Danno

Politician shows up to help feed the poor in $540 sneakers!

137 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I like these IRS approved charitable organizations far better that brag that for every buck that comes in, ten cents of that actually is used for helping people.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Bill Gates is one of the richest men in the world, has a huge and luxurious house, a wardrobe that probably costs more than what the average American will make in a lifetime.........

Have you seen how Bill Gates dresses? He makes mainstream nerds look cool. :whistle:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

It's class envy

much like that over sarah palin's wardrobe

I thought it was Republicans who cried the most about that because it wasn't her money but donors. That was a bit welfare state of her really......buying luxury goods off someone else's hard work

so why do you hate housewives?

Are you calling the nation's housewives raising the next generation of Americans welfare queens? *tuts*

90day.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

The Obama's are very charitable with other people's money, just not with their own! Obama spent about $1 million dollars a day as a Chicago Junior Senator. In Obama's first 100 days as president he has added roughly $2.5 trillion to federal spending, which comes to about $25 billion per day!

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and his wife Michelle gave $10,772 of the $1.2 million they earned from 2000 through 2004 to charities, or less than 1 percent, according to tax returns for those years released today by his campaign.

The family's donations to all recipients totaled $2,350 in 2000, $1,470 in 2001, $1,050 in 2002, $3,400 in 2003, and $2,500 in 2004.

Spending money out of his pocket:

2000-2004 = $1.2 million earned

2000-2004 = $10,772 given to charities

2000-2004 = Obama gives 0.897% of his $1.2 million dollar income earned to charity

Average income earned from 2000-2004 = $240,000 ($1.2 million / 5)

Average amount donated to charity 2000-2004 = $2,154 ($10,772 / 5)

Equation to calculate exact % = ($1,210,772 - $1,200,000) / $1,200,000 = 0.897%

Spending money out of your pocket:

Average spending as a Junior Senator = $1 million per day

Average spending as Commander and Chief = $25 billion per day

Edited by Confucian

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think its funny that the focus of this story is on a pair of shoes, and not on the cause being served or calling attention to the plight of the urban poor during a recession.

Some people are very easily suckered by the media it seems.

Edited by Private Pike

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
It's class envy

much like that over sarah palin's wardrobe

I thought it was Republicans who cried the most about that because it wasn't her money but donors. That was a bit welfare state of her really......buying luxury goods off someone else's hard work

so why do you hate housewives?

Are you calling the nation's housewives raising the next generation of Americans welfare queens? *tuts*

oh right, housewives don't buy anything :pop:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I think its funny that the focus of this story is on a pair of shoes, and not on the cause being served or calling attention to the plight of the urban poor during a recession.

You among them, as if the numerous plights the liberal media advises us of aren't common knowledge. This thread is about Michelle Obama's tone deafness, as if we shouldn't notice or comment on it.

Timeline

You among them, as if the numerous plights the liberal media advises us of aren't common knowledge. This thread is about Michelle Obama's tone deafness, as if we shouldn't notice or comment on it.

:rofl: All it shows is that you are willing to buy into fabricated stories.

As if doing volunteer work is something alien to politics.

You're just easily manipulated.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

:rofl: All it shows is that you are willing to buy into fabricated stories.

As if doing volunteer work is something alien to politics.

You're just easily manipulated.

I'm not the one easily manipulated.

My uncle used to say, in the context of racial discrimination, that a White and a Black could do the same thing, but the Black is depicted as wrong when s/he does it. The same thing could be said about conservatives and liberals; a liberal and a conservative could do the same thing, but the conservative is perceived as wrong when s/he does it. The Obama's can do no wrong in the eyes of liberals because they are a too big to fail. To the rest of us, they are merely our President and First Lady, subject to our critical exercise of freedom of speech. Those who wish to make excuses for them and shield them from that are the ones easily manipulated.

There's a difference. Michelle is wearing the shoes that is from her own bank account. Sarah wear clothes that are from the contributors fund.

Spin it any way you want. You didn't pay for Sarah's clothes, either. Michelle wears over the top sneakers to a show off her compassion for the poor. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that's a faux pas. She should fire her White House fashion consultant for not stopping her. I can't wait for her to start dispensing advice on how moderate income families can live on a budget from her perspective as a six-figure earning executive with lots of household help.

And you attempt to show off on an internet forum. What does that make you?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

If Michelle "Imelda Marcos" Obama has more shoes in that price range or higher, maybe she can show compassion for the poor by auctioning them off to Obama kool aid drinking sychophants and giving the proceeds to a deserving homeless shelter.

I won't hold my breath.

Since you're so wealthy, why don't you give all your money to the poor instead of bragging about it here? Hello pot.....

What else would you expect from the usual group of VJ retards?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

That's all well and good, but I really don't care about this story, nor do I care about what Michelle obama wears, or where

She chooses to volunteer.

I do think its hilarious that you think the spin on the story is more important than the underlying cause. That says a lot really.