AKguy

The foods they made you eat... just once.

135 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I thought I tried the real deal in Russia, and really didn't like it. But with all of you seeming to like it I'd give it another go...

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far everything my wife has made for me and my family has been wonderful. Whilst in Irkutsk we got some smoked dry salty fish, it reminded me of chewing on my old baseball glove while playing little league(not happy memories). I at it and then had a stomach ache the rest of the day, Elena told me it was because of the weather not the fish.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Next thing they'll be having you put lettuce and tomatoes on White Castles!!!! :lol:

My wife ate White Castles once. Only once. She really loved them, they were so delicious, so juicy and tender, so good. MMMMmmmmm.

The next day she was in bed all day long with "revolution in her stum-ich."

Just don't take the pickles off!! A friend told me years ago that they were the "Stink filters". Take off the filters and those rat burgers would stink up the joint bad.

You may be onto something because I don't eat pickles and whenever I eat the rat burgers I've been known to stink up the joint pretty bad.

Oh god I forgot about the fish jerky!... Anna would laugh every time she ate it and tried to kiss me. I humored her and tried it ONCE, it was like eating a long forgotten crusty piece of fishing line in your tackle box.

I love that stuff! Only I eat the Korean version with some spicy pepper paste called go-chu-jong. The secret to fish jerky is you have to wash it down with cheap beer. The cheaper the better. And kissing women after they eat it? Try living in Korea for a little while - there's this whole thing about "something smelling like kimchi."

I thought I tried the real deal in Russia, and really didn't like it. But with all of you seeming to like it I'd give it another go...

So let me get this straight.... I'm going to put an old piece of bread in some water and let it sit for several weeks? Sure, that'll taste great, especially when it's warm. MMmmmm. Fresh bread in a drink form. Just what I always wanted!

Russians should've stopped at Vodka or Samogonka. I know they were poor and sitting around trying to think up ideas for nastiest drink, but with all the fish jerky around you'd think they could've come up with something better than bread cola.

So far everything my wife has made for me and my family has been wonderful. Whilst in Irkutsk we got some smoked dry salty fish, it reminded me of chewing on my old baseball glove while playing little league(not happy memories). I at it and then had a stomach ache the rest of the day, Elena told me it was because of the weather not the fish.

You know, when I read this, I could actually taste my old baseball glove! I was thinking like, "what the hell does a baseball glove taste...." AHA! That's it! I used to do that too. It all started with trying to tighten up that one little piece of leather strap that came out the side, then after several innings it turned into "that's my chewing strap right there." By the end of the season I think I had only one strap left. And what's really nasty is that glove got past down to all my little brothers and I don't think there are any straps left now. Eeeeewwwwww.

Of course, if you ever get sick from any Russian anything, it's not the Russian stuff that made you sick. So what if 9 pounds of mayonaise was on your salad, it's natural! You only get sick because of something wrong with America. Now shut up and drink your tea with honey. Be careful you don't drop your vodka-soaked towel or else you'll catch a wind on your neck and get more sick. Are you whistling?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
So let me get this straight.... I'm going to put an old piece of bread in some water and let it sit for several weeks? Sure, that'll taste great, especially when it's warm. MMmmmm. Fresh bread in a drink form. Just what I always wanted!

Exactly! It tasted like it needed to be baked or something! "I think it's not done brewing... maybe it missed the oven or something? If I ####### out little Kvas loafs I'm blaming you!" At least I got some humor with her explanation of Kvas, "It's beer for children". Awesome. :lol:

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Exactly! It tasted like it needed to be baked or something! "I think it's not done brewing... maybe it missed the oven or something? If I ####### out little Kvas loafs I'm blaming you!" At least I got some humor with her explanation of Kvas, "It's beer for children". Awesome. :lol:

:rofl: And here I thought 3.2% beer was the real beer for children.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We get Ochokova Kvass here in CT. It tastes pretty close to what we get in Y O (Nash Kvass). Not as sweet as most of the other options we've tried here. I still don't care for it alone, but put a big bowl of okroshka in front of me and I'm all in. :thumbs:

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We get Ochakovo kvas too. I don't find it too sweet.

February 3, 2005. Applied for K-1.

July 14, 2005. Email to NVC congressional unit

Nov 2, 2005. Letter to congressman

Nov 8, 2005. Letter from congressman

December 19, 2005. Visa interview in Moscow. (250 days at NVC)

January 27, 2006. POE: JFK.

April 8, 2006. Wedding in USA.

April 19, 2006. Apply for AOS.

July 12, 2006. AOS Interview.

February 26, 2008. Letter to congresswoman.

March 19, 2008. Conditional Permanent residence began!!

2009: Wake up and get on the uscis train again - lifting conditions

Dec 21, 2009. Eligible to apply to remove conditions

February 2010: 10-yr Green Card Received

You know, when I read this, I could actually taste my old baseball glove! I was thinking like, "what the hell does a baseball glove taste...." AHA! That's it! I used to do that too. It all started with trying to tighten up that one little piece of leather strap that came out the side, then after several innings it turned into "that's my chewing strap right there." By the end of the season I think I had only one strap left. And what's really nasty is that glove got past down to all my little brothers and I don't think there are any straps left now. Eeeeewwwwww.

Of course, if you ever get sick from any Russian anything, it's not the Russian stuff that made you sick. So what if 9 pounds of mayonaise was on your salad, it's natural! You only get sick because of something wrong with America. Now shut up and drink your tea with honey. Be careful you don't drop your vodka-soaked towel or else you'll catch a wind on your neck and get more sick. Are you whistling?

I never got to hand down my glove.

After Lena first got here we went through mayo and ketchup like it was the best thing ever. I almost cried when I took her to a nice steakhouse for a real american hunk of beef and she asked me where the ketchup was. I asked her to try it without and if she still needed ketchup I would shame myself and ask.

Lucky for me that honey makes me sicker so I dont have to have it in my tea. Of course Lena learned the first time I got sick to just leave me alone, dont talk to me, dont ask how Im feeling, just let me die in peace and tomorrow I will be fine.

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

My wife is shocked at my refusal to take meditsin. She also doesn't understand how I can never be sick even though I eat lotta pizza and gamburger, don't have exercise, and always stay in wind. I drink super cold drinks, never wash my hands (I do, just not 299 times a day) and even used to wear my dirty shoes in the house.

How did I ever survive before she got here?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

My wife is shocked at my refusal to take meditsin. She also doesn't understand how I can never be sick even though I eat lotta pizza and gamburger, don't have exercise, and always stay in wind. I drink super cold drinks, never wash my hands (I do, just not 299 times a day) and even used to wear my dirty shoes in the house.

Dumb luck I guess.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

ROFL!! God help me if I allow a cross breeze in the house in 80F heat! I'm melting into the DIVAN and she's closing all the windows!

"Did you WASH that _________ before you cooked it? Konechna lubinaya!

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I just tried the canned kvas from the Russian store. Vika says it is just barely drinkable, but really should be pumped out of a barrel. I thought the stuff tasted ok, but I wouldn't seek it out.

So, in your experience, is the canned or bottled kvas sold here comparable to the real thing?

Edited by Brad and Vika

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

OK, I just tried the canned kvas from the Russian store. Vika says it is just barely drinkable, but really should be pumped out of a barrel. I thought the stuff tasted ok, but I wouldn't seek it out.

So, in your experience, is the canned or bottled kvas sold here comparable to the real thing?

idk, but i had my first taste of kvas last night at church. what a foul, disgusting concoction. it came from a pitcher, so i'm not sure if it was canned or bottled. it's just wrong. i think the older russian ladies were offended that i gave it to my husband, but i prefer my bread in fresh, solid form.

on another note, my husband has made me two potato-based foods- one sort of potato pancake called "draniki" with shredded raw potatoes, onions, eggs, and flour fried and topped with sour cream (really good) and boiled and smashed potatoes mixed with flour and eggs and rolled into a ball before frying. this, too, was good with sour cream. seems like alot of potatoes for those who hate the term "potato-eaters!"

Its 78 degree outside at night and she wants to close the house up and turn off the fan, but honey Im hot. Too bad, she gets into bed, gets up next to me and wants to know why im sweating soo much. I kick off the covers and she tells me Ill get a sickness, I tell her I washed my hands before I got into bed Ill be fine.

I always am told to take a sick day off work when I have a headache, I keep telling her that I get paid for the days I dont use at the end of the year, that is my xmas bonus.

Other things that I do or dont do:

I never want to take a walk - I do every night at 10pm with her

I never want to spend time with my son - I am up early with him every morning I dont go to work and I play with him every night

I never listen - I listen I just dont obey

Im sure everyone has a few of those.

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

idk, but i had my first taste of kvas last night at church. what a foul, disgusting concoction. it came from a pitcher, so i'm not sure if it was canned or bottled. it's just wrong. i think the older russian ladies were offended that i gave it to my husband, but i prefer my bread in fresh, solid form.

on another note, my husband has made me two potato-based foods- one sort of potato pancake called "draniki" with shredded raw potatoes, onions, eggs, and flour fried and topped with sour cream (really good) and boiled and smashed potatoes mixed with flour and eggs and rolled into a ball before frying. this, too, was good with sour cream. seems like alot of potatoes for those who hate the term "potato-eaters!"

Draniki are one of my big favorites, but they seem to take lots of prep work (for America any way).

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.