w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Soak the Rich, Lose the Rich (Texas has it right)

359 posts in this topic

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Wal Mart isn't headquartered in California, so how can they leave? Clearly, you're bringing retail into the conversation in an attempt to deflect and confuse. Well, it won't work.

Tax rates are primarily based on the venue where a business is headquartered. One favorite is Nevada, for example. Nevada keeps corporate rates low to attract those tax dollars.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Wal Mart isn't headquartered in California, so how can they leave? Clearly, you're bringing retail into the conversation in an attempt to deflect and confuse. Well, it won't work.

New Mexico Cracks Down on Wal-Mart Corporation's Tax Evasion Scheme

In the case of Wal-Mart, the department ruled that the corporation improperly shifted earnings to its Delaware-based holding company WMR Inc., for the sole purpose of reducing income it reported in New Mexico for its in-state stores. Delaware does not assess corporate income tax on its companies, so company earnings that can be attributed to a holding company there are not subject to state corporate income taxes. That is exactly what Tax and Revenue Attorney Bruce Fort says corporations have been doing for the past two decades or so. He describes a process under New Mexico tax laws by which a corporation can shift its income to a non-taxable fund such as a real estate investment trust, transfer the trust to its holding company out of state, and then convert it back to domestic dividends. Because New Mexico tax law exempts dividends from taxable income, Fort says companies registered in Delaware can easily avoid paying states like New Mexico millions of dollars in taxes.

But Taxation and Revenue says Wal-Mart abused that loophole and owes the state money.

Timeline
BW,

What are some key components of your solution to the health care problem?

I don't believe there is a solution. There is a ying and yang to any "fix". Public control means that care is rationed, that physicians and caregivers, who undergo long years of training will be underpaid for their expertise.

I know that for you, equality means equal outcome, but in reality, it means equal opportunity to creat your own outcome. I'm totally against removing incentive for people to become doctors, scientists, pharmacists, or business owners because government intrusion becomes an overwhelming burden or an unfair competitor. I don't want that kind of America.

Edited by Barza Woman

Timeline

New Mexico Cracks Down on Wal-Mart Corporation's Tax Evasion Scheme

In the case of Wal-Mart, the department ruled that the corporation improperly shifted earnings to its Delaware-based holding company WMR Inc., for the sole purpose of reducing income it reported in New Mexico for its in-state stores. Delaware does not assess corporate income tax on its companies, so company earnings that can be attributed to a holding company there are not subject to state corporate income taxes. That is exactly what Tax and Revenue Attorney Bruce Fort says corporations have been doing for the past two decades or so. He describes a process under New Mexico tax laws by which a corporation can shift its income to a non-taxable fund such as a real estate investment trust, transfer the trust to its holding company out of state, and then convert it back to domestic dividends. Because New Mexico tax law exempts dividends from taxable income, Fort says companies registered in Delaware can easily avoid paying states like New Mexico millions of dollars in taxes.

But Taxation and Revenue says Wal-Mart abused that loophole and owes the state money.

How do you abuse a legality? :blink: Are they willing to admit their legislators weren't smart enough to know what they were allowing?

Now, please answer my question. If you want things to be fair, then I'm sure you want their contributions to give them a fair advantage, too, yes?

Filed: Timeline
I know that for you, equality means equal outcome, but in reality, it means equal opportunity to creat your own outcome.

How does a comatose man recovering from a brain hemorrhage create his own outcome? Talk about Republican silliness.

What I want is for a poor man in the ghetto and the wealthy man in the gated community to have access to comparable quality doctors in comparable facilities; and for the entire cost of everybody to be shared by society as a whole (through insurance or taxes or a combination of both).

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
I know that for you, equality means equal outcome, but in reality, it means equal opportunity to creat your own outcome.

How does a comatose man recovering from a brain hemorrhage create his own outcome? Talk about Republican silliness.

It's ** silliness to create an extreme to shoot down the norm. That doesn't hold water. Get real.

What I want is for a poor man in the ghetto and the wealthy man in the gated community to have access to comparable quality doctors in comparable facilities; and for the entire cost of everybody to be shared by society as a whole (through insurance or taxes or a combination of both).

Sorry, not gonna happen.

Timeline
Did you forget how to quote again?

By the way, if your 'solution' does not work for those who need your solution the most, then it doesn't work.

I know how to quote. I also know how to do what I did. :)

There is no realistic solution. All the government "fixes" will have unintended consequences.

Edited by Barza Woman

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Wal Mart's business model requires that Wal Mart be in all or most states.

Most corporations are not in the retail business.

Shame on you, Steven. You're deflecting and being dishonest and know it.

Every state has a formula that multi-state companies use to determine what portion of their profits are taxable in each state where they operate. Traditionally, these formulas have given equal weight to how much of a company's property, payroll, and sales occur in the state. But lately large companies have been pushing states to adopt formulas that count only the percentage of their sales that occur in that state.

For companies that have factories or offices in only a handful of states, but sales everywhere, the result of this change is that a large share of their profit becomes "nowhere" income — income that isn't taxed by any state.

http://www.newrules.org/retail/news/four-c...es-should-close

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
So you're fine with having a workforce in this country that cannot afford healthcare, but you also don't want to offer them public health insurance?

I don't - see below.

I don't believe the government does public services very well. That belief is based on experience. Why would I want the same organization that runs a ponzi scheme called Social Security, and is going to run out of money for Medicaid to determine whether someone lives or dies? Healthcare will be rationed under a federal system. Not everyone would be well served, even as they are not now. It is no panacea for the problem.

A government healthcare plan open to everyone will be the death of private insurance.

Why would any company offer healthcare benefits if there was government healthcare competing

with private healthcare?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well that's just silly. A poor man in the ghetto and the wealthy man don't have "equal access" to anything, let alone healthcare.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline
So you intentionally type the text of your response within the quote box of my response? Fascinating.

It was quicker and easier than divying up the original quote.

Well that's just silly. A poor man in the ghetto and the wealthy man don't have "equal access" to anything, let alone healthcare.

Like I said, liberals are expecting an equal outcome when equal opportunity is the best they should expect. There is no social utopia on this earth.

Even two rich people don't have equal access to everything the other has. I'm rich, but Oprah has advantages over me cause she's a hell of a lot richer.