w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Soak the Rich, Lose the Rich (Texas has it right)

359 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
The new American creed: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Insurance.

Couldn't quality health care be covered by the Pursuit of Happiness clause?

What if my life causes someone else unhappiness and my death causes them happiness?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if you are an entitlement grabbing, freeloader with hippy librul tendancies. If you have the back bone of steel of your average Calvinist, the pursuit of happiness is to be found in a church pew on Sundays and is probably over rated.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

What if my life causes someone else unhappiness and my death causes them happiness?

Why not go back to Jefferson's original phrase, before Franklin wimped out in the rewrite: Life, Liberty, and Property.

Edited by Mister_Bill

If you have the back bone of steel of your average Calvinist, the pursuit of happiness is to be found in a church pew on Sundays and is probably over rated.

;)

Your laser-like wit has got to hurt.

pew pew pew pew pew

Go to college. If your income is low, you'll qualify for aid from the government. And once enrolled full time (at least in NJ) the college is required to offer you health coverage.

What's more, pick the right course of study and when you graduate you will likely get a job that offers insurance :dance:

Been there done it ;) But as everyone knows, not everyone can/needs to go to college, goes back to this hierarchy thing I was talking about previously in society. Society needs it low income jobs, society needs the toilet cleaners, garbage-men etc etc because if we didn't have them, the country and places we visit would be unhygienic and dirty. Why should those who have low pay or cannot get jobs be exempt from receiving basic health-care? They have just as much right to basic health-care than someone at the top of the tree because they both contribute in their own way to the running of the country.

Edited by JimandChristy

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Why not go back to Jefferson's original phrase, before Frankiln wimped out in the rewrite: Life, Liberty, and Property.

Because it got rewritten.

Besides, I think the pursuit of insurance is much more apropos for our day and age. I don't need no happiness, don't need no land, just wanna find someone to share my risk with.

Go to college. If your income is low, you'll qualify for aid from the government. And once enrolled full time (at least in NJ) the college is required to offer you health coverage.

What's more, pick the right course of study and when you graduate you will likely get a job that offers insurance :dance:

Been there done it ;) But as everyone knows, not everyone can/needs to go to college, goes back to this hierarchy thing I was talking about previously in society. Society needs it low income jobs, society needs the toilet cleaners, garbage-men etc etc because if we didn't have them, the country and places we visit would be unhygienic and dirty. Why should those who have low pay or cannot get jobs be exempt from receiving basic health-care? They have just as much right to basic health-care than someone at the top of the tree because they both contribute to the running of the country.

I don't disagree with you.

However, in America as it stands today, college and a marketable degree is a good way to go.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i don't know...

but if your health & fortitude causes someone else unhappiness,

and your illness and misery causes them happiness, then you're prolly an exec at an insurance company. :)

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Why not go back to Jefferson's original phrase, before Frankiln wimped out in the rewrite: Life, Liberty, and Property.

Because it got rewritten.

Besides, I think the pursuit of insurance is much more apropos for our day and age. I don't need no happiness, don't need no land, just wanna find someone to share my risk with.

Then join a hippie commune, and visit the free clinic once a week.

Edited by Mister_Bill

i don't know...

and your illness and misery causes them happiness, then you're prolly an exec at an insurance company. :)

As they say in certain neighborhoods of the old country... inshallah :jest:

?

I thought happiness could only be found if you fitted three criteria:

1) Old

2) Male

3) Republican

I only fit one of them :(

Edited by JimandChristy

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

AJ, you mentioned earlier in this thread - that you think skill set should determine pay. What about demand? It just happens that have a consumer driven economy, which means there are more 'unskilled' jobs out there. Demand then should also effect pay. There's no reason why a cashier at Walmart can't be paid $18 an hour with benefits.

I thought happiness could only be found if you fitted three criteria:

1) Old

2) Male

3) Republican

I only fit one of them :(

Fill out the appropriate form and happiness is yours.

:D

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

i don't know...

As they say in certain neighborhoods of the old country... inshallah :jest:

?

For the penicillin shot. :whistle:

AJ, you mentioned earlier in this thread - that you think skill set should determine pay. What about demand? It just happens that have a consumer driven economy, which means there are more 'unskilled' jobs out there. Demand then should also effect pay. There's no reason why a cashier at Walmart can't be paid $18 an hour with benefits.

Pay is a function of demand, genius. It's also a function of supply. Read a book, seriously.