dento-10000

international calls to Mena countries

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Iraq
Timeline

hi. i'd like to know the best way to call middle east countries... i usually use cards like (extra, incredible,monkey...) to make calls to Syria or Iraq. now i need to get a cell phone, but i'm not sure which is the best especially with international calls and texts.. verizon customer service told me that i can not use the international cards and one text message to syria would cost me about 50 cent , i don't know about at&t or t-mobile but i think it's the same. i need advice about a cell phone with a good international calls and texts offer . what u think? :unsure:

I use nobel enjoy prepaid international calling card with my verizon family share nationwide plan, just have to call an access number and you can set it to automatically enter your pin on the enjoy prepaid website. Direct dialed international calls from verizon run in the 1.50-2$ range for MENA so I'm definitely not doing that, I had that option disabled so I wouldn't do it accidentally. My text messages to jordan cost 25cents ea. to send and receive so I don't know if you were talking about a verizon prepaid plan or what...

nobel enjoy prepaid diamond plan calls are costing 11cents a minute to jordan mobile, they are very clear and fairly stable. Plus I get billed per second and have no access or weekly charges incurred. Also, only charged when the call is answered.

Edited by MsMariah

Marriage : 2008-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Dec 22 2008 Transferred to California Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-1-16

Officially in AVR : 2009-1-17 emailed scanned DS 3032

DS 3032 generated and accepted via email/ AOS I-864 generated : 2009-1-23

Received I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Pay IV Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-2-11 !!!!

NVC Left : Received email March 3rd

Medical Completed : March 12, 2009

Interview Date : April 22, 2009. 8 am. VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa in Hand : April 27th, 2008!!! Arrival May 11th! POE JFK

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Maybe you could look into Vontage. I seen the commercial on T.V. i don't remeber how much it was but i don't think it as much as some of the other companies. Check it out. I used calling cards all the time i was using calling cards under www.paytone.com i liked there rates. Hope this helps.

AJ1

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: Timeline

If you do a Forum search you will find more topics on this information from all of us in the past. It comes up a lot here.

I use www.alosmart.com for calling cards. Works great for me. At the time we are using the First Class card...but you need to search and use the one the works best for you. Also, if you ever run into trouble with them, their Customer Service line ROCKS! They replace lost minutes or get you a new access number.

Also we have purchased the magic jack. www.magicjack.com One sent to Egypt and one here (i dont have a land line now because i use this). They can call us for free like a local call on our cellphones, home, work, anywhere in the US. We never have issues with it.

good luck!

If you do a Forum search you will find more topics on this information from all of us in the past. It comes up a lot here.

I use www.alosmart.com for calling cards. Works great for me. At the time we are using the First Class card...but you need to search and use the one the works best for you. Also, if you ever run into trouble with them, their Customer Service line ROCKS! They replace lost minutes or get you a new access number.

Also we have purchased the magic jack. www.magicjack.com One sent to Egypt and one here (i dont have a land line now because i use this). They can call us for free like a local call on our cellphones, home, work, anywhere in the US. We never have issues with it.

good luck!

I and my husband have T-mobile, with me here in USA and him in France we text and call each other all the time. I got him a T-mobile phone and it works there in France, and when I fly there to see him, my service follows me there. Princing is good, a average bill runs us about $220.00 that is for 2 phone, numerus calls to each other, and about 200 texts a month back and forth to each other. Our package is about basic $70.00 a month x 2 then the extras of calls and texts. I think I got a pretty darn good deal. Reception is great with T-mobile, works everywhere I have ever traveled. As good as Verizon, but a lot cheaper. He even uses it to call his family in Algeria, using the T-mobile phone is much cheaper then his French phone company Orange.

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

good luck!

Nawal, just a heads up alosmart is discontinuing the First Class Card.

thanks for all who answered me ,

Nawal , can u please explain more about majic jack, can i use it to call syria celluler or i should send one there so that i can use it ...

thank you.

They would need it there. You program it to a local number for your area (you can buy one at Walmart or Best Buy, etc). They need internet access and just a standard phone to plug into it. It's awesome. They can then call any number in the USA from it. So now my inlaws can call us at work, on my cell, etc. It's great.

good luck!

Nawal, just a heads up alosmart is discontinuing the First Class Card.

:crying:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
try skype

I agree - I think Skype is definitely the way to go

I read that tracfone (pre-paid US cell phone) has a weird thing where all int'l calls are charged as a domestic call - what you do is call one of their 1800 numbers and they'll connect you that way - or another way was assigning a specific int'l number with its own 1800 number and calling it that way - apparently the company says they offer both free. i haven't used this but if somebody wants to do more research into it - its another possible option. i just usually use skype.

*~*~*~*~*~Our IR-1 Visa Journey ~*~*~*~*~*

Met in Italy......................June 2006

Married in Italy.................07/21/2007

Sent in I-130......................11/06/2008

NOA 1.............................11/17/2008

NOA 2.............................02/13/2009

I-864 bill & DS-3032 arrive.................02/26/2009

Sent DS-3032 via email........................03/10/2009

DS-3032 receipt email from NVC........03/19/2009

I-864 bill paid......................................03/19/2009

IV bill paid...........................................04/15/2009

I-864 sent to NVC....................................................08/27/2009

Checklist Generated (to send DS-230)......................09/15/2009

Sent in DS-230 & Civil Documents...........................10/15/2009

2nd Checklist Generated............................................12/08/2009

Appt. letter via email..................................................01/11/2010

Visa Interview at Naples, It Consulate......................02/09/2010 - VISA IN HAND

try skype

I agree - I think Skype is definitely the way to go

I read that tracfone (pre-paid US cell phone) has a weird thing where all int'l calls are charged as a domestic call - what you do is call one of their 1800 numbers and they'll connect you that way - or another way was assigning a specific int'l number with its own 1800 number and calling it that way - apparently the company says they offer both free. i haven't used this but if somebody wants to do more research into it - its another possible option. i just usually use skype.

I agree Skype is great. The magic jack has really been a life saver (bill saver) for us. It's free. Only the cost of buying the service...then no bills. Our families can call us anywhere in the US for free from Egypt. They can take the magic jack to anyone's computer (not just their own) and call us from there or an internet cafe or a laptop...so its really been great! :thumbs: *Just a warning...they do tend to forget the time difference now that they have the lesiure of calling anytime! :lol: * :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.