PalestineMyHeart

Israel Plunges Gaza Into Darkness

227 posts in this topic

You're not allowed to be for Israel on this forum any more. This here is Hamas-occupied territory

Ooooh I c .... lol interesting ....well I'm still for Israel all you Hamas ppl lol. Gupt have we met? Or you someone regular here under a different name??

ticker.png

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When the people of Palestine collectively vote in favour of a group that is openly

hostile to Israel, they are asking for collective punishment. You want to play

hardball and vote for a terrorist group hell-bent on Israel's destruction? Fine -- but

don't be surprised when access to water and food is sealed off and electricity is shut

down. Collective action begets collective punishment.

bin laden spouts a similar line.. we voted to re elect bush, so we should all be targeted - there are no innocents...

Undoubtedly so - although wife_of_mahmoud would probably be the first one to tell you

(as she's done before) that President Bush is not representative of the American people.

I actually believe he is, at least in the sense that he shares the view of most Americans

that terrorists should be destroyed, not bargained with -- and even though I didn't vote

for him, I have no illusions about being "fair game" for terrorists.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Arabs cannot make peace with Israel. Any such Arab-Israeli agreement would exist only on paper. In Islam, jihad is a perpetual obligation. The military jihad is interrupted only temporarily by truces, and a truce with Arabs is what Israel has now. Arabs see themselves morally bound only by lawful agreements—and a peace agreement with an infidel state in Dar al-Islam is by definition illegal and allowed only to deceive infidels. That Jews are not infidels in Islam, but enjoy special status, will pose no difficulty for radical imams; Israel is not a theocracy, but a secular state, thus infidel promoting the Great Satan’s values. Few Muslims concede that jihad is an outdated, unrealizable regulation like those common in mature religions or reinterpret it as peaceful competition with the West. Fundamentalist Islamic terrorists who oppose settlement with Israel see jihad as war obligation and would honor no indemnity of Israel. Arabs have always violated cease-fires with Israel; why imagine they would observe peace treaties? Israel, on the contrary, would hesitate to violate peace agreement with Arabs and would constrain retaliation for terrorism

You obviously don't know anything about Islam. Best to keep your opinion to yourself when you don't know wht you're talking about.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

When the people of Palestine collectively vote in favour of a group that is openly

hardball and vote for a terrorist group hell-bent on Israel's destruction? Fine -- but

don't be surprised when access to water and food is sealed off and electricity is shut

bin laden spouts a similar line.. we voted to re elect bush, so we should all be targeted - there are no innocents...

Undoubtedly so - although wife_of_mahmoud would probably be the first one to tell you

(as she's done before) that President Bush is not representative of the American people.

I actually believe he is, at least in the sense that he shares the view of most Americans

that terrorists should be destroyed, not bargained with -- and even though I didn't vote

um. if he won the election then he's "representative of the american people"

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

um. if he won the election then he's "representative of the american people"

He might represent the American people but I think you'd be hard pushed to prove that he's representative of the American People... ;)

Two different things...

Edited by Fishdude

Timeline
if he won the election then he's "representative of the american people"

Agree

Why? Just curious...

A man born into a filthy-rich family of the political and corporate elite (just like his father) is representative of you and me?

Hmmm....

Edited by Fishdude

Timeline
Yet another thread that is about to turn into a Bush bash fest LOL

Not a Bush bash - I just feel the statement that a man like that (and I'm talking about his personal background here, not his job performance) is demographically and politically representative of the American people.

He's America's representative by default, but the man himself is not representative of American people in general. I don't see how that is in any way a justifiable claim.

Might as well say that Donald Trump is representative of the American public at large....

Edited by Fishdude

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
im a regular who used Ewok's brand new "change your display name" feature

Agent Smith - LOL :lol:

Not a Bush bash - I just feel the statement that a man like that (and I'm talking about his personal background here, not his job performance) is demographically and politically representative of the American people.

His personal background is irrelevant, only his political views are. He wasn't elected for his background.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yet another thread that is about to turn into a Bush bash fest LOL

He's America's representative by default, but the man himself is not representative of American people in general. I don't see how that is in any way a justifiable claim.

Might as well say that Donald Trump is representative of the American public at large....

and in clinton's years, he was too. and we all got a bj at work :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I just believe that he is and tries to be represenative of the people. He wouldn't be elected if people didn't want him to be. As for the American People in themselves, sometimes I think they don't even know what they want. We are at war right now, nobody likes war, everyone wants troops to come home, that is natural. But it would be dumb to pull out now. Now if we didn't go to war people would have been screaming to bush about that and why we aren't doing anything and such. It's a two way thing, we are never going to make everyone happy. No matter what decision he made people aren't going to agree ... it's always been like that, it tends to still always be like that. Now I'm not one to talk about politics, I'm really not, i'm not an expert by any means, lol I'm from Canada and well our politics at home are weak in my mind and I just never paid attention. Here in america you can't go anywhere without hearing about the right or left and politics. *Shakes head*

ticker.png

Filed: Timeline
Here in america you can't go anywhere without hearing about the right or left and politics. *Shakes head*

kinda makes you miss the wishy washy liberals and the watered down conservatives and the all bark no bite BQ, I bet.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

im a regular who used Ewok's brand new "change your display name" feature

Agent Smith - LOL :lol:

His personal background is irrelevant, only his political views are. He wasn't elected for his background.

It's not irrelevant if you're making the claim that GWB is representative of the American voter. Certainly his perceived political views are what get him elected, not disputing that. But the fact is this man, like many others in frontline government was born into a life of privilege, into a family that is part of a corporate and political elite). In no ways can the claim be made that that is representative of the typical American experience - simply isn't the case.

America, like many countries has a class system - whether we choose to recognise it or not.

Edited by Fishdude