Mike and Yan

China Customs: 2-3 months or is it unclogged ?!?!?

114 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Eric&Meijiao

I guess you are saying the NVC batch ships 100 - 300 lbs roughly to DHL. This is spread over all embassies, but DHL takes care of that.

pushbrk

You are saying that all packages (from NVC) out of Customs to the embassy are worked on the first Saturday after receipt. So whatever the ‘bin’ holds in customs, at some point it is "full" and goes to the embassy. This is the big unknown delay. It may vary widely and does not seem to trend (history is not a good indicator!).

I-130 Submission to Interview - 162 days

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

2009-02-02 Nanning Wedding

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

2009-03-04 : I-130 Sent

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

2009-04-02 : NOA2, I130 Sent to NVC

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

2009-05-19 : NVC Out

Embassy Journey - 6 WEEKS

2009-07-06 : CR1 Delivered to Guangzhou

2009-08-13 : Visa Approved !!!!

2009-09-12 : US Entry JFK

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Eric&Meijiao

I guess you are saying the NVC batch ships 100 - 300 lbs roughly to DHL. This is spread over all embassies, but DHL takes care of that.

pushbrk

You are saying that all packages (from NVC) out of Customs to the embassy are worked on the first Saturday after receipt. So whatever the ‘bin’ holds in customs, at some point it is "full" and goes to the embassy. This is the big unknown delay. It may vary widely and does not seem to trend (history is not a good indicator!).

No, again, I said what I said and meant precisely that. GUZ takes delivery of the packages when they are ready to work them without regard for when they arrived. The Consulate, not Chinese Customs is to blame for the delay. They just use DHL's customs warehouse as a storage facility until they are ready to work more cases.

Recent history is certainly a good indicator. As the backlog decreases the NVC out to P3 sent timelines decrease. It has nothing to do with how many packages are waiting and everything to do with how many cases the staff is ready to work.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Eric&Meijiao

pushbrk

No, again, I said what I said and meant precisely that. GUZ takes delivery of the packages when they are ready to work them without regard for when they arrived. The Consulate, not Chinese Customs is to blame for the delay. They just use DHL's customs warehouse as a storage facility until they are ready to work more cases.

Recent history is certainly a good indicator. As the backlog decreases the NVC out to P3 sent timelines decrease. It has nothing to do with how many packages are waiting and everything to do with how many cases the staff is ready to work.

pushbrk: YOU have insiders knowledge!! It strikes me that DHL would not stand for that. However, "OIC" only in china, has reared its ugly head against me more than I can exasperatedly admit!

Thanks for this clarification. My CR1 is reroute and we can possibly forecast a short delay! (not 2 to 3 months)

:ot: pushbrk: think I should tell the Guangzhou people to cancel the K3? :ot2:

Eric&Meijiao: did I at least understand you?

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

Timeline

Hi all,

It seems to me that Guangzhou has been much faster recently.

NVC sent out CR-1 case on May 6. I called DOS today (May 21) and they told me that Guangzhou

has gotten our case and is currently in the process of scheduling our CR-1 interview.

If Guangzhou only accepts the case when they are ready to work on it, then I expect the

interview will be very soon.

This is really fast. It's about taking 2 weeks for Guangzhou recieves the packet sent by NVC.

Can someone share his/her experience too?

Thanks.

Steve

Timeline
Hi all,

NVC sent out CR-1 case on May 6. I called DOS today (May 21) and they told me that Guangzhou

has gotten our case and is currently in the process of scheduling our CR-1 interview.

If Guangzhou only accepts the case when they are ready to work on it, then I expect the

This is really fast. It's about taking 2 weeks for Guangzhou recieves the packet sent by NVC.

Thanks.

Steve

Steve - My CR1 is in China Customs. I am watching it on DHL. I am REALLY happy to see that in 2 weeks the embassy may get it. I will update here.

But I have a question for you: You called the NVC operator for the date? Guangzhou tells the NVC their scheduling?

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

Timeline
Hi all,

Thanks.

Steve

Steve - My CR1 is in China Customs. I am watching it on DHL. I am REALLY happy to see that in 2 weeks the embassy may get it. I will update here.

But I have a question for you: You called the NVC operator for the date? Guangzhou tells the NVC their scheduling?

Sometimes you must ask exactly the right question to get more than a generalized answer. When calling DOS, you want to know precisely whether the case shows as "open" or "loaded". "Open" means they've received and logged the file into the system. "Loaded" means they only have the electronic file. Guangzhou handles cases differently from any other Consulate in the world. If your DOS operator didn't know that, you would not get a good answer.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Hi all,

Thanks.

Steve

Mike and Yan,

Call Depart of State (DOS) Tel: 202-663-1225 then punch 1 and 0.

They will tell you what's going on regarding Guangzhou.

Steve

Timeline

I was saying they batch them out to GUZ not to all. There were 3 packages in excess of 100 pounds in the Tracking numbers NVC gave us to watch our package.

We were in a 96lb package of diplomatic documents sent to GUZ. You can view my timeline to see how long it took.

What happens is it first gets to a clearance point from shipping to the warehouse.

Once that clears it remains in clearance in the DHL Warehouse until GUZ is ready to recieve that package.

So if you were part of a 1lb package and happened to arrive the same day as they are ready to go pick some up then you would complete faster than others. The 300lb package took almost 2 weeks longer to clear than the 1 15 and 96lb package.

According to the GUZ email I got it seems that it took that long for them to clear the backlog. It also depends on your status. Conditional Immigrant or UnConditional immigrant.

Just what i have been told. We all know different emails say different things. All i know is we got an interview for june 08 on may 18th. our case completed around march 17th. It arrived at the consulate on May 5th. So we actually are moving pretty quick. Others with a similar timeline have not even been recieved yet. They are part of that last package that just cleared recently.

Edited by Eric&Meijiao

Timeline
I was saying they batch them out to GUZ not to all. There were 3 packages in excess of 100 pounds in the Tracking numbers NVC gave us to watch our package.

We were in a 96lb package of diplomatic documents sent to GUZ. You can view my timeline to see how long it took.

What happens is it first gets to a clearance point from shipping to the warehouse.

Once that clears it remains in clearance in the DHL Warehouse until GUZ is ready to recieve that package.

So if you were part of a 1lb package and happened to arrive the same day as they are ready to go pick some up then you would complete faster than others. The 300lb package took almost 2 weeks longer to clear than the 1 15 and 96lb package.

According to the GUZ email I got it seems that it took that long for them to clear the backlog. It also depends on your status. Conditional Immigrant or UnConditional immigrant.

Just what i have been told. We all know different emails say different things. All i know is we got an interview for june 08 on may 18th. our case completed around march 17th. It arrived at the consulate on May 5th. So we actually are moving pretty quick. Others with a similar timeline have not even been recieved yet. They are part of that last package that just cleared recently.

Really??? NVC actually gave you tracking numbers??? I really doubt that. "Just what you've been told"???? Who exactly is telling you these things?

The above post comes across as total BS to me. Please clarify.

I HAVE concluded that the smaller packages are handled differently, not just because they are small but because they are either other correspondence or expedited cases. Sometimes they fill extra space in those packages with a random regular case file or two. Not all "packages" are dealt with in the same way by the Consulate. In all cases, the Consulate itself "gins up" release notices that allow the packages to clear customs and be delivered. The delivery timing is not up to DHL or Chinese customs.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Guangzhou people,

I am reading in 'A Candle for Love" and found very interesting news . .

A CR1 Visa for member 'mei3935' :

Case sent to Guangzhou: 2009-05-06

Case received by Guangzhou: 2009-05-21

If you're not good at math . . that's about ...

2 weeks in Customs!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

and that has made my day!!!!

:yes:

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Guangzhou people,

2 weeks in Customs!

Mine went out same day I want this I want this!!!!

USA NATURALIZATION CITIZEN :-------------------------------------------------------
08-13-2014 - N-400 mailed priority Phoenix lockbox
08-1x-2014 - N-400 package accepted

08-20-2014 - Check cashed

09-xx-2014 - NOA bio-metrics appointment

09-18-2014 - Bio-metrics appointment Columbus office

09-22-2014 - NOA letter scheduled interview 10-30-2014

10-30-2014 - Naturalization interview and test Columbus Ohio office.

Application changed to five year as mark reached while waiting for interview

Passed civic test and interview recommends approval !!!

10-30-2014 - NOA hand letter stating recommendation for approval and wait for letter of approval and oath
11-13-2014 - Case Status updated "We scheduled your oath ceremony"

11-14-2014 - NOA letter final interview and oath Tuesday 11-25-2014

11-25-2014 - Final red tape and oath ceremony Columbus, Ohio Officially a US Citizen!!!

- Applied US Passport at local post office

08-2016 - Received 10 year Q2 visa to visit China as a US citizen

Timeline
Guangzhou people,

2 weeks in Customs!

:D

I saw that!! I was hoping you would respond. ;) !

B) As you know, I've been observing your signiture for a while . . I'm only 2 weeks behind you. :yes:

:innocent: There are some that contend package size makes a difference! :devil:

:lol: My DHL package is 5 lbs. Is it rude to ask 'How big is yours???' :whistle:

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:D

I saw that!! I was hoping you would respond. ;) !

B) As you know, I've been observing your signiture for a while . . I'm only 2 weeks behind you. :yes:

:innocent: There are some that contend package size makes a difference! :devil:

:lol: My DHL package is 5 lbs. Is it rude to ask 'How big is yours???' :whistle:

hmm I'm not sure about it I used the DHL searching process to track package going out that day I haven't verified anything but the one I have tracking on is 9 pounds. how do you know how much it weighs?

USA NATURALIZATION CITIZEN :-------------------------------------------------------
08-13-2014 - N-400 mailed priority Phoenix lockbox
08-1x-2014 - N-400 package accepted

08-20-2014 - Check cashed

09-xx-2014 - NOA bio-metrics appointment

09-18-2014 - Bio-metrics appointment Columbus office

09-22-2014 - NOA letter scheduled interview 10-30-2014

10-30-2014 - Naturalization interview and test Columbus Ohio office.

Application changed to five year as mark reached while waiting for interview

Passed civic test and interview recommends approval !!!

10-30-2014 - NOA hand letter stating recommendation for approval and wait for letter of approval and oath
11-13-2014 - Case Status updated "We scheduled your oath ceremony"

11-14-2014 - NOA letter final interview and oath Tuesday 11-25-2014

11-25-2014 - Final red tape and oath ceremony Columbus, Ohio Officially a US Citizen!!!

- Applied US Passport at local post office

08-2016 - Received 10 year Q2 visa to visit China as a US citizen

Timeline
hmm I'm not sure about it I used the DHL searching process to track package going out that day I haven't verified anything but the one I have tracking on is 9 pounds. how do you know how much it weighs?

I'm in the dark there. . . all I know is a 5lb package left NVC via DHL for GUZ

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.