, go get my lugagges asap and hurry for my next flight......ok so I got my luggages and Im RIGHT

before passing the check point where one agent is sitting there, just checking passeports and forms one last time

before letting people go out of customs, and go thru the halls etc etc......

STILL today, I dont know why he told me to go w my luggages on the right.....(which is for what i see where custom

agents check luggages and belongings COMPLETELY.....the agents wearing blue gloves

Hello, what you experienced was normal. You were just subject to the so called "Random Check" in the Customs. We had the same experienced of that too last Feb5. when we travelled from Philippines to here in U.S. I was with my fellow VJ members when I travelled coming here. Our flight was Manila-Nagoya- Detroit via Northwest Airlines when we had our stop over in Japan(Nagoya) we had change plane for our connecting flight there so we need to board in another plane to US. While passing through Immigration/Customs in Japan. All our fellow passengers in our flight fell in line and we are as well. Immigrations look to our passport and visa and handed it back to us after checking it.

While walking going inside the plane there was one corner in the aisle going inside the plane. There are 3 ladies there, Japanese wearing blue uniforms they called us(me and VJ friend) and check us. Japanese customs told me to wait on the side and while my friend was asked to be seated for checking and interrogations. We were so afraid , the Japanese Customs check my VJ friend using the detector gadgets, she was check start from her pocket, every division of her wallet was check too,even her I.D`s was inspected, her purse, her socks were checked and the inside of here sneaker shoes even the sole of it. The Japanese customs let her sideward, upward position and even lifting her legs .That time we are carrying a hand carry bag,(happened to be my bag)which mistakenly check because they think it was owned by my friend who were subject to that random check. Everytime the customs asked about the contents inside my bag I was the one answering even I had a distance from them. When I can`t take it anymore! I went to the table and I told them my friend can`t answer about what`s inside the bag because that`s not hers. They found nothing inside my bag because it was only my few blouses and some wedding souvenirs I bought. The Japanese then, put back all the things inside my bag and handed it to me.

It was unforgettatable experienced in Japan, our fellow passengers are looking everytime they see us in that custom inspection. We were so scared that time especially my friend. What I did that time was just smiling and crack jokes because my friend looked so pale already. It was so shame that people would look us in that one corner.

After the checking Japanese customs freed us and we let go inside the plane. We are almost the last passengers boarded the plane because of that Random check. Finally when I were inside the plane. I was seated with a Filipino guy who happend to be my seat mate from Manila to Detroit. I was still in confusion about the incidents so I asked the guy about what we had experienced. They told me that it was "Random check" every flight they choose one person or more to be subject by that Random check. Since it was Random we will never know who will be subjected for that random inspection. It was mandatory for every customs to do that, that`s their job. Customs is an authority or agency in a country responsible for safeguarding and controlling the flow of goods including animals,personal effects and hazardous items in and out of the country. It may be the people trapped you also.

Some who are in blue uniforms are members of TSA(Transportation Security Administrations)who work with the Department of Homeland Security here in United States and some work with their respective airline company like NWA to check luggages to ensure the flight and security. They are the one who inspect documents for immigrations and for the security of the nations against terrorisms and so on.

Either way, all those authorities are securing travellers and the safety of the nations.

For the travellers and for those will be travelling better follow the rules intended for the airlines and for the immigrations. So, that even we will be subject to Random check nothing should be afraid of, it was scarry and makes you nervous but as long as you are not not carrying any malicious things and that you have a valid papers and visa we are safe to fly.

Hope our stories clarifies about your questions in mind. You are not banned here in U.S if you will visit here again just always prepare your legal documents and always remember to follow the rules and not exceed the days of your stays here according to your visa it will be fine..... ....Best of luck to all and have a nice day!

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Seen the trend and being myself French I would say

"be careful with Americans, they freak out with mental disorders

and a latin personality can be not understood by them"

we are honest about telling you maybe should seek help and take care of yourself

nobody is perfect but don't act mad , don't get "stamped as a problem" , don't act in a way you could regret

Suggest also evaluate your post objectively, wasn't it a little too excited? with which purpose?

Sherri and Matt, do you know which mental disorders can be a problem for a visa?

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

PFFT arogant french!

FYI, I was only referring to most cops in the US airports and in any way american people in general but i really dont care if you get it or not. I know what Im saying and I know who Im talking about.

You dont have to talk like you guys saved the world, once again americans didnt save anybody from anything, mind your own business in your country and the rest of the world will be a better place to live in!

One last thing I'd like to mention to you, if I had to go thru a body search, FYI a woman would have to search me NOT a man!!!....Go get your facts straight!!!

Also, I really dont care about comments saying that I dont like americans or america because I do, so I wont bother asnswering anymore, all I wanted was an answer to my questions, not lame comments about how I should type in perfect english or how I should stop rambling about what happened to me that day, Im over it, I just tried to descirbe it all so I could have explanations if that was right or not and if I was banned.

Anyway, Im done, I only got upset at people accusing me of making this up in here. Im not sorry for that. Im not an arrogant french either.

Whatever you or other people attacking me are saying, i really dont give a damn....

Just reading this part now

hope post was helpful to you

your words did offend some people

hopefully you reflect about it and it is a learning

it is better to learn how to be politically correct or just courteous in the american way

before you go to the states, else you really can get in trouble

don't want to teach lessons, hope not to upset you either

(I get in trouble myself sometimes)

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

PFFT arogant french!

Just reading this part now

hope post was helpful to you

your words did offend some people

hopefully you reflect about it and it is a learning

it is better to learn how to be politically correct or just courteous in the american way

before you go to the states, else you really can get in trouble

don't want to teach lessons, hope not to upset you either

(I get in trouble myself sometimes)

Its alright!...thank you frenchwife......I guess I shouldnt have said a few things in here abt american cops coz other people took it personally and thast not what i wanted at all...I apologize if I offended anyone......I guess Im just still realy upset thast all.....

Every post (not referring to the ones makin comments) in here was helpful to me.....thank you for helping me out! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

PFFT arogant french!

maybe it wasn't the nicest thing to say, what lovestevie said about 'american policemen in airports' but you are not much better. she generalized 'american policemen in airports', you an entire country two generations after the war is over. we all know germany has a terrible history that can't be denied. Just don't put yourself above the world. as much as you seem to know germany's history you should know that this is what hitler did.

I didn't take history in the US, but maybe you were taught you saved the world. thank you for that btw. I am starting to get down on your level which I told myself not to do, so I better stop.

anyways, I should be used to comments about germany's history, since I am confronted with that by the dhs everytime I enter the US.

quote from the 1-94W:

"Have you ever been or are you now involved in espionage or sabotage;or in terrorist activities; or genocide; or between 1933 and 1945 were involved, in any way, in the persecutions associated with Nazi Germany or its allies?"

save your comment, I am over that confrontation :) and can deal with that B)

age.png

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-17

I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-19

I-129F NOA2: 2009-07-10

NVC recieved: 2009-07-22

NVC left: 2009-07-29

Consulate recieved: 2009-08-03

Packet 3 recieved: 2009-08-07

Packet 3 sent: 2009-08-07

Recieved letter with request to send copies

of all previous visas to the consulate

on: 2009-08-12 and sent it same day

Packet 4 recieved: 2009-08-25

Interview: 2009-09-02

Visa picked up! : 2009-09-15

US entry: 2009-09-17

Marriage: 2009-10-23

AOS sent: 2009-12-10

AOS recieved: 2009-12-14

RFE for medical form I-693: 2010-01-07

Biometrics: 2010-01-21

Better brush up on your history. Not saying America needs to be the world's policeman but we sure did the right thing in WW2.

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Timeline

PFFT arogant french!

maybe it wasn't the nicest thing to say, what lovestevie said about 'american policemen in airports' but you are not much better. she generalized 'american policemen in airports', you an entire country two generations after the war is over. we all know germany has a terrible history that can't be denied. Just don't put yourself above the world. as much as you seem to know germany's history you should know that this is what hitler did.

I didn't take history in the US, but maybe you were taught you saved the world. thank you for that btw. I am starting to get down on your level which I told myself not to do, so I better stop.

anyways, I should be used to comments about germany's history, since I am confronted with that by the dhs everytime I enter the US.

quote from the 1-94W:

"Have you ever been or are you now involved in espionage or sabotage;or in terrorist activities; or genocide; or between 1933 and 1945 were involved, in any way, in the persecutions associated with Nazi Germany or its allies?"

save your comment, I am over that confrontation :) and can deal with that B)

:) Thumbs up :)

VERY sadly new generations in Germany are still being held responsible for what many leaders, yeah you read me right, were responsible for 65 years ago. Even our "so respected General Petain" who alledgedly collaborated with the Nazi movement. I don't want to redo history here, not my point.

But someone thinking that America saved Europe is a fool of himself. Get back to your history books, and tell me how you can support you arguments.

Better brush up on your history. Not saying America needs to be the world's policeman but we sure did the right thing in WW2.

As did all the allies.

iagree.gif

Timeline

As did all the allies.

Not to mention that "doing the right thing" is not the concept that was questioned.

As did all the allies.

Not to mention that "doing the right thing" is not the concept that was questioned.

I'll rephrase: "The Americans and their allies saved the French from the Nazis". Better?? :)

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.