MapleLeafBaby

So Excited!!!

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I WISH we were buying a house together. You all are so lucky to have someplace you can "build" together with your significant others. Originally, that was the original plan... to buy a place together here in Michigan. But, unfortunately, the economy the way it is in Michigan, no one is buying and the area where I am, the value has dropped over 50%. *sigh* So, we're staying put. Eventhough we'd be able to find something AMAZING for a terrific price, we'd have to sell my place first. That's not going to happen anytime soon. I guess we'll have to wait for five years, until we move back to Arizona. God only knows what we'll have to deal with at that point in our lives! Kid(s)? Citizenship? Me finding a new job 1600 miles away... good grief. The economy and job outlook HAS to be better by then!! :)

So true. Dr. Phil did a segment on Michigan and the economy. He said it was really bad cause of the auto industry. I think it's wise to do what is smart financially. In the long run, you'll be better for it.

We had no choice, cause my fiancé lived in a 1 bedroom condo. That was not gonna cut it for us and a 5 year old! Lol'! He got lucky, he placed an add on Craigs List and rented out his place on a two year lease! He would have taken a hit if he sold it now too.

I got lucky last year when I decided to sell my house. Everyone was telling me to wait until closer to the move. I sold before prices dropped. All my old neighbours are now selling for almost $100k less than what I did. So what if I had to rent for a year, I don't regret it.

We decided to spring for the house now and for go a big wedding or honeymoon. I guess in this economy, everyone has to make sacrifices. We'll just have to honeymoon next year :)

Sounds like you two were definitely in the right place at the right time and so was your fiance's timing for placing the ad on his condo! That is truly fabulous! A two-year lease... perfect! Yeah, I can't even imagine life in a one BR condo, let alone with a 5 year-old! :girlwerewolf2xn:

If I would have sold about 18-21 months ago, I would have made almost $100 grand on this place! But, it is what it is. :cry:

Taking a trip later on is really a smart way to go. Always go for the real estate... countries and cities and tourist locations will always be there. They're not going anywhere! Even if there is no "Big, Fat, Greek Wedding" Party now, we still want pics from the beach wedding!!!!! :pop: We'll just sit here and wait for 'em! :P

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Yes big wedding are nice, but small ones are just as memorable..and just think you can sit in your new house and enjoy those wedding pictures! We are doing the Vegas thing. I want to spend the money on the house. I waited to sell my places. They went on the market days after I came back from Montreal. Hopefully they won't take long to sell. You will have to post some pictures Poprocks!

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

You girls are right :)

And after all, our relationships are unique. Not everyone falls in love and endures a long distance relationship....small weddings, big weddings, house or condo, we are just blessed to finally be with our true love and finally start our lives together. I tell my fiancé everyday, as long as we have our health and I have his love, I could care less where we married or if we lived in a box! Lol'!

I think other people around us truly don't understand the the sacrifices we make and what we have gone through for the sake of our relationships :)

I'm just elated to have been granted my visa and finally be 'allowed' to be with my fiancé :)

We are pretty lucky, aren't we? :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
You girls are right :)

And after all, our relationships are unique. Not everyone falls in love and endures a long distance relationship....small weddings, big weddings, house or condo, we are just blessed to finally be with our true love and finally start our lives together. I tell my fiancé everyday, as long as we have our health and I have his love, I could care less where we married or if we lived in a box! Lol'!

I think other people around us truly don't understand the the sacrifices we make and what we have gone through for the sake of our relationships :)

I'm just elated to have been granted my visa and finally be 'allowed' to be with my fiancé :)

We are pretty lucky, aren't we? :)

Amen sister! Very well put. I'm having a hard time with a lot of my friends and family members who just don't understand the sacrifice. I'm done trying to make them understand... I know what I want and I'm going after it! We all worked so hard to be with our SO's, and in the end that's all we really wanted. The details will take care of themselves... in time. Right now I'm just trying to put everything into perspective!

Everyone has their priorities right? I want the nice wedding and the honeymoon and I'm wiling to live in my in laws basement so I can have both of those things. For others, the reward of a house is more than worth forgoing the other two things. I think the fact I'm so young shapes the way I look at it... I have forever to settle down in my dream house with the white picket fence and the 2.5 kids. With that said... I'd still love, love, love to have my own place... I'm just not willing to make the sacrifices for it yet. I suppose that's my immaturity! My fiance on the other hand... He wants a house really bad.

I agree. This past year, as the move got closer, I began to see the true colours of many people around us. Family and friends who are truly happy, others that are selfish or jealous...in the end I'm thankful to have those around me that are 'true'

And it's so true, we are all at different stages of our lives. For me and my fiancé, we are in our 30's and 40's, second time around for me and more established in our careers etc... For us the focus is on his business, and my son, schooling etc.... For now, we are willing to sacrifice big travel and the extra 'frills' in life for the security and stability of building our family...hopefully once we get settled and the economy gets better, we can start endulging once again.

I would take cooking dinner for my husband and relaxing with tea afterwards, over a big night out to dinner, drinks etc... I feel like I'm so over that...don't get me wrong, we'll still try and keep it fun etc....but I enjoy just spending time with my family.

I'm the type of person that likes having family around. I've never lived alone...I don't cope well lol'! Haha! :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

YAY Congrats on the house!

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Awww, thanks. Yeah, makes me happy about my mom :)

The other house we were looking at was in Delaware, cause my fiancés practice is in DE...but now we get to stay in PA and I can still drive down the street and shop in DE tax free! :)

And Jill, you can still give me PA advise ;)

July bride, looks like we will marry end of June and file in July, so we will be at the same stage! We can chew our finger nails together! Well it's not that bad this time around cause now we are with our hunny's and waiting it out together :)

Yeah!! Congrats on the house!! All you PA people come to DE to shop :) LOL Can't say I blame you I would do the same thing!!

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-16

CHECK CASHED: 2008-12-18

TOUCHED: 2008-12-23

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-04-06

NVC Left : 2009-04-13

Consulate Received : 2009-04-15

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-04-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-23

Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 2009-04-27

Medical : 2009-04-27

Packet 4 Received : 2009-06-08

Interview Date : 2009-07-08 Approved!

Visa Received : 2009-07-10

US Entry : 2009-07-16

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : Church Wedding and Celebration on November 14, 2009.

Having civil wedding because need AP for trip to Ireland planned December 2009, couldn't risk not being able to go so civil wedding before the church wedding.

AOS, EAD and AP

CIS Office : Dover DE

Date Filed : 2009-07-29

Check Cashed: 2009-08-07

NOA Date : 2009-08-06

RFE(s) :

Received Bio Appt Notice: 2009-08-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-08-31

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-24

Interview Date : NONE

AP/EAD Approved: 2009-09-21

AOS Approved:2009-10-02

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Ohhh how exciting poprocks!! Now the fun part begins :) I have been on a decorating binge since I got here. Have fun!!

September 11th, 2004 - Met in Asia

May 2007 - Engaged in Hawaii!!

June 2008 - I-129F Petition

June (I think) 2008 - NOA1

October 2008 - NOA2 (P3 sent to wrong consulate by accident)

December 2008 - NON-legal wedding ceremony in Honduras

January 19th, 2009 - P3 finally arrives to correct consulate AND me!!

January 19th, 2009 - "Overnighted" P3 back same day. I am so efficient!!

January 23rd, 2009 - Montreal finally gets it. "Overnight" my a**!! Money refunded to me from Canada Post...ASAH!

March 27th, 2009 - Notified by phone call of interview date

March 31, 2009 - Interview Letter received in mail (P4)

April 6th, 2009 - Medical

April 17th, 2009 - Interview!!!

April 27th 2009 MOVED POE - Buffalo Peace Bridge

May 1st 2009 - Married!!

May 18th - SSN arrived in mail

AoS:

May 14th, 2009 - Filed for AoS - Come on NOOOO RFE'S!!!

May 22nd, 2009 - NOA1 for AoS, AP, EAD - California Service Center. ASAH

May 30th, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received for I485, I765 (where is the I131????)....date June 12th. 2009

June 2nd, 2009 - Biometrics completed

June 15th, 2009 - EAD Card production ordered!!

June 20th, 2009 - AP, EAD arrives in mail! (no email from CRIS)

July 2nd, 2009 - AOS Transferred to California

August 7th, 2009 - Green Card production ordered. WoohoO!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.