• Not from Eastern Canada
  3. 3. Territories

• Northwest Territories
    • Yukon
    • Nunavut
    • Not from the Territories

140 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I'll be in Oakville next week, so I'll probably take a look at the Shores! I miss Bill Hill's :crying: They had the best ice cream!

Let me know what you think! And see if you can talk my Dad into it while you're there. :thumbs:

I am from BC.

I am from a town in BC called Dawson Creek.

As a result, I hate all Fox programming and James Van Der Beek. That stupid show was the worst thing.

On the other hand, it would have been easy to bilk the disappointed tourists if I had been, shall we say, a less scrupulous teenager.

"Yes. Yes, for fifty dollars I will take you on a tour. Here we have the window everyone was always climbing in and out of all the freaking time."

"This is an abandoned 7-11. Are you sure -- "

"TOUR'S OVER."

I couldn't figure out what -- and who -- you were talking about. :lol: It finally dawned on me that it must be the TV show. I've never seen it so I can't relate. Sorry. :blush:

iagree.gif

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Bridgenorth, near Peterbourgh Ontario. Lived around the province a bit, in Lindsay, Omemee and Lakefield, and then off for 15 years to Charlottetown PEI. From there to Halifax for a couple of years, and then to Auckland New Zealand for 16 years. Now in Virginia :)

I went through Bridgenorth and Lakefield (and Peterborough, of course) when I did the Trent-Severn by boat! That was awesome.

iagree.gif

I'm from Bridgenorth, near Peterbourgh Ontario. Lived around the province a bit, in Lindsay, Omemee and Lakefield, and then off for 15 years to Charlottetown PEI. From there to Halifax for a couple of years, and then to Auckland New Zealand for 16 years. Now in Virginia :)

I went through Bridgenorth and Lakefield (and Peterborough, of course) when I did the Trent-Severn by boat! That was awesome.

I am amazed anyone else has ever heard of the place :wow::lol:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Born and raised - Vancouver

Lived for one year - Edmonton

I LOVE VANCOUVER!!! I LOVE VANCOUVER!!! I LOVE VANCOUVER!!!

I hear you loud and clear raymaga!

Born and raised: Cape Town, South Africa

Also lived in: London for about 3 years with backpacking stints thru Europe, Turkey, Greece, USA

Immigrated to: Canada

Landed in: Toronto, and did a fantastic adventure tour (canoeing, hiking etc)

Settled in: Vancouver, where I knew I wanted to settle down

Spent 10 OF THE BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE in Vancouver!!!

I LOVE this city, to the point where I feel like I have failed it for falling in love and moving away from it's warm heart.

I have the utmost respect for Canada and it's people.

Thanks to Canada, I have learnt patience, kindness, humility, and a gentle curiosity of those things that I many not understand at first. And that's because that's how I was treated when I first arrived. As an immigrant, I wasn't treated as an outsider, but as a person with a story unlike theirs, that they wanted to learn about so that they could understand who I was as a person. They were genuinely interested in my differences, not so that they could find fault, but so that they could educate themselves and broaden their understanding of the world. Through their inviting and compassionate nature, I learnt that understanding prevents judgment, and brings about compassion. What a difference it made in my life!

I'm getting a bit weepy thinking about it all, but I really do owe it to Canadians for gently molding me into the person my husband fell in love with.

I love you guys! Muah! :star::dance: You have the most beautiful culture and I feel honored to have been a part of it!

Hugs and appreciation

Ingi

| k1 visa timeline |

22 feb 08 - petition mailed to csc

25 feb 08 - noa1

14 jul 08 - noa2

16 jul 08 - nvc received

23 jul 08 - nvc sent to consulate

25 jul 08 - us consulate received

30 jul 08 - rfe dated 28 jul received from consulate

31 jul 08 - rfe sent back to consulate

08 aug 08 - packet 3

27 aug 08 - medical complete

05 sept 08 - faxed back packet 3

15 sept 08 - received my birth certif!!

15 sept 08 - packet 4!!

21 oct 08 - interview - approved!

08 nov 08 - moved

27 dec 08 - married my sweetheart

| aos timeline |

01 feb 09 - aos/ead/ap mailed to chicago

03 feb 09 - received at chicago USCIS address

04 feb 09 - received driver's license!

11 feb 09 - received noa for aos/ead/ap dated feb 6

10 mar 09 - biometrics

06 apr 09 - received ap! dated mar 30

09 apr 09 - received ead! dated mar 30

21 apr 09 - received interview request! dated apr 15

25 jun 09 - interview - approved!

26 jun 09 - card production ordered

1 july 09 - approval letter received dated june 26

Thanks to Canada, I have learnt patience, kindness, humility, and a gentle curiosity of those things that I many not understand at first. And that's because that's how I was treated when I first arrived. As an immigrant, I wasn't treated as an outsider, but as a person with a story unlike theirs, that they wanted to learn about so that they could understand who I was as a person. They were genuinely interested in my differences, not so that they could find fault, but so that they could educate themselves and broaden their understanding of the world. Through their inviting and compassionate nature, I learnt that understanding prevents judgment, and brings about compassion. What a difference it made in my life!

That is the most beautiful description of Canada and its people that I have ever heard, SnapCracklePop. Thank you so much for that. (F)

Also lived in: London for about 3 years

I take it you don't mean London, Ontario. :lol: It's right next to Paris on the map. :hehe:

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

That is the most beautiful description of Canada and its people that I have ever heard, SnapCracklePop. Thank you so much for that. (F)

I take it you don't mean London, Ontario. :lol: It's right next to Paris on the map. :hehe:

You're welcome Krikit! You guys rock the free world :star:

I actually *did* look at London on the map :meehee!: and had wondered if it was warmer cuz it was so far south in latitude. Aaah, the innocence of youth. Then I looked at a Temperature and Precipitation Graph .... :blink:

| k1 visa timeline |

22 feb 08 - petition mailed to csc

25 feb 08 - noa1

14 jul 08 - noa2

16 jul 08 - nvc received

23 jul 08 - nvc sent to consulate

25 jul 08 - us consulate received

30 jul 08 - rfe dated 28 jul received from consulate

31 jul 08 - rfe sent back to consulate

08 aug 08 - packet 3

27 aug 08 - medical complete

05 sept 08 - faxed back packet 3

15 sept 08 - received my birth certif!!

15 sept 08 - packet 4!!

21 oct 08 - interview - approved!

08 nov 08 - moved

27 dec 08 - married my sweetheart

| aos timeline |

01 feb 09 - aos/ead/ap mailed to chicago

03 feb 09 - received at chicago USCIS address

04 feb 09 - received driver's license!

11 feb 09 - received noa for aos/ead/ap dated feb 6

10 mar 09 - biometrics

06 apr 09 - received ap! dated mar 30

09 apr 09 - received ead! dated mar 30

21 apr 09 - received interview request! dated apr 15

25 jun 09 - interview - approved!

26 jun 09 - card production ordered

1 july 09 - approval letter received dated june 26

You're welcome Krikit! You guys rock the free world :star:

I actually *did* look at London on the map :meehee!: and had wondered if it was warmer cuz it was so far south in latitude. Aaah, the innocence of youth. Then I looked at a Temperature and Precipitation Graph .... :blink:

:lol: Yup.

I'm an immigrant to Canada, myself, (UK) and I absolutely positively love Canada and the Canadians. :luv: Though I had a much harder time acclimating as a child as opposed to an adult. Kids can be pretty cruel when you have an accent and are culturally different. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm from Winnipeg (born, raised and still living in!) and my fiance is from Portland, OR. :) I'll be moving to Portland after the visa is approved. Our "legal" wedding will happen in Portland, of course, at the courthouse, with our church wedding (in front of family & friend) happening next year in Canada. I just wanted to say how much help these forums have been -- I was a lurker for the longest time, and now that I've gone through part one, going through the rest of it will be easier with me not lurking anymore! I can't describe the amount of pressure/stress we were under just to get our I-129F out... but now that it's sent, all we're waiting for now is NOA1. So, our journey to getting me to the US has officially begun! :)

I'm from Winnipeg, been here most of my life... :star:

I'm from Winnipeg, too!

Edited by supremecomplex

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm from Winnipeg (born, raised and still living in!) and my fiance is from Portland, OR. :) I'll be moving to Portland after the visa is approved. Our "legal" wedding will happen in Portland, of course, at the courthouse, with our church wedding (in front of family & friend) happening next year in Canada. I just wanted to say how much help these forums have been -- I was a lurker for the longest time, and now that I've gone through part one, going through the rest of it will be easier with me not lurking anymore! I can't describe the amount of pressure/stress we were under just to get our I-129F out... but now that it's sent, all we're waiting for now is NOA1. So, our journey to getting me to the US has officially begun! :)

I'm from Winnipeg, too!

Ohh lots of new people :)

welcome!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm from Winnipeg, too!

I was born about 30 miles south of Winnipeg in Steinbach :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow...I actually teared up reading that! Thank you so much for that beautiful description of your experience as a Canadian citizen :thumbs:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.