3. 3. Territories

• Northwest Territories
    • Yukon
    • Nunavut
    • Not from the Territories

140 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Kimbear - I grew up in Pierrefonds! Hillcrest Gardens up from Gouin Blvd off of St. Charles Blvd. We were just south of Il Bizard. Dad used to take the train from Beaconsfield into Downtown Montreal every day. It was a great neighbourhood although the forest behind us and the fields down the road from us have all been built on now. I guess I wouldn't recognize it anymore.

i barely recognize the west island anymore..what with the new colliseum in kirkland the wallmart..and no more trees..

everyday all i hear are sirens from police etc. i'm staying over by my old high school; Riverdale. I really miss the hawkesbury area where i'm from. Hell, i miss norther chicago even more! :) But thats cuz My fiance is there in Rockford Illinois.

Wow - 3 others (so far) who have lived in the same area in which I grew up, and who are also on this forum. Now, I wonder what the odds are of that happening?

What about going to the same school? St Thomas High and Vanier for me.

Sly

Riverdale and John Abbot for me :)

HWDWm6.png

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Born and raised - Vancouver

Lived for one year - Edmonton

I LOVE VANCOUVER!!! I LOVE VANCOUVER!!! I LOVE VANCOUVER!!!

Edited by raymaga

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline
Kimbear - I grew up in Pierrefonds! Hillcrest Gardens up from Gouin Blvd off of St. Charles Blvd. We were just south of Il Bizard. Dad used to take the train from Beaconsfield into Downtown Montreal every day. It was a great neighbourhood although the forest behind us and the fields down the road from us have all been built on now. I guess I wouldn't recognize it anymore.

i barely recognize the west island anymore..what with the new colliseum in kirkland the wallmart..and no more trees..

everyday all i hear are sirens from police etc. i'm staying over by my old high school; Riverdale. I really miss the hawkesbury area where i'm from. Hell, i miss norther chicago even more! :) But thats cuz My fiance is there in Rockford Illinois.

Wow - 3 others (so far) who have lived in the same area in which I grew up, and who are also on this forum. Now, I wonder what the odds are of that happening?

What about going to the same school? St Thomas High and Vanier for me.

Sly

Riverdale and John Abbot for me :)

Where the Colisee and outlets are now in Kirkland, used to be a farm! I had my 5th birthday there, with pony rides and all. I don't recognize it either!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Timeline

Every time I come back to Ontario things are different. I have been lost numerous times because entire roads have been moved to another location and small cities have sprung up in farmland. I went for a walk around the old neighbourhood the other day and named off each of my friends as I walked by their former homes. In a lot of cases those homes are gone, entirely, as the existing ones were torn down to be replaced by mega estates due to the large lot sizes. Change makes me sad and melancholy, but that's what life is about.

iagree.gif

Timeline
Every time I come back to Ontario things are different. I have been lost numerous times because entire roads have been moved to another location and small cities have sprung up in farmland. I went for a walk around the old neighbourhood the other day and named off each of my friends as I walked by their former homes. In a lot of cases those homes are gone, entirely, as the existing ones were torn down to be replaced by mega estates due to the large lot sizes. Change makes me sad and melancholy, but that's what life is about.

I know what you mean. Every time I go home there is a new building up or new homes built. It makes me a little sad...but I guess the world keeps on moving while we are away..

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Remember when you'd drive down the 400 and you'd see wonderland and then about 10 minutes later you'd get to Toronto? Now you see homes and then wonderland.

It is insane how fast things grow. I would never want to live in those houses in Vaughn that you see from the 400, they're all squished together. I bet they cost a pretty penny too.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Remember when you'd drive down the 400 and you'd see wonderland and then about 10 minutes later you'd get to Toronto? Now you see homes and then wonderland.

It is insane how fast things grow. I would never want to live in those houses in Vaughn that you see from the 400, they're all squished together. I bet they cost a pretty penny too.

Oh yeah.... I call those Monopoly houses!! They look like the little toy houses. There is no space between those homes at all.

So true! My Grandparents had this cute little bungalow on Woodhaven Park Road, right off Lakeshore in Bronte. The last time I drove by, it had been torn down and this ginormous ugly mansion was being built! They had so much land.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Yea he needs to go the REAL hellhole: NORTH BAY! :P

North Bay is no hell hole. Have you been to Sudbury? I'm sure you have, it's literally a hole, a crater in the ground created by a meteor many years ago. For the longest time there was no trees here! Probably has some of the worst pot holes in Ontario, they still aren't done fixing them all, I'm starting to think that they are just leaving them to get bigger.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

North Bay is no hell hole. Have you been to Sudbury? I'm sure you have, it's literally a hole, a crater in the ground created by a meteor many years ago. For the longest time there was no trees here! Probably has some of the worst pot holes in Ontario, they still aren't done fixing them all, I'm starting to think that they are just leaving them to get bigger.

My favorite part of Sudbury is the blackened rock. You know you're approaching the city when the rocks look all dirty and nasty. Its not a bad place really... Science North is kinda cool! We used to go camping up near Sudbury all the time, and I'd be excited to go into the city and actually see some signs civilization.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Every time I go back to Calgary, it is the same :lol:

The house we lived in during part of elementary school is still there, all the houses we lived in are still there, the neighbourhoods are the same and the school is the same. It's not a bad thing.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Yes I have been to the crater. At least the crater had a licks... well this was years ago. My mom and I used to drive to Sudbury to go to licks. Also you have science north. I loved science north. ALSO you had a better mall, as a teenager living in North Bay we had crappy malls! Oh and the worlds tallest smoke stack!? I mean come on show some pride for polluting the air with the tallest smoke stack! :lol:

I must say now, that North Bay has finally caught up with the times as they have renovated North Gate and instead of being 10 years behind the rest of society they are now only 5 years behind.

North Bay is a hell hole, it is my hell hole. :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I usually cringe when people casually ask me "where are you from?". I don't really know how to answer that question anymore.

I know that feeling! I grew up in Rochester, NY, which is EIGHT HOURS AWAY from NYC but whenever I tell people where I am from, they will always say "you don't have a New York accent." Well, d'oh, I have a Raaaachester aaaaccent. But my whole family is from the Philly area, my parents retired to Bellingham 11 years ago, and I lived most of my adult life in Arizona and California because I really SHOULD have been born west of the Continental Divide. But now I've been living in the midwest for 8 years and own a home here, so maybe now this is home. Except I live in Illinois...but I live in a suburb of St Louis, Missouri...so even that isn't all that clear.

My husband is the Canadian half of the couple, and for him it's easy: he was born in Manchester, England (England, across the Atlantic Sea...etc....) but he lived in Edmonton from the age of 6 months until he moved here last summer.

Okay I KNEW something southwest was going on! Not many people know the word Sonoran let alone, know what or where Sonoran/Sonora are! I was thinking Mexico, because of the Mexican state Sonora. Where in AZ where you? I'm an AZ native (even though I've lived in Michigan for 8 years). I was born and raised in Phoenix and went to NAU in Flagstaff. I sooooo miss Arizona. :(

I have travelled a bit over my years. From Saskatchewan, to Quebec, to Ontario, to Fremont, California, to Sparta New Jersey, to Montague New Jersey, to Calgary Alberta, to Claresholm Alberta, to Richmond BC. I have lived in BC for over 20 years the longest place ever and hopefully after the 22nd of June I will be able to go to Hawthorne California where we have had 1 large earthquake and one significant after shock two days later.

Janet

Right around the corner from us :)

Mel is from London, Ontario, born and raised. She lived in Winnipeg for a bit, but as she tells me it was one of the most miserable places on earth.

Duncan was born in Chatham, but raised in London. Where in the London area was Mel? Duncan was/is in the UWO area... ummm... right on the back side of the river from McGibbons park.

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Born in Vanderhoof BC...population 500 (all related I'm sure,) spent most of my younger years in Prince George, BC, then moved to Victoria as a young adult.

I LOVE Victoria!

*Highfive* to the few West Coasters out there :thumbs:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

Born in Medicine Hat, AB

Raised in Wainright, Calgary, Jacksonville FL, and Dartmouth.

Currently living in Calgary.

And the husband is from the city of sin.

Las Vegas, Nevada.

He's weird. :D

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.