The MENA "Let's discuss religion and our own personal belief" thread

163 posts in this topic

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Here is an article on who wrote the Gospels. It seems as if the apostles Matthew and John did know Jesus personally.

http://www.meridianmagazine.com/articles/021231gospels.html

"Three of the New Testament gospels are termed “synoptics” (from the Greek word meaning “seeing together”) because they cover basically the same story. These are Matthew, Mark, and Luke. Of the gospel writers, only two of the apostles Matthew and John had known Jesus (Matthew 4:21; 9:9)."

That is from a Church of Latter Day Saints website and it is incorrect. There are many many opinions that disagree with that.

Hmmm so then there is some disagreement as to who the Matthew and John who wrote the Gospels are?

The Catholic Church regards both Matthew and John - two of the original twelve Apostles, as the authors of the Gospels as well. They might have had help with the writings, but didn't the Prophet Mohammed have assistance as well? He didn't write the Qur'an - he spoke of his revelations by the Archangel Gabriel, but it was his companions who wrote the texts.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The entire Bible was written under the careful guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit .

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Was the Holy Spirit there when men decided which books to keep and which to discard in the Bible?

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline

Because He is part of the Trinity, let's just say he's always been around.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

True, but my question I guess is did the Holy Spirit in fact influence all of the men writing and sorting? Could it be possible that decisions were made that were not directed or maybe decisions were made ignoring that direction, because after all, they were just human beings who made mistakes like the rest of us. And let's not forget free will (although some people don't believe that God has given us free will). So it could be possible that the Bible is flawed, just as the men who wrote it.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline

I don't believe it is flawed. If men changed things around that would indeed make God a liar. Free will or not, God always has the final say.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
Was the Holy Spirit there when men decided which books to keep and which to discard in the Bible?

Which books are you referring to? I know that the Roman Catholic Church recognizes 9 books that aren't typically recognized in some Protestant churches, but various churches recognize some of the lesser books that others don't.

Timeline
Question

Judas: Friend? or Traitor?

Was what Judas did (betray Jesus) a good thing? or a bad thing?

Ready GO!

I see Judas' act as one that had been foretold by the Prophets, it was a necessary act that had to happen - I will say this: what was the bigger travesty - Judas who betrayed Jesus or Peter who denied three times that he knew Jesus. Furthermore, it is quite interesting that Judas committed suicide from anguish over what he did to Jesus and Peter becomes the first Pope. Go figure.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Question

Ready GO!

I see Judas' act as one that had been foretold by the Prophets, it was a necessary act that had to happen - I will say this: what was the bigger travesty - Judas who betrayed Jesus or Peter who denied three times that he knew Jesus. Furthermore, it is quite interesting that Judas committed suicide from anguish over what he did to Jesus and Peter becomes the first Pope. Go figure.

lol some things never change. I'll never understand the Pope selection process. With Benedict, Cardinal Law was invited to be one of the big guys that weighs heavy in the decision. This is a man who should be stripped of all priestly duties and he had a say in who the next Pope was. Politics. Blech.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

0h gosh, are you back? Please be respectful of others....Remember, your words...." Allah see's all " .

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Personal attacks are a violation of TOS. Stop it, now.

Offensive post removed

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Personal attacks are a violation of TOS. Stop it, now.

Offensive post removed

Why are they still an active member when all they do is target me to try to make me upset? Is there some type of benefit to keeping them on visajourney? Seriously.

Timeline

My post should have gone inviso, as it makes it look like I was responding to Bridget instead of the perp who was attacking her.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
Question

Ready GO!

lol some things never change. I'll never understand the Pope selection process. With Benedict, Cardinal Law was invited to be one of the big guys that weighs heavy in the decision. This is a man who should be stripped of all priestly duties and he had a say in who the next Pope was. Politics. Blech.

and btw I don't hate all Catholics. The majority of my family are Catholic. I just don't like it when people in authority are rewarded instead of punished for allowing pedophiles to do their thing. I do realize that there are more good priests/cardinals/bishops than bad ones but the last papal election really left a sour taste in my mouth since Law was allowed to participate when the majority of parishoners in Boston thought he should be put behind bars. Probably too personal for me to have commented on it in the first place.

And no this is not to give any credit at all to what the sicko who is stalking me and my children had to say, just thought I should set the record straight.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.