skidoo

Very Original Situation (Please Help!)

107 posts in this topic

Actually, yes, it is shameful.

only in little narrow minds. :unsure:

let's reasonable sometimes and realistic and worried for things that matter, i mean truly matter!

did he cause trouble the the society?

Yes - a nation of laws cannot survive if you keep breaking said laws.

<snip> all ready answered.

what major crime did he commit?

USCIS takes immigration fraud pretty seroursly.

NOTHING!

Again, pointed out in the other posts, perhaps you should read them?

but he earns his life

No issues.

he is integrated

How so?

he is caring fro his mother

As everyone should do, nothing special there.

he brings his skills to the US market.

Read his posts again, he works for clients outside of the US market.

he helps other business to grow..

How so? Where did you get this info?

he spends his money for the US market.

Yay!

so he is being productive.

No issues there, but you can do it, you know, legally!

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
thanks to those who took the time to give me a honnest and constructive answer. thanks also for your support regarding my mother. you can't even imagine how hard it is to ease the life of a dying person you cherish.

to those who were kind enough to insult me or challenge the integrity of my post, you should know that all i said is true. i hope you will never face a situation where you have to take borderline decisions to protect your loved ones. finally, and as a side note to the poster who says i'm committing tax fraud, you should know this is incorrect. French expats are paid from french employers and pay taxes back in France. Maybe it's different in UK, I don't know. And as a freelance, I'm in a similar situation. My revenues are collected in France. I have the choice to either pay my taxes in France or in USA, but not in both country as there's tax agreements between the two countries. And for your info, I have paid income taxes in US back when I had my business in Hawaii, not to mention employer's taxes.

All that being said, i have to admit now this was indeed my mistake to post this thread on this forum. I should have known better, i didn't realize this was a forum strictly dealing with family-based topics. And I don't know what crossed my mind to lay down so much information about my personal story. Maybe I felt the urge a vent a little. And I guess I was feeling a bit depressed and muses guided my fingers on the keyboard.

Finaly, to those who claim I have 'insulted' them, i encourage them to check again their posts first. I dont know how it is in UK, but in France we're not carpets, if you call someone a liar, don't expect to be treated with respect.

Boy, if I knew your real name, I'd drop a dime and call the IRS in a heartbeat to report you, bub.

Never mind ICE and deportations, I'd love to see the IRS get their hooks in you.

:thumbs:

wonderful spirit. :wacko:

denoucing and enjoying to see someone in difficulties.

BRAVO!

where are the dear chistian values that are the fundation of the US society????

In god we trust.

would you have denouced jewish ppl too duyring the ww2 bc they were stealing jobs "and everything" like ppl used to htink that at time?

i bet you would have!

Edited by Ginger cat

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

thanks to those who took the time to give me a honnest and constructive answer. thanks also for your support regarding my mother. you can't even imagine how hard it is to ease the life of a dying person you cherish.

to those who were kind enough to insult me or challenge the integrity of my post, you should know that all i said is true. i hope you will never face a situation where you have to take borderline decisions to protect your loved ones. finally, and as a side note to the poster who says i'm committing tax fraud, you should know this is incorrect. French expats are paid from french employers and pay taxes back in France. Maybe it's different in UK, I don't know. And as a freelance, I'm in a similar situation. My revenues are collected in France. I have the choice to either pay my taxes in France or in USA, but not in both country as there's tax agreements between the two countries. And for your info, I have paid income taxes in US back when I had my business in Hawaii, not to mention employer's taxes.

All that being said, i have to admit now this was indeed my mistake to post this thread on this forum. I should have known better, i didn't realize this was a forum strictly dealing with family-based topics. And I don't know what crossed my mind to lay down so much information about my personal story. Maybe I felt the urge a vent a little. And I guess I was feeling a bit depressed and muses guided my fingers on the keyboard.

Finaly, to those who claim I have 'insulted' them, i encourage them to check again their posts first. I dont know how it is in UK, but in France we're not carpets, if you call someone a liar, don't expect to be treated with respect.

Boy, if I knew your real name, I'd drop a dime and call the IRS in a heartbeat to report you, bub.

Never mind ICE and deportations, I'd love to see the IRS get their hooks in you.

BRAVO!

In god we trust.

would you have denouced jewish ppl too duyring the ww2 bc they were stealing jobs and everything?

i bet you would have!

Wait - did you really pull the holocaust card on this? Really?

Wow.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline
Actually, yes, it is shameful.

only in little narrow minds. :unsure:

let's reasonable sometimes and realistic and worried for things that matter, i mean truly matter!

did he cause trouble the the society?

Yes - a nation of laws cannot survive if you keep breaking said laws.

<snip> all ready answered.

what major crime did he commit?

USCIS takes immigration fraud pretty seroursly.

NOTHING!

Again, pointed out in the other posts, perhaps you should read them?

but he earns his life

No issues.

he is integrated

How so?

he is caring fro his mother

As everyone should do, nothing special there.

he brings his skills to the US market.

Read his posts again, he works for clients outside of the US market.

he helps other business to grow..

How so? Where did you get this info?

he spends his money for the US market.

Yay!

so he is being productive.

No issues there, but you can do it, you know, legally!

wanna talk to me? ;)

well, i read half of his posts.

but he mentiuonned about an event in nyc and anyway, he develops business in us market..so if not him, the other will pay taxes to the US. trust me on that one, US giv. is not sutpid and will find a way to have its share of moeny whatever the meaning you can find to devellop a business on the US floor.

no repraoch here, fair enough.

and about legally, i guess he is legal, he has his visa until the 1st of august.

he shall find a good attorney that will find him a visa that match to his situation.

and find a way to have his mother regular too on the us floor, before it's too late.

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
you are one paranoid and stubborn english man "sir". i pity the USC who's marrying you, it must be tough living with you. if only USCIS could screen people like you, the US would be better off. thanks again for your non-sense and non-contributions. i truly don't understand what would be my interest of 'making this up' as it is a non-relevant part of my post and doesn't really explain my current situation as I'm right now under a B-1 visa anyway.

PS: learn english, it's "If this story WAS genuine".

I am sure the USCIS would love someone like me. I would love to keep the riff raff out. If your story were true, ( I am English, my language is English. I am aware of how to use my mother tongue), then I am sure it would be confiscated cigars all round for keeping out someone who is living in the US tax free, and abusing a system that is there for legitimate travellers.

I wouldn't pity the USC to whom I am bethrothed. Pity me. I am marrying a Republican.

There are plenty of people who turn up with so called legitimate tales. It's called attention seeking.

So Monsieur, you lied on your B-1 application?

Please Note: When applying for entry into the United States as a voluntary worker with a visa or under the VWP, you should furnish a letter from your U.S. sponsor which contains the following information:

Your name and date and place of birth;

Your foreign permanent residence address;

The name and address of initial destination in the U.S.; and

The anticipated duration of your assignment.

oph.. shut up please...give him a break?!

what's your problem?

ok, please don't answer, i don't want to know, in fact.

i am reading the 3 pages thread and you sound soooo OBNOXIOUS that you are losing all your credits!

what is so unbearable for you?

that he coudl find his way to stay 8 years in a place he loved when working and birning his mother over there to make it more pratical?

as far as i know iid don't commit any bad crime that could have negative on someone?

he didn't deal drugs.

he din't steal.

he didn't kill anyone iether...what's your problem?

he knew how to take adavatnege of the law..by making visas, and flights, and he is making his money by working!!!!

oh my gawd!!!! that's so shameful!!!

you sound likean i***t.

it's good to see someone looking at life with my perspective for a sec. as you say, not only i nver commited any crime, but i deeply feel i have more contributed to US economy than any of these guys will ever do. I have created jobs while in US (I had 8 employees), and paid taxes. I have paid rents for 8 years and of course sales taxes. I have never stole the job of any american, nor used the american health care system to my benefits. thus frankly, neither I nor my mother are causing any harm to anyone. and how about those lucky enough who inherit large sums of money or are retired when they're 25. shouldn't there be a visa allowing people to stay more than 6 months for those who want to spend their money in US? after all, this is all hypocritical, since as you know the "selected immigration" system is all based on money. if you invest 1 million dollar in a US-based business and hire 10 people you automatically get a green card (many rich saoudis actually do that every day to bypass the law and the USCIS is cool with it as long as cash comes in US). all i'm saying is there should be a way for those for example who want to retire in the US and spend their money (like the case of my mother) to stay here as long as they want. in florida, you have all the canadians retirees we call the winter birds here who stay exactly 180 days every year, and not a day more. i've talked to many of them, and if they could they would stay all year-round. it is absurd to set 180 days. why suddenly do they become felons on the 181st day? they are RETIREES, they're not stealing the job of anyone, for god's sake! my belief is that immigration should only be concerned with protecting: jobs of americans (enforce employer's condemnation when they hire people with non-working visa) and protect american's social services exclusivity to americans and green-card holders only. that's my take on immigration, based on simple logics. immigration laws are not meant to protect the land (there's plenty of space available in US for at least a billion persons), but to protect jobs and assets. in neither case do i feel i am commiting any harm to anyone.

Woah, Ginger cat. Really? :wow:

Shoot for the moon - even if you miss, you'll land among the stars...

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012
Received BBG from Germany in 02/2013

Passed N-400 interview and civics test 06/07/2013

Oath ceremony some time in July

[<snip>

it's good to see someone looking at life with my perspective for a sec. as you say, not only i nver commited any crime, but i deeply feel i have more contributed to US economy than any of these guys will ever do. I have created jobs while in US (I had 8 employees), and paid taxes. I have paid rents for 8 years and of course sales taxes. I have never stole the job of any american, nor used the american health care system to my benefits. thus frankly, neither I nor my mother are causing any harm to anyone. and how about those lucky enough who inherit large sums of money or are retired when they're 25. shouldn't there be a visa allowing people to stay more than 6 months for those who want to spend their money in US? after all, this is all hypocritical, since as you know the "selected immigration" system is all based on money. if you invest 1 million dollar in a US-based business and hire 10 people you automatically get a green card (many rich saoudis actually do that every day to bypass the law and the USCIS is cool with it as long as cash comes in US). all i'm saying is there should be a way for those for example who want to retire in the US and spend their money (like the case of my mother) to stay here as long as they want. in florida, you have all the canadians retirees we call the winter birds here who stay exactly 180 days every year, and not a day more. i've talked to many of them, and if they could they would stay all year-round. it is absurd to set 180 days. why suddenly do they become felons on the 181st day? they are RETIREES, they're not stealing the job of anyone, for god's sake! my belief is that immigration should only be concerned with protecting: jobs of americans (enforce employer's condemnation when they hire people with non-working visa) and protect american's social services exclusivity to americans and green-card holders only. that's my take on immigration, based on simple logics. immigration laws are not meant to protect the land (there's plenty of space available in US for at least a billion persons), but to protect jobs and assets. in neither case do i feel i am commiting any harm to anyone.

Actually, you are committing a crime.

US Code

Read this very carefully, and compare it to what you have posted here. If you really believe you are not committing a crime, then you are sadly mistaken.

You were given pretty good advice in the thread, then you turn around and try to toss in how unfair the system is, and how you contribute.

So - either you are a troll, or you looking for someone to pat you on the back and say "it's ok".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

BRAVO!

In god we trust.

would you have denouced jewish ppl too duyring the ww2 bc they were stealing jobs "and everything" like ppl used to htink that at time?

i bet you would have!

The Holocaust? hmmm... yeah, I probably would have denounced my OWN FAMILY. Right LOOOZZEEERR. You should know just a little something about someone before you go down that path.

I don't enjoy seeing OP's difficulties. Certainly I wish only the best for his mother, who seems innocent of all this.

As to him, he has brought it on himself. Actions have consequences. If he is a lawbreaker, I absolutely DO want him to be accountable for that.

By his own statements he has violated US immigration and tax law. He doesn't seem to recognize those facts. Neither do you. So what - it doesn't make it any less odious. I don't 'enjoy' that. But I do believe in rule of law, and in the enforcement of the law, and in consequences for lawbreakers.

.... Lots and lots of silly drivel deleted .....

immigration laws are not meant to protect the land (there's plenty of space available in US for at least a billion persons), but to protect jobs and assets.

One billion persons, you say? Hmm. Interesting statistic :rofl:

Timeline
Please say you are NOT comparing victims of the Holocaust to the OP.

I see some patterns. If you don't, i do...we call that "state of mind"

that's beyond my understanding that we can denouce someone for some tax matter... i read about here a guy who is baber, his fiancé was posting, and some were offended bc he didn't decalre his tips..

my gawd.

i know that iin US some ppl can make a deal about someone not cutting his grass every week...that's still beyind my understanding..

for me you denouce someone absuing about someone'les like violence, durgs whatever...

i am enough desappointed to see how can some ppl mind work.. i shall go to bed, instead of getting depressed by other litlle minds.

and for the record, i a slightly disgusted to see how some could post about truly laughable and stupid situation and received supportive posts fro most of them.

and he is mainly receiving bad posts.

i wish that ppl coudl see that the justice of ppl is far from being Justice. and they are not doing doing justice, they are just being and participating to unfairness.

ok maybe i shoudln't raise the debate on value spheres. Some don't get it...they think it's for LOOZEEER.

that's philo is for loozers.

but some lozer minds are winners in life! :P

but i might not win all the tim ein my life. :hehe:

Edited by Ginger cat

[<snip>

Actually, you are committing a crime.

US Code

Read this very carefully, and compare it to what you have posted here. If you really believe you are not committing a crime, then you are sadly mistaken.

You were given pretty good advice in the thread, then you turn around and try to toss in how unfair the system is, and how you contribute.

So - either you are a troll, or you looking for someone to pat you on the back and say "it's ok".

I get the impression that skidoo's line of thought is somewhere along the line of Piaget's bread-stealing scenario.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: Timeline
Please say you are NOT comparing victims of the Holocaust to the OP.

I see some patterns. If you don't, i do...we call that "state of mind"

that's beyond my understanding that we can denouce someone for some tax matter... i read about here a guy who is baber, his fiancé was posting, and some were offended bc he didn't decalre his tips..

my gawd.

i know that iin US some ppl can make a deal about someone not cutting his grass every week...that's still beyind my understanding..

for me you denouce someone absuing about someone'les like violence, durgs whatever...

i am enough desappointed to see how can some ppl mind work.. i shall go to bed, instead of getting depressed by other litlle minds.

and for the record, i a slightly disgusted to see how some could post about truly laughable and stupid situation and received supportive posts fro most of them.

and he is mainly receiving bad posts.

i wish that ppl coudl see that the justice of ppl is far from being Justice. and they are not doing doing justice, they are just being and participating to unfairness.

ok maybe i shoudln't raise the debate on value spheres. Some don't get it...they think it's for LOOZEEER.

that's philo is for loozers.

but some lozer minds are winners in life! :P

but i might not win all the tim ein my life. :hehe:

For the record: you must be really thick to even begin to compare the Holocaust with what the OP is talking about. If your "values" allow for such a comparison, you might want to revise them.

Timeline

oops sorry, can't edit my post to correct all the msitakes. :(

and also: i didn't mean to compare to copare skidoo to victim of halocaust of course..btu the other ugly soul to the ppl that participating in that by denouncing and they were sure that they were doing the right thing.

sending someone to difficluties whden they are just in fact doing their ways with the troubles to the society...i found that shameful.

Edited by Ginger cat

What I garner from this thread is that the OP is one those posters who get defensive and abusive when he doesn't get the kind of responses he was hoping for....this can clearly be seen from his second post on this thread.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.