skidoo

Very Original Situation (Please Help!)

107 posts in this topic

PS: learn english, it's "If this story WAS genuine".

off topic, sorry.

it's a contrary to fact conditional subjunctive. were is correct in this case because it follows "if."

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
Lets all be adults here please.

Skidoo, I am thinking there are other options for you based on your mothers sickness. They might not be perm solution but they might get you by for the last few years your mother has to live. I am sure the US goverment is well aware of your mothers overstay. I am sure there are some humanitarian reasons they would let you stay till her end, your her primary care giver, I know they dont want to foot the bill on 24/7 care, who knows by that time maybe you would meet a woman and fall in love and then stay legit. You should consult either the french embassy or a attny. The US goverment is not a total heartless monster. Good luck.

at last one decent answer. many thanks for your support and advice. frankly, calling the french embassy never really crossed my mind. i will definitely give it a try and see what they say. thanks again for your kind words.

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
PS: learn english, it's "If this story WAS genuine".

off topic, sorry.

it's a contrary to fact conditional subjunctive. were is correct in this case because it follows "if."

you are right, sorry. but still, the sentence was incorrect: "If this story were genuine, and it was my mother, " it should have been also: "and it WERE my mother" since it also follows "if". One way or another, there was a mistake.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

I'm sorry for your situation, but I don't think people here can really help you, since this is a family-based immigration community (as in family relationships between USCs/LPRs and those from other countries). If I were you, I would contact a decent lawyer (making sure they are experienced in immigration law), the French authorities and also check out some more general US immigration forums, eg britishexpats.com (I know you are not from the UK, but it is still helpful) and immigrate2us.net to get better advice about any other visa options available to you (eg DV lottery, other business visas), which seem to me your best option right now. I would also put any thoughts of anything illegal (eg marrying *just* for a GC, becoming an illegal alien) out of your head, as if caught you face severe consequences and possibly never being able to live in the US again - whatever you may think of the attitudes of people here against visa fraud, surely the possible consequences are reason enough if you really want to stay here and take care of your mother. Good luck!

Removing conditions:

10/9/10 - Package sent to Vermont

10/13/10 - NOA1 date, received 10/18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I am sure the USCIS would love someone like me. I would love to keep the riff raff out. If your story were true, ( I am English, my language is English. I am aware of how to use my mother tongue), then I am sure it would be confiscated cigars all round for keeping out someone who is living in the US tax free, and abusing a system that is there for legitimate travellers.

I wouldn't pity the USC to whom I am bethrothed. Pity me. I am marrying a Republican.

There are plenty of people who turn up with so called legitimate tales. It's called attention seeking.

So Monsieur, you lied on your B-1 application?

Please Note: When applying for entry into the United States as a voluntary worker with a visa or under the VWP, you should furnish a letter from your U.S. sponsor which contains the following information:

Your name and date and place of birth;

Your foreign permanent residence address;

The name and address of initial destination in the U.S.; and

The anticipated duration of your assignment.

i don't even know where to start as you're actually ending up being close to pathetic at this point. don't you have better things to do?

1) There are tax agreements between France and the US, and you can't pay taxes twice on your revenues. therefore i'm not living in the US "Tax free". And I pay US sales taxes like everyone else here.

2) I still own an appartment in Paris (that I rent to my young cousin) and which is also my tax domiciliation. I don't recall being asked for my address abroad when applying for my B-1 visa while in Nassau, but if this was a field to fill in the application form, then I certainly provided them with my address in Paris. Call it a lie if you want, that's not what I think. A "permanent residence" in France is the location where your tax forms are mailed to. But I know where this is going and you're gonna tell me that a permanent residence is technically where you do live 181 days a year. Except that no one can verify where you actually spend your time. Except maybe in the world you want to see your children grow. If your wife is a republican, you shouldn't be pitied, you're actually a perfect match. and let me guess, you're wearing a skinhead too? i'm sure our president would appreciate your racist analogy to riff-raffs. i don't know in UK, but in US a riff-raffs are dominican-decent immigrants.

why don't you directly seek an internship at the Mexico/Texas border control unit instead of poluting my post? i'm sure it'd suit you perfectly.

Skidoo, Thank you for the insults. It demonstrates what kind of person you are. I still do not believe you are a genuine poster, and you are commiting an offence, and am entitled to do so. I have not made any personal assault on you, or resorted to racial stereotypes. In fact, all I have done is to point out glaring holes in what you have said about renewing your Visa at Nassau.

If, as you say, you are genuine, then I am surprised a man of your education has not pursued this with those with legal knowledge of immigration laws. I work internationally, and have within my network those with knowledge of such things, and would have no problem in asking them for counsel on such a delicate matter. I did suggest that you make haste to your Embassy, but alas you ignored that tasty morsel.

So, I will address the question as I would do so to a genuine poster.

Contact the French Embassy. I am sure they would help in finding the best care for your mother, either in the USA or work out some way to return your mother to France.

Speak to an immigration lawyer. For such a complex situation only real legal advice will do. After all, "I read it in a forum" is not going to cut the mustard with USCIS.

I claim it in the name of the Empire

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Unless you work for the USCIS, I think you should chill a little my friend. Life will eventually teach you that there's nothing to be taken truly seriously but death. We all live in one world and I personally feel that as long as I'm not stealing the bread of anyone, I don't see why couldn't I stay in any country of my choice. After all, I didn't create these borders. That's just my personal opinion on immigration though.

Just so you know, what I told that officer wasn't really a lie since at that time, I was actually seeking to transfer my business to Florida so I indeed had a file in US embassy in Paris to seek re-instatement of my E-1 visa, since the trustee couldn't manage to sell-off my inventory of shoes and offered me to buy them out.

And I've read threads on this board way more borderline when it comes to what you call "marriage fraud". Thus unless this is your forum (which is possible the case but if so what are you doing in Thailand???) you should relax a little or check out other threads way more problematic with this board's terms in my opinion...

Go get maybe a thai massage first, and let's have an adult conversion thereafter if you will.

Peace.

one last thing uscandual: since you seem to know it all, how come I can't edit my original post anymore? If only for one thing, to remove the parts that got you all concerned with the board's TOS. Is there a time limit to edit one's post? Or did you block perhaps me that feature on purpose? Please explain.

I don't work for USCIS. I don't run this website, I'm a member here just like everyone else. I am not in Thailand. I am in the US my fiancee is in Thailand. This site is dedicated to family-based immigration (just look at the tagline for VisaJourney).

toplogo.gif

Seriously, you've come to the wrong place. Asking VJ members for advice on how to violate immigration laws so that you may stay in the US by hook or by crook is akin to burglarizing a house, and then asking the homeowner if he knows any good places where the stolen goods can be fenced. Criminy, man! Think for a second who you've come to ask your questions. We are all patiently waiting in line (some of us for very long times) to navigate the system legally and be with our loved ones. How do you expect us to react to people who think the rules simply don't apply to them? Darn right we'll lose our cool with the likes of you!

You talk about other threads - sure, you are not the first to innocently traipse into here expecting sympathy for a proposed plan to defraud the system.

Here was the case of the Filipina who wanted help because she was still married to a previous husband when she filed for her K-1 visa - boy was she taken out to the woodshed! (In her case I was much more gentle than the consensus of VJ - I gave her the benefit of the doubt that possibly she really did not have the intent of cheating the system. Others were far less kind).

Or perhaps you prefer this case of the scammer who wanted to have two guys "bidding" for the right to petition her K1 simultaneously! LOL, that was a very entertaining case.

This thread has the potential to make its way into the ranks of 'All Time Doozies' of immigration scam attempts. Keep it up, you're on a roll.....

I am afraid you are incorrect.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-li...tryRequirements

You still never mentioned where your taxes go to either.

this article has obviously only been updated about the swine flu. what they state in there is an old article taken from the old specs of USCIS's website. It is NOT current. If you don't believe me, go on forums related to travel to the bahamas. Or simply call any airline going to Nassau, like Bahamasair or JetBlue. When I left in February (and the 3 times prior that), they always have taken my i-94 slip. now can we move on?

Since you're so interested I pay my taxes in France since my freelance business is registered in Paris and I'm a french citizen. I have no revenue in the US, and frankly am not seeking any given the terrible exchange rate USD/EUR.

In other words, all I do now is spend my money earned abroad in the US. PRetty much like a tourist. Same applies to my mother as her pension is paid by french govt. Our money goes to french bank accounts and I process bank wires on a monthly basis towards my account at bofa.

So now in addition to immigration abuse, you are freely admitting to tax fraud. The IRS is not going to see your business affairs the way you do. If you are physically present in the US, and deriving income from a business that you operate while in the US, your income is taxable in the US. That is true regardless of whether your customers are overseas, your income is deposited into a bank overseas, you pay tax to a foreign authority, or your own personal status in the US is legal or illegal. Regardless of ANY of those things, your income is subject to US taxes and you are required to file a tax return with the IRS declaring your total income. You will most likely be entitled to adjustments for foreign taxes paid to France, but you most certainly do not have the right to decide for yourself that US tax law does not apply to you. Appparently you feel that no laws whatsoever in this country apply to you.

Regarding your mother - I feel compassion for her plight. But she is not likely to be an excuse for you to claim immigration benefits. This would be rather like the person who kills his parents and the pleads mercy from the court because he's an orphan (I'm not saying that's what you're doing of course - that's just an analogy to the line of reasoning you are using).

ICE and immigration authorities take these matters seriously. There are many cases where illegals in this country are deported even when they have young children born in the US who are US citizens and are entitled to stay here. These families then face the choice of having to take the children out of the country with the deported parents, or leave the children behind thereby separating the families. Rarely if ever are these situations granted a reprieve for the illegal parents to stay. In your case, both you and your mother are here on at best questionable legal status. You really need experienced legal assistance NOW. That, or just pack up and leave of your own accord.

:pop:

Shoot for the moon - even if you miss, you'll land among the stars...

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012
Received BBG from Germany in 02/2013

Passed N-400 interview and civics test 06/07/2013

Oath ceremony some time in July

Skidoo mon ami, you can't always translate what you would say in French one to one into English... It doesn't come out right most of the time lol Sorry, I learned that the hard way myself.

I definitely second rmncm's answer and would try to contact your local French Embassy to see what your legal ;) options are.

Good luck!

To see our DCF interview experience at the US Embassy in Bern, Switzerland go to:

http://www.kamya.com/interview/ -- Switzerland 3 / Don & Jacky

ohai... I have broken the law for a while. How can I carry on deceiving immigration authorities? Oh, and the IRS as well? And please do not be mean to me, mmm'kay?????

#######.

non....I have not broken the law!

I have never commited any visa fraud!!! I simply have used a loophole. This is way different

its not merde its caca'...this is way different!

#######?!? indeed sister Len

Edited by Minya's wife
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Timeline
ohai... I have broken the law for a while. How can I carry on deceiving immigration authorities? Oh, and the IRS as well? And please do not be mean to me, mmm'kay?????

#######.

non....I have not broken the law!

I have never commited any visa fraud!!! I simply have used a loophole. This is way different

its not merde its caca'...this is way different!

#######?!? indeed sister Len

pardonez moi.... FAIL. :rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.