skidoo

Very Original Situation (Please Help!)

107 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

VJ sheesh

everybody wants answers, but only the answers they want to hear. :wacko:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
In before the lock and honestly, I was reading this one EARLY this morning and thought I would be too late.....

I'm still waiting to see if OP returns. Do you think he dares, or have we scared him away? :devil:

You people scared him away. Anyways, I find him to be a rude person. Actually all those replied to his stupid post encouraged him further. I honestly think you are lying skidoo. Wont beat around the bush. Just because you lost some meagre amount in a business and your mom is sick, doesn't mean you have a right to by-pass the system and the law of the land. my thoughts to you is, speak to a lawyer and even before that get an appointment with a shrink. To my other fellow VJ members. He just seems to be a guy bored to the teeth and is looking for some sort of entertainment by engaging others in a useless conversation. People here have been too nice and polite to you here, and i guess that emboldened you.

IR5 For Parent

By the way, here's a little piece of advice and trick: if your E-1 is about to expire (say at 4 years and 10 months), make sure you enter US a couple months just before the deadline, and claim (if asked) that your E-1 renewal is being process your country's US embassy, but you haven't received validation yet. The officer can not refuse to let you in (since you're a manager and essential tothe business' survival) and he will likely grant you another round of 2 years, making it a total of 5+2=7 years of stay. That's what I did and it worked.

So you misrepresented yourself. It's not a "loop hole" - you lied. Grounds to deny any future dealings with the USCIS.

so my solution is to travel back and forth to Nassau and renew my VWP every 90 days.

One of the eligibility requirements is that you must not intend to visit the United States for a purpose other than tourism or a short term business visit. You are in essence, using the VWP, as a de facto green card/visa.

There is not a rule/law to state on how long you have to take between each visit, but it's up to the CBP when you attempt to enter, and rightfully so, you were denied, because of your obvious attempt to get around immigration law. Since you are practically living in the US, you should either apply for an immigration visa, or at least a visitors visa. That alone would of given you 6 months to stay, not 90 days, any intelligent person would realize that.

The next morning I went to the American embassy in Nassau and managed to get a business visa

I wonder how you got around the question of "have you ever been denied entry into the US on a previous visit?" when you applied for this visa. Also, you had to list how many times you came to the US, and what your current addresses where. You gave truthful answers, correct? or is this another one of your "loopholes"

point where she got stuck here in the US, ending up at the hospital and overstayed. We're 4 years later and she's still alive, but can't neither talk, nor walk. We have a letter from the neurologist saying she already couldn't travel by plane by 2005.

If this is true, I am sorry to hear about your trouble with your mother, however, last I checked, there are other ways to get to France, like a cruise ship. Since you go on about how free the health care is in France, why are not using that care?

So far, I'm 100% legal in this country.

No, your not. If you went to ICE/USCIS and told them of your "loophole" - you would be probably sent to deportation hearings. They take misrepresentation very seriously.

Then we move on to this;

apply for an L-1 visa. ask my partner in France to say I work with him for more than a year (which is true on and off) and 3 years later try to get a green card

How can you work for him when you are here in the US? You have to work one year abroad for the L-1, not on and off, unless you intend to misrepresent the truth, again.

4) in case results from the lottery are negative, find quickly a girl friend ready to marry me and do that in July before my business visa expire august 1st, and then seek immediate AOS. That will probably cost me big time, at least in organizing a decent wedding, not to mention all the trouble with interviews I've been told. By the way, does anyone know if the interviewer still show up at your house without notice? (as seen in countless movies). Because if so, I'm afraid they would find my 'illegal alien' mother...

Wow - so you want to do "marriage fraud" to stay in the country? That should not even be an option.

then even more;

5) Become an illegal alien and take my chance. I just moved to a new house, so I still can forward the mail from my previous address to a PO Box instead of my new address and of course not seek any job in US (which is by no means my intention anyway since I remain a freelance for good).

Again - you know you are illegal, or about to become illegal, and you want to still do that? Where did you get this MBA?

Will they deport me or put me to jail?

Short answer, probably, if they catch you. Here is the law: US CODE

I'm sorry buddy, but if you went to USCIS and told them everything you posted about in this thread, you would probably be sitting in deportation right now.

Your best bet would be to use your MBA education and go to your embassy and figure out a way to go back home legally, before you get in trouble with the USCIS.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Bobby Umit: Ha Ha...I was too lazy to reply in a fashion you did. I thank you. Atleast I was amused by the thread. I am sure his story is as fradualent as are his intentions! What surprises me is, how do such elements get by the USCIS or Immigration officers at POE. I am sure this guy won't give in and show up with some more foul langauge:)

Edited by saspak

IR5 For Parent

I'm sorry for this situation. It really looks grim. :(

Let me start by saying my Mother-in-law found and exploited a "loophole" that got my husband admitted to the US after a visa overstay when he was a kid. The government wasn't very forgiving of that, and now he is banned for life with no waiver despite having a US citizen wife and child.

For those who surmise that there is some recourse based on his mother's health, I'm sorry to say that the US immigration system is not as humane as you'd like to think. We even applied for a humanitarian parole visa for my husband based on my urgent health needs and the impossibility for me to move to Mexico with him or survive without him here in the US. Yeah, that request was denied in a record 12 days.

To the original poster, I urge you to consider your mother as your top priority here. ICE has no problem with deporting an aged and ailing immigrant, and while they are not likely to be alerted to her presence, if you were detained, it might bode badly for her.

Yes, the "simplest" solution in theory is marrying a US citizen, adjusting status, naturalizing and then petitioning your mother. That would be the only way to avoid 10-year bars and waivers of inadmissibility (which you wouldn't be able to file for your mother anyway, as it must be based on hardship to a spouse or parent of the US citizen). But in-country AOS interviews based on marriage have been notoriously challenging lately, as they try to weed out people using "loopholes" for immigration benefits.

Unfortunately the other methods all involve lying. If you admit that you have been denied admission to the US before, any DV lottery application or other visa is likely to be denied, and entering on VWP right now is fraud, even if you do so with good intentions. Please find a way to get your mother home before this all hurts her!

Due to the risk of doing things the simplest

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
you are one paranoid and stubborn english man "sir". i pity the USC who's marrying you, it must be tough living with you. if only USCIS could screen people like you, the US would be better off. thanks again for your non-sense and non-contributions. i truly don't understand what would be my interest of 'making this up' as it is a non-relevant part of my post and doesn't really explain my current situation as I'm right now under a B-1 visa anyway.

PS: learn english, it's "If this story WAS genuine".

I am sure the USCIS would love someone like me. I would love to keep the riff raff out. If your story were true, ( I am English, my language is English. I am aware of how to use my mother tongue), then I am sure it would be confiscated cigars all round for keeping out someone who is living in the US tax free, and abusing a system that is there for legitimate travellers.

I wouldn't pity the USC to whom I am bethrothed. Pity me. I am marrying a Republican.

There are plenty of people who turn up with so called legitimate tales. It's called attention seeking.

So Monsieur, you lied on your B-1 application?

Please Note: When applying for entry into the United States as a voluntary worker with a visa or under the VWP, you should furnish a letter from your U.S. sponsor which contains the following information:

Your name and date and place of birth;

Your foreign permanent residence address;

The name and address of initial destination in the U.S.; and

The anticipated duration of your assignment.

oph.. shut up please...give him a break?!

what's your problem?

ok, please don't answer, i don't want to know, in fact.

i am reading the 3 pages thread and you sound soooo OBNOXIOUS that you are losing all your credits!

what is so unbearable for you?

that he coudl find his way to stay 8 years in a place he loved when working and birning his mother over there to make it more pratical?

as far as i know iid don't commit any bad crime that could have negative on someone?

he didn't deal drugs.

he din't steal.

he didn't kill anyone iether...what's your problem?

he knew how to take adavatnege of the law..by making visas, and flights, and he is making his money by working!!!!

oh my gawd!!!! that's so shameful!!!

you sound likean i***t.

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

Timeline

So ethics have no value here. Whats right is right and whats wrong is wrong. All I see here is one frenchman standing up for another. Maybe he found a way to live in the US for 8 years and well, he fell in love with Hawaii! Let Hawaii file an I-130 for him then. If france was so great to provide free health care and business oppertunities, then how come he has been living here illegaly and breaking laws to re-enter. I think the very essence of this post has been abused and lost. We come here to share our immigration related problems and seek guidance from those who have experienced it. Not to look for ways around the System. If somebody is seeking loopholes, he/she should approach a lawyer. They'll tell you anything for a fee!!

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline

thanks to those who took the time to give me a honnest and constructive answer. thanks also for your support regarding my mother. you can't even imagine how hard it is to ease the life of a dying person you cherish.

to those who were kind enough to insult me or challenge the integrity of my post, you should know that all i said is true. i hope you will never face a situation where you have to take borderline decisions to protect your loved ones. finally, and as a side note to the poster who says i'm committing tax fraud, you should know this is incorrect. French expats are paid from french employers and pay taxes back in France. Maybe it's different in UK, I don't know. And as a freelance, I'm in a similar situation. My revenues are collected in France. I have the choice to either pay my taxes in France or in USA, but not in both country as there's tax agreements between the two countries. And for your info, I have paid income taxes in US back when I had my business in Hawaii, not to mention employer's taxes.

All that being said, i have to admit now this was indeed my mistake to post this thread on this forum. I should have known better, i didn't realize this was a forum strictly dealing with family-based topics. And I don't know what crossed my mind to lay down so much information about my personal story. Maybe I felt the urge a vent a little. And I guess I was feeling a bit depressed and muses guided my fingers on the keyboard.

Finaly, to those who claim I have 'insulted' them, i encourage them to check again their posts first. I dont know how it is in UK, but in France we're not carpets, if you call someone a liar, don't expect to be treated with respect.

Edited by skidoo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Actually, yes, it is shameful.

only in little narrow minds. :unsure:

let's reasonable sometimes and realistic and worried for things that matter, i mean truly matter!

did he cause trouble the the society?

did he steal?

did he kill?

did he do drug?

what major crime did he commit?

NOTHING!

but he earns his life

he is integrated

he is caring fro his mother

he brings his skills to the US market.

he helps other business to grow..

he spends his money for the US market.

so he is being productive.

Edited by Ginger cat

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

you are one paranoid and stubborn english man "sir". i pity the USC who's marrying you, it must be tough living with you. if only USCIS could screen people like you, the US would be better off. thanks again for your non-sense and non-contributions. i truly don't understand what would be my interest of 'making this up' as it is a non-relevant part of my post and doesn't really explain my current situation as I'm right now under a B-1 visa anyway.

PS: learn english, it's "If this story WAS genuine".

<snip>

oph.. shut up please...give him a break?!

what's your problem?

ok, please don't answer, i don't want to know, in fact.

Sure you do, that is why you posted in a public forum!

i am reading the 3 pages thread and you sound soooo OBNOXIOUS that you are losing all your credits!

Did you read the obnoxious posts made by the OP in response?

what is so unbearable for you?

That he is considering to break the law?

that he coudl find his way to stay 8 years in a place he loved when working and birning his mother over there to make it more pratical?

In all that time, he couldn't go about it the legal way?

as far as i know iid don't commit any bad crime that could have negative on someone?

Well, his "loophole" would probably deport him, misrepresenting himself and all.

he didn't deal drugs.

You don't know that, and no one said he did.

he din't steal.

You don't know that, and no one said he did.

You don't know that, and no one said he did. Problem is, he came to a website that has a TOS, which says your not suppose to go about this illegally. Look at his first post, there are three places where he promotes "illegal immigration methods"

he knew how to take adavatnege of the law..by making visas, and flights, and he is making his money by working!!!!

Ah - the meat of the problem, taking advantage of the law, can be considered illegal, in the way he is planning on doing.

Yes, as pointed out by *Len*, the OP is acting in a very shameful manner.

you sound likean i***t.

Hmm - attacking the poster, and not the post... interesting.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Timeline

he didn't deal drugs.

he din't steal.

you sound likean i***t.

Yeeehaw!!! He broke immigration legislation successfully, what an innovative and decent entrepreneur!!!

We should all write to USCIS to demand not only immediate citizenship, but make him a national hero. #######.

he didn't deal drugs.

he din't steal.

you sound likean i***t.

Yeeehaw!!! He broke immigration legislation successfully, what an innovative and decent entrepreneur!!!

We should all write to USCIS to demand not only immediate citizenship, but make him a national hero. #######.

:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
thanks to those who took the time to give me a honnest and constructive answer. thanks also for your support regarding my mother. you can't even imagine how hard it is to ease the life of a dying person you cherish.

to those who were kind enough to insult me or challenge the integrity of my post, you should know that all i said is true. i hope you will never face a situation where you have to take borderline decisions to protect your loved ones. finally, and as a side note to the poster who says i'm committing tax fraud, you should know this is incorrect. French expats are paid from french employers and pay taxes back in France. Maybe it's different in UK, I don't know. And as a freelance, I'm in a similar situation. My revenues are collected in France. I have the choice to either pay my taxes in France or in USA, but not in both country as there's tax agreements between the two countries. And for your info, I have paid income taxes in US back when I had my business in Hawaii, not to mention employer's taxes.

All that being said, i have to admit now this was indeed my mistake to post this thread on this forum. I should have known better, i didn't realize this was a forum strictly dealing with family-based topics. And I don't know what crossed my mind to lay down so much information about my personal story. Maybe I felt the urge a vent a little. And I guess I was feeling a bit depressed and muses guided my fingers on the keyboard.

Finaly, to those who claim I have 'insulted' them, i encourage them to check again their posts first. I dont know how it is in UK, but in France we're not carpets, if you call someone a liar, don't expect to be treated with respect.

Boy, if I knew your real name, I'd drop a dime and call the IRS in a heartbeat to report you, bub.

Never mind ICE and deportations, I'd love to see the IRS get their hooks in you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.