• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was accidentally born in the US, but I have no advice.

Perhaps we could share a bag of :pop: and enjoy the show.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Too early for :pop: girl, but I will say yes to some coffee

Children, do not make mommy pull this car over and seprate you's, I have a headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coffee sounds wonderful!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
From quickly reading your post and the various replies I think (been known to be wrong Ha!) that you are an intelligent educated genuine person whose life has had it's ups and downs and more recently down due to your mother becoming ill. I truly believe that seeking to stay in the US can only be achieved by legal means and the best advice you can possibly get is through a competent immigration attorney. You have to date managed from what I can gather to manipulate for want of a better word the loopholes in visas etc.

Now your time in the US living as you are, and have been, becomes all the more precarious. and to live with that shadow over you is not only uncomfortable but stressful too. I would hope there is someone who reads this post can give you the name of an attorney who could assist you. I personally have employed an attorney who was a member of the AILA who gave good advice that a previous attorney failed to. So from personal experience I know there are attorneys and attorneys. I mention the AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) for the simple reason that in being an association i would hope that they have a standard of care in regarding immigration matters and a body to whom you may address should you encounter any problems. I do not for most moment say they are better than any other immigration attorney but I do believe there is an element of standards that they adhere to.

Best wishes

Arthur and Roberta

I agree and i also wish u the best....

07.28.07---------- Met Mr Jeffs

07.28.08 --------- Married Mr Jeffs

11.13.08 --------- Mailed AOS to Chicago

12.01.08 --------- Checks Cashed

12.08.08 --------- Received NOA1

12.11.08 --------- Received Biometrics

12.12.08 --------- Bio done

03.27.09 --------- Received EAD and AP

04.07.09 --------- Received Interview Letter

05.19.09 --------- Interview

05.21.09 --------- Card Production Ordered

05.26.09 --------- Welcome Letter Received

PRAYER CHANGES THINGS .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Oh, I think I need something stronger than coffee.... and none of that VSOP French cognac stuff neither.....

Oh, I think I need something stronger than coffee.... and none of that VSOP French cognac stuff neither.....

Tequila comes to mind!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I as well think there may legal options for you based on your mother's situation, but you will definitely need a good immigration attorney to put you on the right path.

Best of luck!

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Children, do not make mommy pull this car over and seprate you's, I have a headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coffee sounds wonderful!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

But but but....she started it!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

In before the lock and honestly, I was reading this one EARLY this morning and thought I would be too late.....

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
In before the lock and honestly, I was reading this one EARLY this morning and thought I would be too late.....

I'm still waiting to see if OP returns. Do you think he dares, or have we scared him away? :devil:

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm still waiting to see if OP returns. Do you think he dares, or have we scared him away? :devil:

I doubt it.....people like him thrive on this kind of attention!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.