AKguy

The foods they made you eat... just once.

135 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
My wife is shocked at my refusal to take meditsin. She also doesn't understand how I can never be sick even though I eat lotta pizza and gamburger, don't have exercise, and always stay in wind. I drink super cold drinks, never wash my hands (I do, just not 299 times a day) and even used to wear my dirty shoes in the house.

How did I ever survive before she got here?

OH my god Slim, you are me! Until a couple days ago, I had not taken any medicine in years (after 8 days of diahierra I finally down part of bottle of the pink stuff-uuuggg). I consider Pizza fancy restaurant food, regular diet is whatever i shove in my gut, I keep my home at 68 degrees, drink a couple gallons of coke a day, I wash my hands if I ####### on them-otherwise they are clean enough, etc. I get sick once every 10 years.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife is shocked at my refusal to take meditsin. She also doesn't understand how I can never be sick even though I eat lotta pizza and gamburger, don't have exercise, and always stay in wind. I drink super cold drinks, never wash my hands (I do, just not 299 times a day) and even used to wear my dirty shoes in the house.

How did I ever survive before she got here?

OH my god Slim, you are me! Until a couple days ago, I had not taken any medicine in years (after 8 days of diahierra I finally down part of bottle of the pink stuff-uuuggg). I consider Pizza fancy restaurant food, regular diet is whatever i shove in my gut, I keep my home at 68 degrees, drink a couple gallons of coke a day, I wash my hands if I ####### on them-otherwise they are clean enough, etc. I get sick once every 10 years.

My wife never seems to understand that unless Im bleeding or the swelling doesnt go down with 2 hours of ice I wont go to the doctor.(I broke my leg playing basketball and came home and told her all I had to do was ice it for awhile and it would be fine, after 2 hours I finally went to the med center driving left footed to find out it was broken)

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Im sure everyone has a few of those.

I have a lot of those. I try to counter most with "you should have plenty of time to do all those while I'm busy working."

You know those "eight extra years" you can add onto your life with a healthy diet, exercise, etc.? Well, what they don't tell you is those are the eight years you sit in a nursing home crapping your pants and watching Donahue.

I love arguing with the "health nuts" about all kinds of things. I got into it with some folks a few weeks ago who were scared the chemicals in sunscreen were going to kill them. So they sat there and got royally sun burned...... HELLO! McFLY!!!!!!!!! When "healthy" people tell me all the ####### I'm doing to myself is so wrong, I kindly remind them of the, oh, five million years of human evolution where prescription drugs and OTC pain-killers weren't available. Somehow they survived, didn't they?

Grown people who are upset over "boo-boos" or a "tickle" in their throat are highly amusing to me. They're also the reason we have things like HUGE over-inflated government, healthcare regualtions, FDA, etc. When there's absolutely nothing in your life allowed to be discomfortable, then there's a problem. So, we'll just pass another law to make that wrong. And then we'll outlaw that because that's wrong. Vicious circle that spirals us all down the crapper.

But 8 days of diarrhea? Jeez, man! Switch from Coke to Pepsi or something! - Oh, I know what happened. You probably ate some "fresh, natural, clean" veggies free from antibiotics or chemicals.

Why is it that people who demand organic foods are the same ones that'll reach for six different types of antibiotics when they get a little sniffles?

My wife never seems to understand that unless Im bleeding or the swelling doesnt go down with 2 hours of ice I wont go to the doctor.(I broke my leg playing basketball and came home and told her all I had to do was ice it for awhile and it would be fine, after 2 hours I finally went to the med center driving left footed to find out it was broken)

"Are you hurt or are you injured?" (Bonus points for anyone who knows which movie that came from!)

That's basically how I assess any discomfort I may have. If it hurts, it needs at least three days to go away. If it's injured (like I can see something is obviously out of place) it'll get three days too, unless I can't function without it.

I've also made the drive to the ER with one leg. Luckily I had the right one good...... except I was driving a stick.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Im sure everyone has a few of those.

I have a lot of those. I try to counter most with "you should have plenty of time to do all those while I'm busy working."

You know those "eight extra years" you can add onto your life with a healthy diet, exercise, etc.? Well, what they don't tell you is those are the eight years you sit in a nursing home crapping your pants and watching Donahue.

I love arguing with the "health nuts" about all kinds of things. I got into it with some folks a few weeks ago who were scared the chemicals in sunscreen were going to kill them. So they sat there and got royally sun burned...... HELLO! McFLY!!!!!!!!! When "healthy" people tell me all the ####### I'm doing to myself is so wrong, I kindly remind them of the, oh, five million years of human evolution where prescription drugs and OTC pain-killers weren't available. Somehow they survived, didn't they?

Grown people who are upset over "boo-boos" or a "tickle" in their throat are highly amusing to me. They're also the reason we have things like HUGE over-inflated government, healthcare regualtions, FDA, etc. When there's absolutely nothing in your life allowed to be discomfortable, then there's a problem. So, we'll just pass another law to make that wrong. And then we'll outlaw that because that's wrong. Vicious circle that spirals us all down the crapper.

But 8 days of diarrhea? Jeez, man! Switch from Coke to Pepsi or something! - Oh, I know what happened. You probably ate some "fresh, natural, clean" veggies free from antibiotics or chemicals.

Why is it that people who demand organic foods are the same ones that'll reach for six different types of antibiotics when they get a little sniffles?

"Are you hurt or are you injured?" (Bonus points for anyone who knows which movie that came from!)

That's basically how I assess any discomfort I may have. If it hurts, it needs at least three days to go away. If it's injured (like I can see something is obviously out of place) it'll get three days too, unless I can't function without it.

I've also made the drive to the ER with one leg. Luckily I had the right one good...... except I was driving a stick.

This was an extremely underrated movie Slim. The Program.

Lee.gif

Is that a manual transmission or are you bragging again.

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

A GOLD STAR for lee b! Great job! :star:

It was a manual transmission.... but I didn't use my "good leg" to shift. :whistle:

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

A GOLD STAR for lee b! Great job! :star:

It was a manual transmission.... but I didn't use my "good leg" to shift. :whistle:

Sweet a gold star. I can't wait to tell my fiance that most of the stuff I know isn't stupid and it will bring me untold riches. :dance:

Lee.gif

I can't wait to tell my fiance that most of the stuff I know isn't stupid and it will bring me untold riches. :dance:
Good luck with that one. I've tried for years to convince my wife that all the useless knowledge I possess will someday become necessary but until there's any money involved, she just doesn't care!

Русский форум член.

I can't wait to tell my fiance that most of the stuff I know isn't stupid and it will bring me untold riches. :dance:
Good luck with that one. I've tried for years to convince my wife that all the useless knowledge I possess will someday become necessary but until there's any money involved, she just doesn't care!

I think we have the makings of a think tank here guys, between the three of us we must know something like 99% of the completely useless ####### that they dont even ask questions about on Jeopardy. My wife will just stare at me blankly when I start spouting off some worthless piece of info and then as soon as I stop I get the partronizing "oh thats very interesting" and then back to whatever old russian movie is on tv at the time.

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

Timeline

I think we have the makings of a think tank here guys, between the three of us we must know something like 99% of the completely useless ####### that they dont even ask questions about on Jeopardy. My wife will just stare at me blankly when I start spouting off some worthless piece of info and then as soon as I stop I get the partronizing "oh thats very interesting" and then back to whatever old russian movie is on tv at the time.

I would be insulted if it weren't true. My friends drag me to the college bars so they can win trivia at the local bars and get a free bar tab. I would be hurt, but it's the closest thing I have to a social life at the moment.

Lee.gif

Have you guys seen the Bing commercials where folks have "search overload" or whatever it is? They just start spouting off information about anything and everything?

I don't understand why Microsoft is touting that as a bad thing. It seems to me Americans would be better off if they knew a little bit more about everything as most seem pretty clueless. Just another case of the dumbing down of America.

Русский форум член.

Timeline
Have you guys seen the Bing commercials where folks have "search overload" or whatever it is? They just start spouting off information about anything and everything?

I don't understand why Microsoft is touting that as a bad thing. It seems to me Americans would be better off if they knew a little bit more about everything as most seem pretty clueless. Just another case of the dumbing down of America.

As well as the pussification of America. I apologise in advance if I have hurt anyones feelings for my previous statement.

Lee.gif

Timeline
the pussification of America

Another George Carlin fan?

Who isn't, but its just so ridiculous these days. Being PC has just gottrn out of hand in this country. Everything that is said or done has to be so measured. I am not for just blatantly offending people, but a little bit of thicker skin wouldn't hurt anybody in this country.

Lee.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
the pussification of America

Another George Carlin fan?

Who isn't, but its just so ridiculous these days. Being PC has just gottrn out of hand in this country. Everything that is said or done has to be so measured. I am not for just blatantly offending people, but a little bit of thicker skin wouldn't hurt anybody in this country.

We are in complete agreement, GROW A SET (of balls)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.