PalestineMyHeart

Israel Plunges Gaza Into Darkness

227 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
power plants are viable military targets. sucks eh? :lol:

Sure, in a war...

so what exactly is it you think they are busy doing over there? playing cards? handball? jeesh.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I disagree. Its aimed at making the central govt of Palestine (if such a thing exists) think about if its worth the effort to support terrorism acts knowing that its going to put their country in darkness. Next it will be the water supply, and any other high value target worth the effort of wasting a bomb on.

Kind of hard to deal with a country when there appears that no one is in control.....Somalia??

Bombing won't and hasn't, once, ever solved this sort of problem long term. A diplomatic solution must be found eventually - what's the alternative? Concentration camps?

Again - both sides are short sighted and stupid.

so what exactly is it you think they are busy doing over there? playing cards? handball? jeesh.

They're engaged in an internationally controversial (and condemned) Military occupation.

Timeline
I disagree. Its aimed at making the central govt of Palestine (if such a thing exists) think about if its worth the effort to support terrorism acts knowing that its going to put their country in darkness. Next it will be the water supply, and any other high value target worth the effort of wasting a bomb on.

Kind of hard to deal with a country when there appears that no one is in control.....Somalia??

Bombing won't and hasn't, once, ever solved this sort of problem long term. A diplomatic solution must be found eventually - what's the alternative? Concentration camps?

you're partially correct. limited bombing won't solve it. full scale carpet bombing will :yes:

They're engaged in an internationally controversial (and condemned) Military occupation.

interesting how you condemn only israel with that statement.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

you're partially correct. limited bombing won't solve it. full scale carpet bombing will :yes:

Which says a lot to me about how people view the Palestinians as a whole. n****** is not far off that bat - the sentiment however is just as racist and just as contemptible.

Timeline

Which says a lot to me about how people view the Palestinians as a whole. n****** is not far off that bat - the sentiment however is just as racist and just as contemptible.

obviously you have something to say. so why not just say it instead of dancing around the bushes?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
interesting how you condemn only israel with that statement.

I already said I don't condone terrorism - I just don't think punishing the civilian population for the actions of a few of its members is morally justifiable.

In any case - military occupation is right. That's what it is.

You have an occupier... and the occupied ;)

obviously you have something to say. so why not just say it instead of dancing around the bushes?

I think I made it quite clear.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Diplomatic solution??

They have never found anyone to negotiate with, that can honor any agreement. No one in charge.

They will continue to go after value targets without killing civilians until Palestine agrees to join the international community.

They will go after the infrastructure....power, water, bridges, roads, transportation etc.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Timeline
Diplomatic solution??

They have never found anyone to negotiate with, that can honor any agreement. No one in charge.

They will continue to go after value targets without killing civilians until Palestine agrees to join the international community.

They will go after the infrastructure....power, water, bridges, roads, transportation etc.

Short sighted and stupid :yes:

Timeline
I already said I don't condone terrorism - I just don't think punishing the civilian population for the actions of a few of its members is morally justifiable.

In any case - military occupation is right. That's what it is.

You have an occupier... and the occupied ;)

no kidding. just like you have suicide bombers and people who don't do that.

I think I made it quite clear.

yes, you're trying to attribute the n word to those who oppose your viewpoint. nice try.

Diplomatic solution??

Short sighted and stupid :yes:

they'd be short sighted and stupid not to go after them. :yes:

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
yes, you're trying to attribute the n word to those who oppose your viewpoint. nice try.

Actually that wasn't the point. I'm just tired of people making pedestrian statements that suggest the solution to a complex problem like this is to 'blow em all to hell'.

Timeline

Actually that wasn't the point. I'm just tired of people making pedestrian statements that suggest the solution to a complex problem like this is to 'blow em all to hell'.

so why are you using that word then? hmmm? :whistle:

yes, it's a complex issue and i'm certain that diplomacy won't solve it. and i'm also certain of what side will win when, not if, it comes to that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
no kidding. just like you have suicide bombers and people who don't do that.

Yes you do - but the solution it seems is to treat EVERYONE as though they were a potential terrorist...

they'd be short sighted and stupid not to go after them. :yes:

Sure... but at the expense of abusing the general population by destroying the already limited infrastructure, and increasing the tensions and resentment in the region.

For the average guy on the street over there this amounts to terrorism, whether its called that or not.

so why are you using that word then? hmmm? :whistle:

Because broadly speaking, that is how they (the Palestinians) are regarded. You already proved the point by referring to them all as terrorists or terrorist sympathisers!

Diplomacy will work - if they'll stop brutalising each other. That will require greater involvement from the international community, who after all created this mess to begin with back in 1947.

Edited by Fishdude

Timeline
Yes you do - but the solution it seems is to treat EVERYONE as though they were a potential terrorist...

oh yeah, bad them for profiling..... :lol:

i can't say i blame them, one does tend to get a bit gunshy (or in this case, bombshy?) after a few dozen people explode on buses.

Sure... but at the expense of abusing the general population by destroying the already limited infrastructure, and increasing the tensions and resentment in the region.

and what the palestinians are doing is not increasing the tensions and resentment? oh please.

infrastruction has always been a target throughout history. it won't change.

For the average guy on the street over there this amounts to terrorism, whether its called that or not.

ditto for the average israeli too.

Because broadly speaking, that is how they (the Palestinians) are regarded. You already proved the point by referring to them all as terrorists or terrorist sympathisers!

nice spin, but it don't work. you're attempting (lamely at that) to attribute such a statement to me by dragging such into this topic. what i've been pointing out to you is that there are two sides to the story, and you seem to be doing your best to put the palestinians in the way of being poor, oppressed people by those law breaking jews. you've avoided any perspective from the viewpoint of israel too. at least be fair about it. and just recently we were discussing one killed settler and a kidnapped soldier. if cutting power gets him back alive, i'm all for it.

Diplomacy will work - if they'll stop brutalising each other. That will require greater involvement from the international community, who after all created this mess to begin with back in 1947.

so what you're saying is diplomacy didn't work then...what's the hopes of it working now? i'm not crossing my fingers and holding my breath. :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Actually you should go back and read (objectively) what I wrote earlier - rather than jumping (semantically) over every subsequent statement I make regardless of the original context.

At no point have I suggested that terrorism on the part of the Palestinians is justifiable, quite the opposite. I simply see no justification in Israel using its military in a manner that legitimises it and encourages the commission of fresh atrocities.

In that regard, destroying the civilian power station serves no practical purpose other than to intimidate and create fear.

As I see it, they (the Israelis) have a greater bargaining position than the Palestinians who we've established have a weak centralised government and law enforcement capability.

Edited by Fishdude

Timeline

Lets not forget we are talking about 1.3 million people affected by this outage...

so what you're saying is diplomacy didn't work then...what's the hopes of it working now? i'm not crossing my fingers and holding my breath. :whistle:

I wouldn't call the creation of the State of Israel a diplomatic affair...

Edited by Fishdude