w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Soak the Rich, Lose the Rich (Texas has it right)

359 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
... we can have a sustainable Middle Class in this country and we do that by making sure that things like state pension funds are tied into secured investments.

Do that, and next time you're gonna have to say NO to the unions who demand better and more every time they come to the table. Unions negotiations are run by people who know exactly what the risks are of investing retirement money in real estate and equities, and yet they knowingly demand more and better knowing full well the only way they can be achieved is through taking on additional risk.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
... we can have a sustainable Middle Class in this country and we do that by making sure that things like state pension funds are tied into secured investments.

Do that, and next time you're gonna have to say NO to the unions who demand better and more every time they come to the table. Unions negotiations are run by people who know exactly what the risks are of investing retirement money in real estate and equities, and yet they knowingly demand more and better knowing full well the only way they can be achieved is through taking on additional risk.

May I ask - is your wife a member of the state's teacher's union? If so, what is the union investing her pension into?

Timeline
Stevie, did you vote today?

With all the demonization of corporations, some of us need a day without any to gain appreciation for them.

I'm a corporation :D

I sent in my absentee ballot a couple of weeks ago. Are you in California?

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Stevie, did you vote today?

With all the demonization of corporations, some of us need a day without any to gain appreciation for them.

I sent in my absentee ballot a couple of weeks ago. Are you in California?

No. For the time being, I'm in Colorado, but keeping a sharp eye on Cali.

Edited by Barza Woman

Timeline

If you think criticizing corporations for getting away with paying the least amount of state taxes is demonizing them, so be it.

I just want them to pay their fair share for the state's costs which those very corporations benefit from.

Timeline

If you think criticizing corporations for getting away with paying the least amount of state taxes is demonizing them, so be it.

I just want them to pay their fair share for the state's costs which those very corporations benefit from.

If you want things to be fair, then I'm sure you want their contributions to give them a fair advantage, too.

Timeline

They pay their people very well. Significantly more than what small businesses pay.

It depends on the corporation. Walmart, for example, the largest retail corporation in the world is notorious for paying its employees poverty level wages and encouraging those employees to seek out state medicaid and welfare as supplement.

Filed: Timeline

They pay their people very well. Significantly more than what small businesses pay.

It depends on the corporation. Walmart, for example, the largest retail corporation in the world is notorious for paying its employees poverty level wages and encouraging those employees to seek out state medicaid and welfare as supplement.

Pay matches the skillset. As it should be.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

Walmart doesn't hire rocket scientists. You don't have to even have a college degree to work there. Entry level pays what the market will bear, and people are willing to work there because they don't need to have the skills or education necessary to work in other areas of the workforce.

Marginal members of the workforce need places to work, too.

Edited by Barza Woman

Timeline

So we have employees of Walmart who are collecting on state programs like Medicaid and Welfare and Walmart's contribution to the state's coffers is minuscule compared to other tax revenue. And if we raise their tax rate, they'll just leave the state of California? Hmmm...

Walmart doesn't hire rocket scientists. You don't have to even have a college degree to work there. Entry level pays what the market will bear, and people are willing to work there because they don't need to have the skills or education necessary to work in other areas of the workforce.

So you're fine with having a workforce in this country that cannot afford healthcare, but you also don't want to offer them public health insurance?

Edited by Col. 'Bat' Guano

Timeline

So we have employees of Walmart who are collecting on state programs like Medicaid and Welfare and Walmart's contribution to the state's coffers is minuscule compared to other tax revenue. And if we raise their tax rate, they'll just leave the state of California? Hmmm...

So you're fine with having a workforce in this country that cannot afford healthcare, but you also don't want to offer them public health insurance?

I don't believe the government does public services very well. That belief is based on experience. Why would I want the same organization that runs a ponzi scheme called Social Security, and is going to run out of money for Medicaid to determine whether someone lives or dies? Healthcare will be rationed under a federal system. Not everyone would be well served, even as they are not now. It is no panacea for the problem.