ZARQA

my husband visa was denied

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline
Keep your hopes up! I know it is very sad, because yall are man and wife. They probably will give you another interview. When a person is officially denied they will send your passport and other info. back to you. My finacee from the Phils. was denied, it was stated on her letter, they determined the intent was for immigration to the USA only. I have been there to see her 3 times. Good luck, keep your chin up, and think positively. I am planning to appeal their decision, having already contacted my Senator's senior staff. May God Bless!

I keep my chin up............, he doesn't have any letter or any denied document, only a word from the officer telling this is a fake marriage and I send the case back to USA, ???????

What make me feel so sad is my husband telling me this: honey can you talk to the Ambassador why she make fun of me? why she keep telling me why you look to my hair do I have something? she said more than once :crying: he don't understand what he did wrong why she don't let him talk.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Madrid, Spain my husband is Jordanian

Marriage : Jan. 28-2008 we know each other since 2003

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-05-21

I-130 touched 10-06-08 and again 10-07-08

I-129 Sent : 9-10-2008 Your item was delivered at 2:05 PM on September 13, 2008 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479. 4 months later because they never send me the receipt was an error in the address

I-129 NOA1: 09-16-2008

touched!! 9-27-2008

I-130 Approved : 3-2-2009 I'm so happyyyyyyyy!!!!

I-129 Approved: 3-2-2009

NVC Received :

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :

3-11-2009: Pay I-864 Bill

3-12-2009:Receive I-864 Package :

3-12-2009 : Return Completed I-864 :

3-10-2009: Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill :

3-18-2009: Pay IV Bill :

3-19-2009: Receive Instruction Package

4-8-2009:Case Completed at NVC

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 4 Received : 4-13-2009 at 11:57 am

Medical Exam: 5-11-2009

Interview Date :5-20-2009 at 9:am the time in Florida will be 3:00 am

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Keep your hopes up! I know it is very sad, because yall are man and wife. They probably will give you another interview. When a person is officially denied they will send your passport and other info. back to you. My finacee from the Phils. was denied, it was stated on her letter, they determined the intent was for immigration to the USA only. I have been there to see her 3 times. Good luck, keep your chin up, and think positively. I am planning to appeal their decision, having already contacted my Senator's senior staff. May God Bless!

I keep my chin up............, he doesn't have any letter or any denied document, only a word from the officer telling this is a fake marriage and I send the case back to USA, ???????

What make me feel so sad is my husband telling me this: honey can you talk to the Ambassador why she make fun of me? why she keep telling me why you look to my hair do I have something? she said more than once :crying: he don't understand what he did wrong why she don't let him talk.

I can understand how your husband felt. We had the same experience with my husband at the US Embassy in my country. He is a USC and he was shocked from the behavior of the US CO. Few days before we went to embassy for a declaration of his marital status, she had the same nasty attitude to me. He said next time he'd complain to the General CO. Good luck to you and all my best wishes (L)

bulgaria_mwp.gifusa_mwp.gif

CSC USCIS ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-02-19 : I-130 package sent_________________2009-02-20 : I-130 Received in Chicago, IL

2009-02-27 : NOA1 Approved____________________2009-05-04 : NOA2 Approved

NVC ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-05-11 : NVC case # assigned

2009-05-19 : DS-3032/AOS Bill Generated__________2009-05-20 : DS-3032 e-mailed; AOS/I-864 Bill (paid online $70)

2009-05-26 : Sent In Completed I-864

2009-06-04 : e-mailed DS-3032 accepted by NVC____2009-06-04 : IV Fee bill generated, paid online $400

2009-06-08 : DS-230 mailed to NVC

2009-07-10 : Case complete - in 141 days

2009-07-21 : Interview expedite request e-mailed to NVC

2009-07-27 : NVC replied NO to expedite request

2009-07-29 : NVC e-mailed an interview date for Sept.15th

2009-08-07 : Case left NVC

2009-08-10 : DHL shipped file

2009-08-12 : Case received in USEM, Sofia

2009-08-24 : Medical scheduled

2009-08-25 : Interview re-scheduled

2009-08-28 : Visa in hand

2009-09-01 : US entry - Boston, MA

2009-09-15 : Welcome letter sent (21st Sept received)

2009-09-30 : GC production ordered

2009-10-08 : GC received

2010-02-01 : little D was born :)

VSC ~ROC~ Journey

2011-06-03 : mailed ROC package

2011-06-06: ROC NOA1

2011-07-08: Biometrics appointment

2012-02-25: GC Approval

2012-03-....: PGC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am getting slightly concerned this is the second bad Jordan Interview I have heard of in the last two months. **ie either issueing a 221g or denial***

Zarqa make sure to ask your husband to write down all the questions the CO asked and his answers to those questions. Try to stop the petition from leaving the embassy as i am sure you already know if it gets back to the states it takes 6+ months for review.

The Embassy is REQUIRED to tell you why visa was denied. If they refuse to do so you need to speak to a represenitive ASAP... They are NOT ALLOWED to not inform you of the reason for denial.

I really hope the best for you and I will be praying for you.

Try to keep your chin up your spouse needs you to be strong as much as you need to for yourself.

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

problem === embassy ask him how many times he been married?

ur hubby answered === twice?

i guess the interviewed was have miss-understanding communication.... he answered wrong thats y embassy told him this marriage was faked. because he declaired he was married once and he answered twice.

or somehow........ ur husband miss understood wat is the question he thoughts that embassy asking how many times u been married not him ....

much better ask him clearly wats the reason to get failed. and called USCIS wats the best thing to do. tell them ur husband gor miss understood only the question heh.

this is only my guess lol :P

Edited by .MythaG-

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

Timeline

Thank you everyone for the support, I'm here waiting to call the Embassy in Madrid attempt to have the petition reviewed by the senior consular before it is returned.

I-129 Sent : 9-10-2008 Your item was delivered at 2:05 PM on September 13, 2008 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479. 4 months later because they never send me the receipt was an error in the address

touched!! 9-27-2008

NVC Received :

Receive IV Bill :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think .MythaG- is on the right trail. I think maybe the CO asked about "previous" marriages for you and maybe your husband thought she meant how many times have you been married. The CO knows you are married now, so if the question was about the past, the answer would be once. Talk to your husband and see if he can remember the exact wording of the question. My wife has interview in June and I told her to make sure she understands the question being asked before giving an answer. Once you answer, it is too late to take it back. I agree with others that you want to stop the case from going back to U.S. If you can convince them he maybe didn't understand question, you will get 2nd interview. Best Wishes and Good Luck to you.

Timeline
I think .MythaG- is on the right trail. I think maybe the CO asked about "previous" marriages for you and maybe your husband thought she meant how many times have you been married. The CO knows you are married now, so if the question was about the past, the answer would be once. Talk to your husband and see if he can remember the exact wording of the question. My wife has interview in June and I told her to make sure she understands the question being asked before giving an answer. Once you answer, it is too late to take it back. I agree with others that you want to stop the case from going back to U.S. If you can convince them he maybe didn't understand question, you will get 2nd interview. Best Wishes and Good Luck to you.

I also understand like that, he include our marriage, I just call Madrid Embassy, the unit about immigrant visa is open from 3 to 5pm no one can help me at this time, I will wake up at 8 am i need to convince them to have a new interview and my attorney told me to be present this time, good luck to your wife with the interview

touched!! 9-27-2008

NVC Received :

Receive IV Bill :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
please give us more informations to be able to help u

there must be a reason for them to do this ..in most cases i saw like 98% have real reasons ..so can u share us some about u and ur Husband?

im sorry to hear this ..we all may have the same .so lets us now please .

You have no Idea what you are talking about to say that 98% of the time that they are right in making the decision that they do. Let's see when you have your interview if all goes well. It kills me when people think that there has to be something wrong with the relationship as a reason why some not all don't get their visa.

I don't understand.

He didn't know how many times that YOU were married? How many times were you married?

That is between her and her spouse. #######.

#######? Don't you ever say ####### to me, or someone else, you disrespectful woman. For your information, she put it online and asked for advice so it is everyone's business. First, how can a husband NOT know how many times his wife was married. That doesn't sound reasonable, and that is exactly why they were denied. Second, if she was married let's say "5 times", then I would guess that the embassy would suspect that she is being fraudulent. This is why I asked, to see if the embassy had any right in denying or suspecting her of fraud. I didn't ask because I really want to know or care.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

difficult to read your english

seems she said that HE WAS MARRIED and that you don t know about it.

????

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am alos unclear as to what was said.

And could someone point me to the racist and discriminatory comment? Do not want to cause issues, but I could not see it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

i also beleive it was a misunderstanding. maybe she was asking how many times "before him" was u married and he said two but really it would only have been once so it made it look like he didnt know or was lying.

kinda the same thing happened to my husband years ago at his interview. they asked him how did we meet. he said i came to syria but really we met online. so it was kinda like he could go either way with the question. they did ask him again and that time he understood it they way they meant it and he then told them we met origionally online but then she came to syria to meet me in person.

so something like a misunderstaning could have happened with him. they were looking for a certain answer and thats not what they got.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

GOD willing whenever he have another Interview ..please make him do a PLAIN answers ...for instance :

how manytimes your wife were married ?

she was married 2 times BEFORE (tht word before clear things so even if he couldnt understand the Question or miss hear it so he still answer it ) and he can also add ( and i wasnt married ever before ) tht way he catch the whole matter in a one whol short sentence ....Ofiicers try to find a way to deny ..if they couldnt they issue the Visa ...

be good :)

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
GOD willing whenever he have another Interview ..please make him do a PLAIN answers ...for instance :

how manytimes your wife were married ?

she was married 2 times BEFORE (tht word before clear things so even if he couldnt understand the Question or miss hear it so he still answer it ) and he can also add ( and i wasnt married ever before ) tht way he catch the whole matter in a one whol short sentence ....Ofiicers try to find a way to deny ..if they couldnt they issue the Visa ...

be good :)

0/0

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ZARQA

im making a try with the department of state ..and i will get u the results at the nearest time here ...

since i know abt ur situation and im going everywhere trying to put an end for them to control our life like that ..

as i get the results back i will let you all know abt it .

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.