PalestineMyHeart

Israel Plunges Gaza Into Darkness

227 posts in this topic

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else on here find it ironic that the major support in this conflict is for the Israeli side?

Is it because the Palestinians are "terrorists?"

And for the million dollar question...

Or, is it because this is starting to look a whole lot like the U.S. military occupation of Iraq, and if we support the Palestinians, don't we have to then support the Iraqis?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Does anyone else on here find it ironic that the major support in this conflict is for the Israeli side?

Is it because the Palestinians are "terrorists?"

And for the million dollar question...

Or, is it because this is starting to look a whole lot like the U.S. military occupation of Iraq, and if we support the Palestinians, don't we have to then support the Iraqis?

Its ironic that some folks are all out for the honour and integrity of a nations armed forces and yet apparently can't make the distinction that an honourable institution can be put to dishonourable purposes.

Just seems to me the Israeli nation has made the decision to collectively dehumanise the Palestinians. Destroying civilian infrastructure on a wide scale is reprehensible on quite a few levels.

As it stands this 'collective' punishment is nothing new - seeing as the Israeli military was knocking over the homes of people who just happened to be related to, or live near suicide bombers.

Again I'm not condoning terrorism (though its sad I should even have to annunciate that), but I simply see the threat posed by a lawless civilian resistance (which is essentially what this is) to be disproportionate to that posed by an organised military engaged in a continuing campaign of direct oppression.

Slings and Rocks vs. Tanks and High Explosives

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Again I'm not condoning terrorism (though its sad I should even have to annunciate that), but I simply see the threat posed by a lawless civilian resistance (which is essentially what this is) to be disproportionate to that posed by an organised military engaged in a continuing campaign of direct oppression.

what should they do? send in the police instead?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Sure why not? Its would actually be in their interest to support a strong Palestinian government and help with the establishment of comprehensive law enforcement agencies and assisting with the building (rather than destroying) sustainable civilian infrastructure.

Filed: Timeline

Sure why not?

Because Israel has no reason to trust either the integrity or the competence of Palestinian law enforcement.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Sure why not? Its would actually be in their interest to support a strong Palestinian government and help with the establishment of comprehensive law enforcement agencies and assisting with the building (rather than destroying) sustainable civilian infrastructure.

:thumbs:

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Sure why not?

Because Israel has no reason to trust either the integrity or the competence of Palestinian law enforcement.

Sure. But it is in their interest to see the establishment of a strong Palestinian government (and related institutions).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

oh great. so send in the police against ak-47's. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

oh great. so send in the police against ak-47's. :thumbs:

Heaven forbid anyone do anything to actually solve the problem. Do you think it can be solved (long-term) by knocking over houses and blowing up power stations?

Violence breeds violence breeds violence and so on and so on and so on... Hurrah!

What about police with AK-47s?

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
the question remains if cutting off electricity meets such definition above :whistle:

Demolishing the basic infrastructure of the region I think does qualify as 'collective' punishment. The lack of power affects not only individuals and families, but hospitals and just as importantly basic sanitation.

i just find it amazing that what is posted here is consistently anti-israeli. israel is being bombed but for some reason that's not newsworthy.

Rockets are fired on Israel for the sole purpose of terror. It would be celebrated as a holiday in Palestine if one of these rockets would hit a bus full of Israeli children.

So f**ked up.

• Feb 13th Applied for I129F
  • May 3rd I129F Approved and sent to Department of State for processing.
  • **Waiting for Notice of I129F approval to show up in the mail!**
  • NOA2 Showed up in mail Wed 24th May 2006
  • ** Nervous as all hell - Still no Instruction packet**
  • ** 27th June Email - Saying Application Approved??? **
  • July 7th Packet 3 Arrived (First one went missing? - this one was marked 'duplicate')
  • Pack 4 arrived 31st July
  • Appointment 18th Aug

the question remains if cutting off electricity meets such definition above :whistle:

Demolishing the basic infrastructure of the region I think does qualify as 'collective' punishment. The lack of power affects not only individuals and families, but hospitals and just as importantly basic sanitation.

i just find it amazing that what is posted here is consistently anti-israeli. israel is being bombed but for some reason that's not newsworthy.

Rockets are fired on Israel for the sole purpose of terror. It would be celebrated as a holiday in Palestine if one of these rockets would hit a bus full of Israeli children.

So f**ked up.

f**ked up, but true

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG