w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Soak the Rich, Lose the Rich (Texas has it right)

359 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I have long, dark, curly hair like Melina Kanakaredes.

Are you in to Yoga? Tae-bo (sp)? Chardonnay or Merlot?

I used to be a body builder.

Really? OMG...I think I've seen you in the magazines. Did you compete?

No competition. I did it coz I was often put into dangerous situations.

Ah, ok. But still, I imagine you could have been a model early in your career if you had chosen that route, yes? :)

I doubt it. I was a stone geek. Still am.

Stone geek? I thought you said you didn't touch pot?

Stone geek, not stoneD geek :)

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oooooohhhhhh....rad.

BW,

Hypothetically, if you, me and AJ were deserted on an island - which one of us would you most likely cuddle up with on a rainy night?

Edited by Col. 'Bat' Guano

Timeline
Stones as in the kind Andy Dufresne collected in Shawshank.

Just guessing, of course.

I've never seen that movie, but I intend to.

Oh, it's a good one.

Ok, this is where I bow out :lol:

:lol:

Ok, I'm sorry for going there.

Timeline
Oooooohhhhhh....rad.

BW,

Hypothetically, if you, me and AJ were deserted on an island - which one of us would you most likely cuddle up with on a rainy night?

I'd read to you each until you fall asleep alone. ;)

Fair enough. :) I hope it'll be something to really put me to sleep.

Timeline
Oooooohhhhhh....rad.

BW,

I'll read you my financial statements :lol:

Timeline
Oooooohhhhhh....rad.

BW,

:lol: how romantic.

Timeline
Oooooohhhhhh....rad.

BW,

:lol: how romantic.

They are to me! :wub:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
BW,

When can we see a photo of you? The mystique is driving me crazy.

:bonk: stand in line!

Ok, this is where I bow out :lol:

probably a good idea, as i see you and steve cuddling up at night on that island. :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Back to the topic in question.... ;)

BW,

What are some key components of your solution to the health care problem?

I don't believe there is a solution. There is a ying and yang to any "fix". Public control means that care is rationed, that physicians and caregivers, who undergo long years of training will be underpaid for their expertise.

I know that for you, equality means equal outcome, but in reality, it means equal opportunity to creat your own outcome. I'm totally against removing incentive for people to become doctors, scientists, pharmacists, or business owners because government intrusion becomes an overwhelming burden or an unfair competitor. I don't want that kind of America.

That's right because doctors in the UK, Canada and France are vastly underpaid :blink: Typical falsehood said by Republicans to scare people in believing Nationalised Healthcare isn't the way to go........is that how the Republican party control other people by frightening them?

A government healthcare plan open to everyone will be the death of private insurance.

Why would any company offer healthcare benefits if there was government healthcare competing with private healthcare?

Of course, the private health insurance in countries that have Nationalised Health Care are also really struggling aren't they? It wouldn't be the death of them as you like to call it, when you mean "death" I assume you mean they cannot make as much money?? Private Health Insurance will always have a market in developed countries but it shouldn't be the primary way of care. The death of them LOL, scaremongering again.

What I want is for a poor man in the ghetto and the wealthy man in the gated community to have access to comparable quality doctors in comparable facilities; and for the entire cost of everybody to be shared by society as a whole (through insurance or taxes or a combination of both).

Sorry, not gonna happen.

It can happen and it does happen in the UK, Canada and France, it won't happen because it seems to me some people can't/don't want see the bigger picture. Surely a "healthier nation" benefits that society, people mentally would be feel better about themselves and their country especially in the current climate.

For society to function you need a hierarchy, right from the man to the top to the man at the bottom of the ladder. The man/woman who's job is to clean the toilets has just as equal right to basic healthcare as a CEO of a major company. Yes they both have very contrasting jobs/skills but they are just as important as each other because they contribute to society in their own way.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Timeline

Tell us, please. What is it about the US federal government handling of finances, personal information, and managment of programs that has supporters of big government health care so convinced that they will do a great job with your health care? Is it how they've handled Amtrack, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, the postal Service, immigration, their oversight of hedge funds like Bernie Madoff's, bank failures, AIG bonuses, the Iraq war, drug cartels, the transparency of campaign contributions, corporate tax loopholes, or the adminstration of Veterans hospitals that stokes your confidence? Or is it the fact that our representative legislators have set up a better health care system for themselves than you will ever see in your lifetime? What is it that provides the definitive model driving the belief that federal management of health care is a panacea that will bring equality to all?

Personally, I'm not inspired by European attempts at equality. They're bogus. A rich European CEO can still get better medical treatment than a cleaning lady coz he can jet off to somewhere else and pay for extravagent care not limited by a board that decides who gets what and when. Did you see the tv documetary recently broadcast about Farrah Fawcett, the actress who is dying of cancer? She has a battery of physicians hovering over her, a private plane to fly her regularly between Germany and LA for expensive European medical treatments she can't get in the US. Do you think federal health care will put a stop to that and prevent the wealthy from doing what the poor and working class can't do?

Both may contribute to society, but, short of nuclear world war, they will never be equal in it. That's an immutable and inescapable fact.

Edited by Barza Woman