Big Papa Zone

Hair Loss

42 posts in this topic

Nothing worse then a guy trying to cover a bald spot :dead:

I man i work with, does the famous combover thingie, the hair for the combover is longer then my hair i swear lol he looks ridiculous. I told him to shave his head, it would look better, needless to say he didnt like that advice :lol:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
My wife insists that I start a Bosley fund for when I get older. My mothers father died fairly young so we don't know if he would have gone bald or not!!

Is hair really that big a deal? It's one of those things I just don't get.

Me neither. You can shave your head, wear a hat, or just go for the Bozo the Clown look.

Right, I was watching a late night infomercial thing last night on the Bosely clinic (hair transplant) and it got me thinking about hair restoration treatment.

I've developed a very noticable bald spot on my crown, and I cringe every time I see it (on CCTV in banks/stores for instance). I was initially thinking about giving Rogain a try, seeing as it's only a (relatively) small area of my crown that's thinning. Guys, anyone tried it? Does it actually work? Also be interested to hear from anyone that's actually undergone the hair transplant procedure.

Unless your head is shaped like a cone.....just shave it all off. It's sexier. When it tries to grow back in after shaving and you have the little furry effect going on...your lady will rub your head alot and kiss your head. You'll love it. I say Shave it all OFF.....unless she doesn't like baldies.

:thumbs:

Right, I was watching a late night infomercial thing last night on the Bosely clinic (hair transplant) and it got me thinking about hair restoration treatment.

I've developed a very noticable bald spot on my crown, and I cringe every time I see it (on CCTV in banks/stores for instance). I was initially thinking about giving Rogain a try, seeing as it's only a (relatively) small area of my crown that's thinning. Guys, anyone tried it? Does it actually work? Also be interested to hear from anyone that's actually undergone the hair transplant procedure.

As you can see by my picture - I am loosing my hair, slowly but surely. (If you saw pictures of me as a youth/young man - I had long, gorgeous hair, blond, like the rivers of heaven, but I digress)

I went to the doc to see what was up, and I make too much testerone according to him- so it kills the hair on my head. (but strangely, my nostril hair and ear hair are not affected)

Now - I have looked at the other things to make your hair grow.

Rogain - may work, but you have to keep doing it, and the hair isn't as thick as it was. Plus this was used to treat high blood pressure - $$$ :hehe:

Moving hair from your #### to the head - it will get killed off because of my body chemistry. $$$ :lol:

Hair in a can - first rain - and you look like Alice Cooper. $ :luv:

Other pills - have weird side affects (like erectile problems - so you can have hair to land them, but you can't "seal" the deal) $$$ :whistle:

Hair Piece - wet smelly rat on top of your head :angry:

Comb over - :wacko:

Lasers to stimulate the scalp - :blink:

So - after reading through all that info, and talking to the doc, I decided to shave my head back (no "hair island" for me) and just live my life without the top of hair.

Biggest reason was, if you stop doing any of the "plans", your hair will go right back to way it was - and your still out of the money spent...

Umit doesn't mind or complains :)

anyway - you first need to go to the doc to see why you are losing your hair first, before you can make a choice if you want to save it.

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I have been very slowly losing my hair on the back of my head since I was in my 30's. I'm 52 now and the bald spot is bigger, but it is still confined to the back of my head. Better known as male pattern baldness. When I look in the mirror in the morning I still have all my hair from the front view and who really makes a point to look at one's head from the rear? So, for me, it is not so traumatic, but it is troubling. My wife doesn't seem to care, so #######?

What Bobby said was true...as you get older and lose hair in one place you gain it elsewhere. In droves. My wife does b*tch about that.

There are worst things than losing one's hair. Count your blessings. I'd much rather lose hair than my libido. That is why I'd avoid some of the pills and potions pushed by the pharmaceutical industry that does just that. They grow hair, but squash the libido.

I always was a nature boy, so I just let nature take its course.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

lol @ baldies

:jest:

yo kojak.. pass me a beer

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: i hate that i can answer this question.

perviz shocked me after about three months of not giving me web cam with a full head of hair, before he was really thin on top, what he did was get hair transplant where they take it off the back of ur head where u have a lot of thick hair and grapht it onto the bald or thinning spot

the hair grew back that they removed from the back and so u end up with forever hair that grows u can cut it style it what ever u want, at least thats what he told me.

do i think he looks better NO NO NO and NO but he feels better so what can i say

anyways theres the answer and its about two thousand dollars to get it done in india

sara

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

embrace your baldness. shave your head

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Shave it. Don't waste your money or time.

Accept it and spend your money on something worthwhile.

I shave my head to save money - it grows back soon enough...

photo-59324.jpg

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS