CaptainRubyHeart

Contemplating Divorce

102 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
You know, i'm all about the honesty thing too - however, as you mentioned in the first line - you don't know her (or him), that is why perhaps it would have been wiser to temper your thoughts a bit.

Agreed it was typed without being able to convene the subtleties of emotion and nuance of phrasing. The difficulties of posting in a forum.

Now i'm not saying that you shouldn't be able to say what you think - i'm just saying HOW do you know, in this particular case, that your analysis of her Husband is correct? Sure maybe there are signs pointing to him perhaps feeling this way - but you state their marriage is over, i'm just saying that, in my opinion, it is a pretty big jump to make.

Absolutely, positively, do not know.

At the advice of his mom, he has agreed to come back to Houston on Saturday. I suggested that we go to marriage counseling to try to work things out. He agreed that counseling is a good idea, but said that he’d be going to “end things right” between us rather than to try to improve our marriage.

Although reading that statement, it looks pretty fatalistic at that point. It does sound like he has made a decision. Of course I am reading between the lines, didn't hear the conversation, don't know all the facts, etc...

A few weeks ago you posted about your own relationship, you got kind and helpful answers. Anyone could have said, at any time - you know - she is just not that in to you.

And if they had, I would have read it, decided the merit of the comment and moved on.

Initially when I read your story I thought hmm, she doesn't sound too interested

Thanks for your opinion.

The fact is we didn't and don't know your personal relationship - you two talked and you worked it out.

Perhaps Ruby and her Husband will as well.

Hopefully they will work things out.

Edited by easytarget

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Fair enough Kathryn. Pertinent note though: when people post intimate and personal details about their lives in a public online forum; it is them who are making their lives a spectacle. kthxbai

Oh Len, regardless of the person making themselves a "spectacle" as you state we should still honor their request and leave out the disrespectful remarks. We have to learn to care. Especially in such a sensitive situation. CRH had a traumatic experience and some do not understand what she is going through yet they make harsh comments. We have to know when to say what and in this case we need to give advice that will help and not make things worst.

STANLEY & KAREN
01/15/2009 - Fedex I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, G-325A
01/20/2009 - Received in mail-room and signed for by J CHYBA
01/28/2009 - Checks cashed by Homeland Security
02/02/2009 - Received in mail 3 pcs of NOA1 one each for I-485, I-130, I-765 dated 01/28/2009
02/03/2009 - Received email RFE. What did I not send now, whew!
02/09/2009 - Received mails for initial evidence and Biometric appointment (02/19/2009); mailed evidence
02/19/2009 - biometrics done - in a out in 45 minutes
03/14/2009 - Receive NOA2 dated 03/10/2009. AOS interview April 29, 2009
03/18/2009 - Touched. EAD Card production ordered
03/25/2009 - Touched. EAD approval sent
03/27/2009 - EAD card received in the mail; applied for SS# immediately (office is across the street from my home)
04/02/2009 - Received SS# in the mail
04/29/2009 - Interviewed. I- 130 approved, I-485 pending IO's review
05/05/2009 - Received NOA2. Welcome letter for Permanent Residency. I-130 and I-485 approved 04/30/2009
05/08/2009 - Touched. I-485 approval letter sent
05/11/2009 - GC received in the mail. Expires 2019
05/11/2009 - Applied to remove restrictions on my SS Card
05/18/2009 - Received unrestricted SS card

10/13/2009 - My darling husband of 2 yrs 5 months 3 weeks 3 days passed away :(

Naturalization Process (5 Yrs Later) :goofy:

Mar 28, 2014 - Mailed N-400
Apr 08, 2014 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2014 - Receive Notice letter Priority date April 3, 2014
Apr 11, 2014 - Touched - Email - Biometrics letter mailed
May 08, 2014 - Biometrics done
May 12, 2014 - Touched - Email - In line for interview scheduling
July 12, 2014 - Pre-interview letter (Yellow letter) received in mail
Aug 20, 2014 - Touched - Email - Interview scheduled
Aug 25, 2014 - Interview scheduled for Sept. 24, 2014
Sept 24, 2014 - Passed interview
Oct 06, 2014 - Touched - Email - In oath scheduling que
Oct 08, 2014 - Touched - Text - Oath ceremony scheduled
Oct 14, 2014 - Received letter - Oath ceremony Oct 28, 2014
Oct 28, 2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN! :joy: :joy: :joy:
Nov 12, 2014 - Updated my status from permanent resident to citizen at Social Security
Nov 14, 2014 - Applied for US passport
Nov 29, 2014 - Received US passport book
Dec 01, 2014 - Received Passport card
Dec 04, 2014 - Received Naturalization Certificate

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

Fair enough Kathryn. Pertinent note though: when people post intimate and personal details about their lives in a public online forum; it is them who are making their lives a spectacle. kthxbai

Oh Len, regardless of the person making themselves a "spectacle" as you state we should still honor their request and leave out the disrespectful remarks. We have to learn to care. Especially in such a sensitive situation. CRH had a traumatic experience and some do not understand what she is going through yet they make harsh comments. We have to know when to say what and in this case we need to give advice that will help and not make things worst.

I thank you, kcoyclay1, for your sensitivity and understanding.

Well, it is almost time. In a few hours I will be picking up Sean from the airport. It will be the first time we've seen each other in three weeks, and the first time we've spoken to each other in days. I have no idea what is going to happen, but will stay positive and try to work it out until we can't.

I want to thank you all for your advice and help, with the exception of that one person who views this thread as a soap opera and thinks it's fun to ridicule people such as myself. Do not worry. Beginning Wednesday (our first appointment), I plan on keeping any personal or intimate details of my marital relationship between myself and my therapist. I feel that ridiculing me for my "spectacle" is especially uncalled for because I am actually taking the advice offered here and am trying to fix this situation - hence, the therapy appointment and my trying to keep a positive attitude when I see Sean again. I could understand why I would be made fun of if I were just bitching and moaning without taking any action, but that is not the case.

It is rude and incorrect to invariably categorize anyone who posts something that is personal/intimate as some sort of drama queen. Life is unpredictable and full of surprises, and we all need a little help along the way from time to time and to gain a new perspective. And how is one to even understand a situation if no personal details are shared? I imagine I'd have a very hard time reaching out and asking for help without using personal detail to describe my situation to others.

I hope that Sean and I are able to work things out and come out of this with a better understanding of each other and our marriage. Despite it all, I still think that Sean is a really neat guy and I kind of wish you all knew him. Maybe someday he'll sign up for VJ and share some of his experiences immigrating from Canada to the U.S. And who knows? Maybe I'll be in the position one day to be able to help out someone on these forums who is having a rough time with his or her marriage and feels completely lost and hopeless and does not know where to turn.

I plan on making one more post as a follow-up, and then I may actually take a break from VJ for a while. It makes sense, in a practical manner, because Sean and I aren't actually doing any sort of paperwork right now and won't be for almost two years, if we stay together. Plus, I really need to be focusing energy on my self-improvement and our marriage anyway, so I shouldn't spend as much time on the internet as I do, heh.

I look forward to updating you one more time realy soon. Thank you again for your honesty, advice, and compassion.

September 2002 Met online

April 9, 2003 Started dating online

July 2, 2004 Met in person

July 17, 2005 Engaged one beautiful summer night in Campbell River, BC, Canada!

June 28, 2007 I-129F sent

November 29, 2007 First NOA received

December 28, 2007 Second NOA received

January 25, 2008 Interview appointment received

March 17, 2008 Interview passed!

March 18, 2008 K-1 visa received

June 5, 2008 Fiance moved to U.S.

August 9, 2008 Married!

September 8, 2008 I-485 and I-765 sent

October 10, 2008 Biometrics appointment

December 1, 2008 EAD received in mail

March 9, 2009 Green card received in mail

December 10, 2010 I-751 filed

April 3, 2011 I-751 approved, conditions lifted from green card

October 11, 2011 Filed for divorce

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck Daniela, I wish you all the best. You seem like a very grounded person and even though I don't know you, my instinct tells me that you will be okay in the end. Hang in there and be strong. (F)

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Well, it is almost time. In a few hours I will be picking up Sean from the airport. It will be the first time we've seen each other in three weeks, and the first time we've spoken to each other in days. I have no idea what is going to happen, but will stay positive and try to work it out until we can't.

I want to thank you all for your advice and help, with the exception of that one person who views this thread as a soap opera and thinks it's fun to ridicule people such as myself. Do not worry. Beginning Wednesday (our first appointment), I plan on keeping any personal or intimate details of my marital relationship between myself and my therapist. I feel that ridiculing me for my "spectacle" is especially uncalled for because I am actually taking the advice offered here and am trying to fix this situation - hence, the therapy appointment and my trying to keep a positive attitude when I see Sean again. I could understand why I would be made fun of if I were just bitching and moaning without taking any action, but that is not the case.

It is rude and incorrect to invariably categorize anyone who posts something that is personal/intimate as some sort of drama queen. Life is unpredictable and full of surprises, and we all need a little help along the way from time to time and to gain a new perspective. And how is one to even understand a situation if no personal details are shared? I imagine I'd have a very hard time reaching out and asking for help without using personal detail to describe my situation to others.

I hope that Sean and I are able to work things out and come out of this with a better understanding of each other and our marriage. Despite it all, I still think that Sean is a really neat guy and I kind of wish you all knew him. Maybe someday he'll sign up for VJ and share some of his experiences immigrating from Canada to the U.S. And who knows? Maybe I'll be in the position one day to be able to help out someone on these forums who is having a rough time with his or her marriage and feels completely lost and hopeless and does not know where to turn.

I plan on making one more post as a follow-up, and then I may actually take a break from VJ for a while. It makes sense, in a practical manner, because Sean and I aren't actually doing any sort of paperwork right now and won't be for almost two years, if we stay together. Plus, I really need to be focusing energy on my self-improvement and our marriage anyway, so I shouldn't spend as much time on the internet as I do, heh.

I look forward to updating you one more time realy soon. Thank you again for your honesty, advice, and compassion.

Best wishes CRH. I pray everything go well for you from this day forward.....

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Good luck Daniela, I wish you all the best. You seem like a very grounded person and even though I don't know you, my instinct tells me that you will be okay in the end. Hang in there and be strong. (F)

I wholeheartedly agree with Sapphire... best of luck to you! I truly hope everything does work out. Make sure to take care of yourself... you are important. :) Stay strong... best words shared, Sapphire.

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wholeheartedly agree with Sapphire... best of luck to you! I truly hope everything does work out. Make sure to take care of yourself... you are important. :) Stay strong... best words shared, Sapphire.

Good luck to the both of you. I hope you are able to work through this rough spot in your marriage and find that you are able to grow stronger because of the experience.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm not in the Canadian group but I too wish you the very best and hope things work out. I really, really do.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline

CRH I will be praying for you guys.

STANLEY & KAREN
02/02/2009 - Received in mail 3 pcs of NOA1 one each for I-485, I-130, I-765 dated 01/28/2009
02/09/2009 - Received mails for initial evidence and Biometric appointment (02/19/2009); mailed evidence
03/27/2009 - EAD card received in the mail; applied for SS# immediately (office is across the street from my home)
05/05/2009 - Received NOA2. Welcome letter for Permanent Residency. I-130 and I-485 approved 04/30/2009

Nov 12, 2014 - Updated my status from permanent resident to citizen at Social Security

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

Timeline

Today at church I cried when the pastor spoke about persons who experienced trauma in the past. He went to a forum and heard a psychologist define what happens after a traumatic experience. The psychologist said that after a trauma something happens in the brain that keeps bringing back the event causing the person to relive it over and over. He says that after a while it will appears to go away but as something happens to brings back the memory of the past then the brain starts delivering flash-backs traumatizing the victim all over again. He says that is why soldiers who goes to war have such a hard time adjusting when they return because every day they see these deaths and live in the situation being traumatized over and over again.

He said he noticed however that the chemicals in the brain return to normal when the person raises their hands and feeds on positive thoughts. Some of us might take a longer time to get through the trauma than others. CRH I am proud of you for taking a step to get the help you need. You will get over this. I am still praying for you and I chose to raise my hands with you as you embrace positive thoughts in your therapy sessions.

Be blessed

STANLEY & KAREN

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Even when you're "over" it, you still go back to it sometimes. It never ever goes away.

I went to a psychologist, and to the poster who said that they put you on drugs - not true. Thats not what a psychologist does. I did learn coping mechanisms and I was able to talk about it and deal with it through regression therapy.

I know some people are against psychologists but you just can't deal with traumatic events on your own. It's like saying someone can get up after getting hit by a car and go on with broken bones yet no medical attention. Emotional and mental trauma is just as bad as physical trauma, people don't always see it that way though because it isn't tangible.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Even when you're "over" it, you still go back to it sometimes. It never ever goes away.

I went to a psychologist, and to the poster who said that they put you on drugs - not true. Thats not what a psychologist does. I did learn coping mechanisms and I was able to talk about it and deal with it through regression therapy.

I know some people are against psychologists but you just can't deal with traumatic events on your own. It's like saying someone can get up after getting hit by a car and go on with broken bones yet no medical attention. Emotional and mental trauma is just as bad as physical trauma, people don't always see it that way though because it isn't tangible.

That is so true sprailenes. :thumbs: What I meant by getting over this is what is happening to her now and the stage that she is presently at. She will have days when she can cope and it will get better. She wont be as scared as she is right now but she will get pass this stage as she learn how to cope

Edited by kcoyclay1

STANLEY & KAREN

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.