PalestineMyHeart

Israel Plunges Gaza Into Darkness

227 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Remember these Children

Whenever the politics and rhetoric of this topic get too heated, I visit this site. ya Allah, remember these children.

Are you still hotlinking to stuff? ;)

ehm, unlike other situations that shall remain nameless, I know the people who run this website and they're good peoples :thumbs:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockets are fired on Israel for the sole purpose of terror. It would be celebrated as a holiday in Palestine if one of these rockets would hit a bus full of Israeli children.

Sad....very sad! :(

Edited by jen&darcy

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
the question remains if cutting off electricity meets such definition above :whistle:

Demolishing the basic infrastructure of the region I think does qualify as 'collective' punishment. The lack of power affects not only individuals and families, but hospitals and just as importantly basic sanitation.

i just find it amazing that what is posted here is consistently anti-israeli. israel is being bombed but for some reason that's not newsworthy.

Because there is a difference between acts of violence carried out by disparate militant groups and individuals, and using your military to enforce government policies that treat everyone in the region as though they are a terrorist.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
the question remains if cutting off electricity meets such definition above :whistle:

Demolishing the basic infrastructure of the region I think does qualify as 'collective' punishment. The lack of power affects not only individuals and families, but hospitals and just as importantly basic sanitation.

i just find it amazing that what is posted here is consistently anti-israeli. israel is being bombed but for some reason that's not newsworthy.

Because there is a difference between acts of violence carried out by disparate militant groups and individuals, and using your military to enforce government policies that treat everyone in the region as though they are a terrorist.

when you have suicide bombers and heads of state calling for your destruction....what choices are there?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If they sit idly by while terrorists launch rockets from their backyard, they should be treated as terrorists.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

If they sit idly by while terrorists launch rockets from their backyard, they should be treated as terrorists.

If you say so, but I don't think Israel can claim to have any moral superiority here. They are however, holding all the cards... You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat others (specifically poorer members of society), that is clearly in evidence here IMO. As I said, the n****** of the middle-east.

There is no moral or legal justification for this kind of collective punishment. What would you say to the family of the poor sod who snuffs it because his ICU fails, or to the surgeons can't conduct life saving operations because they don't have the power to run their equipment? As I see it the Israeli response (specifically targetting the civilian power supply) is a bigger crime than the kidnapping.

As I said the lack of power also creates sanitation issues - from a certain POV a cholera and typhoid outbreak could be considered a form of biological warfare..

Edited by Fishdude

Timeline

If you say so, but I don't think Israel can claim to have any moral superiority here. They are however, holding all the cards...

There is no moral or legal justification for this kind of collective punishment. What would you say to the family of the poor sod who snuffs it because his ICU fails, or to the surgeons can't conduct life saving operations because they don't have the power to run their equipment? As I see it the Israeli response (specifically targetting the civilian power supply) is a bigger crime than the kidnapping.

As I said the lack of power also creates sanitation issues - from a certain POV a cholera and typhoid outbreak could be considered a form of biological warfare..

a lot of maybe, supposedly, perhaps.....

it seems that quite a few have forgotten that a person's life is directly at stake.

why bring up this "what if" stuff in light of that?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

it seems that quite a few have forgotten that a person's life is directly at stake.

One guy, reprehensible yes. The sticking point for me is that the human rights of this one citizen suddenly become worth more than the human rights of an entire community of thousands of people.

Timeline

One guy, reprehensible yes. The sticking point for me is that the human rights of this one citizen suddenly become worth more than the human rights of an entire community of thousands of people.

good to know that in your eyes, some going without electricity is worth more than a person's life. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

good to know that in your eyes, some going without electricity is worth more than a person's life. :thumbs:

If you knock out major power in a 3rd world country - you do so with the fairly certain knowledge that people will die as a result, and that it will set the conditions for disease.

Did they do this for any practical reason - other than to intimidate the residents of Gaza? Seeing as how the Israeli military can operate with impunity in the region anyway. You have to wonder...

Edited by Fishdude

Timeline

If you knock out major power in a 3rd world country - you do so with the fairly certain knowledge that people will die as a result, and that it will set the conditions for disease.

is that not presuming that such is on all the time in a 3rd world country? we can't even keep power on 100% of the time in the usa.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
is that not presuming that such is on all the time in a 3rd world country? we can't even keep power on 100% of the time in the usa.

No but its shrewd guess that the supply is less reliable than what we're used to, and that there are fewer back-up systems. But I don't think you can reasonably suggest that the interruption of regional power will make no difference at all...

Again - what was the practical purpose of this if not solely to intimidate?

Edited by Fishdude

Timeline

No but its shrewd guess that the supply is less reliable than what we're used to, and that there are fewer back-up systems. But I don't think you can reasonably suggest that the interruption of regional power will make no difference at all...

Again - what was the practical purpose of this if not solely to intimidate?

i can "reasonably suggest that the interruption of regional power will make no difference" just as easily as you can suggest it won't. you're screaming that the sky is falling, and i am doubting that said interruption will do much other than cause discomfort among those affected. i've not seen any news reports yet of any deaths or disease which you previously mentioned.

but quite frankly, i'm shocked that you are so willing to devalue the life of the individual that was kidnapped. hardly a blurb out of you about the 18 year old settler killed and then dumped. you, mr moral outrage, have nothing to say about that because you might have to say something in support of israel? since when did you worry about stepping on anyone's toes?

btw, i don't see it as intimidation, i see it as influencing. or would you rather israel cut loose rockets too?

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
i can "reasonably suggest that the interruption of regional power will make no difference" just as easily as you can suggest it won't. you're screaming that the sky is falling, and i am doubting that said interruption will do much other than cause discomfort among those affected. i've not seen any news reports yet of any deaths or disease which you previously mentioned.

but quite frankly, i'm shocked that you are so willing to devalue the life of the individual that was kidnapped. hardly a blurb out of you about the 18 year old settler killed and then dumped. you, mr moral outrage, have nothing to say about that because you might have to say something in support of israel? since when did you worry about stepping on anyone's toes?

btw, i don't see it as intimidation, i see it as influencing. or would you rather israel cut loose rockets too?

Actually I have said several times that the kidnapping was reprehensible as are the acts of terrorism and indiscriminate violence carried out by militant groups and individuals. The murder is an outrage yes - but it doesn't give the Israelis a right to respond by collectively punishing everyone in Gaza City.

'Influencing' is little different to intimidation. The Israeli army can enter Palestinian areas without significant opposition - whether there is power or not. Do you think they will rebuild the power station after they're done, or pay some sort of reparation? Nope... the cost will be borne by the average palestinian who ultimately will feel even more sh*t upon.

Edited by Fishdude

Timeline

Actually I have said several times that the kidnapping was reprehensible as are the acts of terrorism and indiscriminate violence carried out by militant groups and individuals. The murder is an outrage yes - but it doesn't give the Israelis a right to respond by collectively punishing everyone in Gaza City.

not even if cutting power can save his life. amazing, that the air conditioners are more important than a person.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *