chlizhall870

My US BF wants me to get a tourist visa to visit him

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

can anyone help me with my problem? i met my bf online we were talking for about 6mos. now and he wants me to get a tourist visa from philippines to US and i told him that it's not easy,he said he'll pay for everything as i don't have any properties,my mom does and the problem is im a nurse here in phils.,i stopped working because i've just taken my nclex exam. What should we do? is there a way i could get a tourist visa with his help? thank you.

im sorry i just don't know where to post this one.. thank you for reading and hoping for your answers.

I suspect you will have a hard time getting a visa, and possibly even getting in the US past CBP if you manage to get a B visa. The lack of property and the fact you are in a relationship with an American and living in a high fraud country will make it tough.

CBP will assume any single Philippine female coming to the US is coming here to immigrate. Sorry but that's the reality.

You should get him to visit you.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

can anyone help me with my problem? i met my bf online we were talking for about 6mos. now and he wants me to get a tourist visa from philippines to US and i told him that it's not easy,he said he'll pay for everything as i don't have any properties,my mom does and the problem is im a nurse here in phils.,i stopped working because i've just taken my nclex exam. What should we do? is there a way i could get a tourist visa with his help? thank you.

im sorry i just don't know where to post this one.. thank you for reading and hoping for your answers.

Not much chance you'll be able to get a tourist visa unless you have GOOD reasons you HAVE to return to the Philippines.

You have to show USEM evidence YOU can pay for EVERYTHING.

Tell him to jump on a plane and come over and learn a bit about the Philippine cultural and meet your friends and family. If he can't do that dump him.

Nurses are in BIG demand for American puti.

Hopefully you don't live in some place like Cotobato where the MILF are active.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

My friend, a Nurse applied for a tourist visa. She had an invitation letter from a relative in the US, had land tittle certificate, bank account that shows significant amount of money ,car ownership certificate registered under her name, business permit registered under her name... all these were presented when she had her interview. On her first interview, the Filipino screener encircled the "RN " on the profession part of her application and when the CO interviewed her, she asked, " So, You are a Nurse?" , she replied "yes". No further questions asked, her application was denied.

Another case, a friend of mine, also a Nurse (second courser). She did not disclose her RN degree, her tourist visa application was granted. I don't know what the future holds on her in relation to her future immigration concerns. If I were to consider the promising Nursing career in the US, I would say, to not disclose the RN degree is something I am not willing to compromise.

If I were on your shoe, I will ask my guy to come visit me here in PI. If his intentions are true and sincere, no matter what and how much it cost him he will do everything that is right for the relationship. He might have a valid reason to not able to come visit you here but as the saying goes "Love can move mountains", " Hahamakin ang Lahat Masunod Ka Lamang" otherwise, it's not love?If there's a will, there's always a way. For me, love suffice to entice the "will". (Just my opinion) :star:

Not much chance you'll be able to get a tourist visa unless you have GOOD reasons you HAVE to return to the Philippines.

You have to show USEM evidence YOU can pay for EVERYTHING.

Tell him to jump on a plane and come over and learn a bit about the Philippine cultural and meet your friends and family. If he can't do that dump him.

Nurses are in BIG demand for American puti.

Hopefully you don't live in some place like Cotobato where the MILF are active.

I agree with 'HAOLE', convince him to come to PHIL. to visit you and you both then decides what is the best to do. And read more here @ vj forum to get more infos. specially about immigration.

907471zvq5r9nd85.gif

spiritual-quote_9.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

From what I read here, your chances of getting a tourist visa are very slim. But for $131 for each attempt you can try all you want. Denials of tourist visas have no affect on other visas (if for the usual reasons) so tell him to send a bunch of money and go for it. Once he sends enough to pay for HIM to come to the PI's he will figure it out.

Of course, in order for you to proceed with any type of family based visa you are going to have to meet in person. Pursueing an online realtionship with someone unable or unwilling to "come and get it" is best kep to the "pen pal" level.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Even the single women with good jobs and family responsibilities in the Phils are being denied tourist visas. You must own your own home, at least, and even then because you are single it may be impossible. Too many single Filipinas fail to return to their country after entering the U.S. Your BF must come visit you.

It is very difficult to get visit/tourist visa. I try it once but I got denied and most of the applicants ahead of me we're denied too. Most of them are manager, retired policeman, retired teacher and I'm only ordinary citizen are all denied. I presented a proof that someone invited me to join them for Christmas and they will support me for the visit. The one who helped me for my application said I might get a visa and at the time of my interview I was denied. The blue slip indicated that I will not return to PI. That was the first move we made. At least I tried it.

2008 K1Timeline:

I-129F Application

10/25 Received letter from USEM

11/21-11/22 Med Exam

12/02 Interview date, 7AM (Approved)

12/10 Visa on Hand

Date & Place of POE: 12/17 Detroit

03/10/09 Wedding

2009 AOS / EAD / AP Timeline:

4/07 Mailed AOS Package

4/08 Package received

4/14 Cashed Check/

4/18 Biometrics I-485

4/29 Biometrics done

5/02 CSC Transferred

5/05 I-485 Touched (This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)(30 days)

5/12 I-485 Touched

5/15 EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approval notice sent

5/18 EAD/AP Touched

5/20 Touched

5/21 AP Received by Mail (44days)

5/22 EAD Received by Mail (45days)

6/25 GC card production ordered!

6/30 Welcome Letter notice received dated 6/26

7/07 Approval notice sent

7/08 GC received by mail

2012 N-400 Timeline:

5/22 Sent

5/30 Cashed Check

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
It is very difficult to get visit/tourist visa. I try it once but I got denied and most of the applicants ahead of me we're denied too. Most of them are manager, retired policeman, retired teacher and I'm only ordinary citizen are all denied. I presented a proof that someone invited me to join them for Christmas and they will support me for the visit. The one who helped me for my application said I might get a visa and at the time of my interview I was denied. The blue slip indicated that I will not return to PI. That was the first move we made. At least I tried it.

hello,

I'm agree about all things I read, and I wanted to give my opinion, like I felt it- but with no desire to hurt you

I felt a little ''disturbed'' when I read your post-

I said myself if a man told me that, I will replied him ''come and see me''- I'm a little ''old game'' and I think that it can be a little dangerous for a woman, to go to a foreign country, to visit a man, who insisted to pay a ticket for her, and insisted for her to have a visa that maybe he knows it's difficult to have- I will flee.

Or I will more propose him to come to my territory (= to see my friends, culture, my life.....) and be vigilant and analyse him, in a place that I can ''control'' or ''handle''.

If he doesn't want to come to my country to see me (He is supposed to love me and wants to marry me), I will know what that does mean.

Sorry, I'm a little tough, I'm simplified things, because when you love you don't watch who can go and see the other one, but the way you presented your story seems like he asked you to ''come and visit him''- and I have the feelings that somewhere something is non correct.

I wish you good luck with all my heart and trust your ''little voice''.

Miduvil

ERM - I will echo the above, but you just met this person 6 months ago, online, and he want's to pay for everything for you to come to the US as a tourist, and you never met him in real life?

Raises a red flag to me.

Why doesn't he use his money to come visit you and your mother in person first? Since it's easier for him to travel to the PI than it is for you to travel to the US.

Real world that is the way it should happen. Next time you chat with him, ask him to come to you, and see what he says...

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline
insisted for her to have a visa that maybe he knows it's difficult to have

Don't assume HE KNOWS that it is difficult for someone to get a Visa. To be honest I had no idea it was hard for someone to get a Tourist Visa to come to the US until after the first time I started looking into having her come here. It never crossed my mind that someone would have difficulty coming to the US if they were invited by a US Citizen. Being it is so easy for a US Citizen to visit other countries, we don't think about it being difficult the other way around, until we start the process, and then realize it is an entirely different story coming from other countries to the USA.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Being it is so easy for a US Citizen to visit other countries, we don't think about it being difficult the other way around, until we start the process, and then realize it is an entirely different story coming from other countries to the USA.

Maybe true for the Phillipines, but not gernerally true.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.