63 posts in this topic

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Is it an option for me to send her money (say around 10-20k)? So she will be able to put on the I-134 that she has 20000$ in her bank which should be efficient to prove that we won't become a public charge.

If assets are used they must be 3x the deficit in income. So if she makes $10,000 you would need somewhere in the ballpark of $25000 in liquid assets

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If your job continues in the US then your income could be used. But that means the same job with same employer, not a similar job.

The co-sponsor does not have to be a family member if that is your worry. It can be any USC or LPR.

Again, the form may not be required but the requirement is the same. It's 18,212 for a household of two.

If you want to apply assets the ratio is 3:1. Meaning $54,636 of assets needed.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Is it an option for me to send her money (say around 10-20k)? So she will be able to put on the I-134 that she has 20000$ in her bank which should be efficient to prove that we won't become a public charge.

with that form she will need documents to backup that form, this is where Income Tax Return come in play.. so you can't send her money, because if they ask her where did she get the money from, how can she explain that?

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OK, well she can't be the sponsor herself nor her immediate family, she lives with her mom and younger sister and her mom doesn't have a job. But she has quite a few other relatives she told me about, I guess she can put one or some of then as co-sponsor. Is that my best and only bet?

"Is your goal to immigrate to the US and marry your fiancee or just live with her??"

"I want to live with her. And we both want to live in US, not Canada"

doesn't seem like anyone has mentioned this yet, but you said that you want to move to the US and live with her. are you aware that the K-1 visa is a fiance visa? once you enter the country with the visa you will have to marry her within 90 days or else you will be out of status.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

The bank statements she must provide you for the interview will show the sudden infusion of cash transferred to that bank. The US might regard that as soft money, i.e., it can also be transferred back to where it came. Is she unwilling to find a cosponsor? If so...then maybe she's not as eager as you to wrap this up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
OK, well she can't be the sponsor herself nor her immediate family, she lives with her mom and younger sister and her mom doesn't have a job. But she has quite a few other relatives she told me about, I guess she can put one or some of then as co-sponsor. Is that my best and only bet?

If her Mom has other income (child support, social security income) you might want to check with the consulate, because that COULD be acceptable income (if its likely to continue for a while).

Edited by krystiandjon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I don't think you can have multiple co-sponsors. They don't "add up" the income from multiple people. Ultimately, one person is going to have to guarantee you, and that one person needs to meet the minimum financial requirements.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline
"Is your goal to immigrate to the US and marry your fiancee or just live with her??"

doesn't seem like anyone has mentioned this yet, but you said that you want to move to the US and live with her. are you aware that the K-1 visa is a fiance visa? once you enter the country with the visa you will have to marry her within 90 days or else you will be out of status.

By saying that I want to live with her I implied that we will get married because that's the only way for me to get permanent resident status there.

By saying that I want to live with her I implied that we will get married because that's the only way for me to get permanent resident status there.

ok just checking. i'd be careful with implying things. you'd be surprised how many people don't have any clue as to where to begin, so i was just trying to be helpful.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The sponsor isn't a name that you put on a form. The sponsor must submit tax documents, etc. for the K visa. So they must be a willing participant.

Also, a sponsor will have to submit an I-864 affidavit of support for the AOS (adjustment of status) after marriage.

Have you been able to do some reading here on VJ to familiarize yourself with the process? The Guides (tab at the top of the page) give a great roadmap.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
I sponsored my wife. And in our case the embassy required an I-134.

Regardless of the form, the sponsorship income requirement is the same everywhere. For two people it is $18,212 annual income.

Can my income be used to add up to hers?

Income needs to come from a source that will continue after entry to the USA, problem with K-Visa is that it is not a work visa so income tends to stop.

What most in your situation do is to get a co-sposor, the person who filed the I-129F needs to be primary sponsor even if has no income, and the co-sponsor also provides an I-134.

Later when adjusting status the petitioner provides a different affidavit of support (I-864) and can use a joint sponsor who also provides and I-864.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
The sponsor isn't a name that you put on a form. The sponsor must submit tax documents, etc. for the K visa. So they must be a willing participant.

Also, a sponsor will have to submit an I-864 affidavit of support for the AOS (adjustment of status) after marriage.

Have you been able to do some reading here on VJ to familiarize yourself with the process? The Guides (tab at the top of the page) give a great roadmap.

Yeah I know all about the process. But our problem is that we didn't realize that she will need to be able to support me. We were planning it more like, that we will marry and live together and start a new life.

It seems like the bottleneck here is that she needs to find a co-sponsor. But does that mean that I can't do anything but sit on my hands and hope that she will find someone who has the needed income and is willing to participate?

Filed: Other Timeline

Yeah I know all about the process. But our problem is that we didn't realize that she will need to be able to support me. We were planning it more like, that we will marry and live together and start a new life.

It seems like the bottleneck here is that she needs to find a co-sponsor. But does that mean that I can't do anything but sit on my hands and hope that she will find someone who has the needed income and is willing to participate?

If she doesn't have $55000 or so in assets, then yes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.