andrew&evelyn

All pregnant Mommies

4,795 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm not the pregnant mommy, but the daddy, and technically I cant post here. But my wife wont, and I dont know where else to turn.

My wife has been here from the Philippines since May 3. She has her permanant resident card now, and social security card and drivers license, and she is working at a part time job. She is 16 days pregnant as of today.

I lost my job one week ago. We have no insurance. I went to the health department and to social services here in my town, trying to get assistance. We live in a very small town in rural southwest Virginia. I learned that my wife is not elligible for medicaid until she has been here for 5 years. She is entitled to emergency medicaid only, which only covers labor, delivery and about 96 hours after delivery.

Right after we got married, she became pregnant, and had a miscarriage, February 2008. So I am concerned and want her to have prenatal care. But we just dont have the money for it. I dont know where to turn for help for her. It isnt a good time for her to be pregnant, and it was a surprise and a shock for both of us, but I am also happy she is pregnant. She is depressed, afraid, because of me not having a job. Prenatal care of some kind would help her fears significantly I think. I am doing all I can to find a new job now. She is working all the hours she can too.

Anyways... I just am hoping someone will know first hand where to turn for some kind of prenatal help... some way that it can be made affordable. Thanks.

Brian and Josephine in Bristol Virginia

I have been here since April of this year and have had no problems when it came to my permanent resident status. Is there a Department of Job and Family services there? If so, both of you should be eligible for medicaid (especially if she is now a green card holder with a SSN). She should also be eligible for the Women, Infants and Children program which would later on provide some support for both herself and your baby.

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/benefit/faq_me...tml#application

Hope this helps.

We have had no problem with Permanent Resident Card, and we found out about WIC yesterday. But that gives no help for prenatal exams. As far as Medicaid is concerned, what they told us at Social Services, after I already found the same info online, a permanent resident even if pregnant in Virginia is not eligible for medicaid until after 5 years here. Social Services said they had no suggestion where to go for help. They told us that my wife does not even qualify for food stamps, only me. They said she only will qualify for Emergency Mdedicaid once she goes into labor and 96 hours after. At that point only the infant will get medicaid, since he/she will be a US Citizen.

What my husband and I understand is that you cannot get a Social services (Gov't. support) because when they approved her visa to come here, it's part of a deal that you support her. You are right, Prenatal care is so expensive here we're paying my OB ($580) every visit for a total of ($3000) not included the labs and the hospital bill. My husband has no insurance since i got here coz he is self employed. We are in Central Virginia. I wish you can get another option.

3monthsartwork-1.jpg

v9gkhecyd215seuv.png

I'm not the pregnant mommy, but the daddy, and technically I cant post here. But my wife wont, and I dont know where else to turn.

My wife has been here from the Philippines since May 3. She has her permanant resident card now, and social security card and drivers license, and she is working at a part time job. She is 16 days pregnant as of today.

I lost my job one week ago. We have no insurance. I went to the health department and to social services here in my town, trying to get assistance. We live in a very small town in rural southwest Virginia. I learned that my wife is not elligible for medicaid until she has been here for 5 years. She is entitled to emergency medicaid only, which only covers labor, delivery and about 96 hours after delivery.

Right after we got married, she became pregnant, and had a miscarriage, February 2008. So I am concerned and want her to have prenatal care. But we just dont have the money for it. I dont know where to turn for help for her. It isnt a good time for her to be pregnant, and it was a surprise and a shock for both of us, but I am also happy she is pregnant. She is depressed, afraid, because of me not having a job. Prenatal care of some kind would help her fears significantly I think. I am doing all I can to find a new job now. She is working all the hours she can too.

Anyways... I just am hoping someone will know first hand where to turn for some kind of prenatal help... some way that it can be made affordable. Thanks.

try to look for any program for pregnant women in your state and apply...here in hawaii even if you are not usc and havent live here for 5 years and even your a new immigrant as long as you meet the income requirement they will give you free medical...free prenatal care, labor and delivery.

there was a lady from the pi, when she got here february this year she was already pregnant then she applied for that program and was able to get free medical...its just so lucky for her baby because her baby is automatically a usc since it was born here...hehehehe.

i have free medical too thats why we dont have any problem about it...i have my own ob, i go for check up just like those people who have medical...they really make sure that pregnant women and children are being taken care of wether your usc or not.

What my husband and I understand is that you cannot get a Social services (Gov't. support) because when they approved her visa to come here, it's part of a deal that you support her. You are right, Prenatal care is so expensive here we're paying my OB ($580) every visit for a total of ($3000) not included the labs and the hospital bill. My husband has no insurance since i got here coz he is self employed. We are in Central Virginia. I wish you can get another option.

First, hi to all the mommies here and future moms and dads too. :luv:

Wow that's very expensive brettane $580 each visit?! It's very important to have a health Insurance here really... when I gave birth July last year we only paid $125 and that's it as for the check ups, didn't pay anything except for lab test and ultrasounds so good thing were covered... if not I don't know, we could have been in debt...Ugh.

ask ko lang...till what cm ba pwede magtalik? im 1 cm pa and gusto ko magdilate more so go pa rin kami ng hubby ko...okay lang ba yun?

and im just wondering...bakit nung chineck ng ob ko kung ilang cm nako nafeel nya ang head ng baby...but when i asked my hubby, kasi mas mataas yung kanya kaysa sa finger ng ob pero di nya na feel ang head ng baby...bakit ganun?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

questions

and2 na ako sa states. ask lang ako advance, ano ang mga dalhin ko SOON pag malapit na ako mag anak

kasi dahan dahanin namin buy ng hubby ko..please help me.. thank u :-)

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

hi sa lahat, share ko lang the joy&happiness we had yesterday as i had my first ultrasound and found out that i'm having a baby girl :dance::dance::dance: and sabi ng ultrasonographer normal daw lahat ng nakita nya kaya parang until now nasa lampas cloud 9 parin feeling ko. answered prayer talaga. my baby is 10 inches long and weighed 1/2 pound na, yeheey!!! medyo sad nga lang dahil hubby wasn't with me dahil may over-time lagi sa work. ok na rin dahil dagdag sa kita but i invited my father-in-law to come with me w/c made him so happy kc first time nyang makakita ng baby sa ultrasound na galaw ng galaw. i love my dad-in-law so much like a real father to me (L) we had a little celebration last night when hubby got home. ngaun, i'm thinking what to name my little baby girl na. hay, kakaaliw talaga hehehe. have a nice day sa lahat ng mommy.

Timeline:

2-02-08: Honey arrived in Manila

2-04-08: travel down to my hometown, Zamboanga

2-07-08: Our Engagement day

2-27-08: 1129F sent to CSC

2-29-08: NOA1

3-02-08: first touch

7-11-08: 2nd touch- APPROVED!!!!

7-14-08: received email from CRIS that our petition has been approved July 11'08

7-16-08: received hardcopy of NOA2 in our mailbox

7-23-08 hard copy from NVC

7-28-08 paid delbros for DV

8-19-08 medical (LORD, pls. keep me physically fit)

8-27-08 Interview, got pink slip, praise God

9-05-08 received my visa, had my CFO the same day

9-06-08 flight to US, POE LAX

11-08-08 wedding day

11-12-08 ssn application under my husband's name

02-26-09 sent AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox thru USPS Express

02-27-09 recieved & signed by V.Bustamante

03-05-09 cashed check

03-09-09 AOS, EAD, AP received

03-12-09 Biometrics appointment notice recieved

03-28-09 sked for boimetrics, 2pm,done

04-13-09 received letter for initial interview sked 05-13-09

04-23-09 AP received

04-27-09 EAD received

05-13-09 passed GC interview, my status online says GC production ordered

05-19-09 Welcome letter received

06-24-09 Green Card receive

02-13-11 Lifting of Condition

02-09-11 ROC package sent

02-18-11 recieved NOA, waiting game

ask ko lang...till what cm ba pwede magtalik? im 1 cm pa and gusto ko magdilate more so go pa rin kami ng hubby ko...okay lang ba yun?

and im just wondering...bakit nung chineck ng ob ko kung ilang cm nako nafeel nya ang head ng baby...but when i asked my hubby, kasi mas mataas yung kanya kaysa sa finger ng ob pero di nya na feel ang head ng baby...bakit ganun?

I think ok lang magtalik as long as it's not a high risk pregnancy. You should discuss it with your Doc too as she's more knowledgeable on this type of stuff.Kami ng husband ko go pa rin naman until the day before I had the CS :devil::bonk::lol:

questions

and2 na ako sa states. ask lang ako advance, ano ang mga dalhin ko SOON pag malapit na ako mag anak

Actually the hospitals here, they will provide almost everything from diapers, sleepers for the baby while you're at the hospital including milk those in small bottles but they will really encourage you to breastfeed and send somebody to assist you on that part. A hearing test for your baby will be done also while you're at the hospital to see if the baby has a hearing problem.

Here's my list for you when you go to the hospital -) I'm sure other moms would add more.Good luck! I hope you will have a normal delivery... CS is painful!

-Car seat

-Robe/Night gown

-Panties/Nursing bras

-slippers/socks

-Loose, Comfortable clothing

-Outfit for you and the baby when you go home

-Blankets

-Sanitary pads

-lip balm

-Deodorant/toothbrush/toothpaste

-Breast pads

-Pillows

-Camera for picture taking

-Magazines.buy the book 'What to expect when you're expecting' it's a good book I think most pregnant women has it lol.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello sa lahat ng mga mommies dito!!!

Tumawag yung doctor ko today...at sinabi na low ang Iron ko, kaya bigyan niya ako ng prescription...

sino sa inyo ang nag take ng medicine for Iron, while pregnant kayo??????

shF5m5.png

29722_112256618812440_1000008430620.jpg

[/quote

Hello Daddy to be, I had the emergency medicaid too but at the same time I got the MOMS program which covers the entire pregnancy unti 6 weeks from delivery. I dont know if there is a MOMS program in Virginia but try to check. I got it at the same place where we apply for my medicaid. Btw, I am a green card holder too. Good Luck on your wife's pregnancy. and God Bless.

sweet_wifey/mommy (L)

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

:lol::lol::lol:

I was 3 cm dilated but I did not know it yet. And we had "talik" and afer that day i went to my doctor and they keep me in the hospital saying that im in labor the doctor ask if when the last time we had "talik". I was 33 weeks pregnant that time and the doctr said no "TALIK anymore". :lol::lol::lol:

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

questions

Hmmmm I woud say that just bring:

1. your cothes going back home

2. Baby's clothes going back home( u can bring like 3 pairs u dont needto bring a lot f baby's clothes)

3. Bring gloves for baby

Yung lang maisip ko kasi nasa hospital nman lahat ng kaiangn mo. Like toothbrush,toothpaste,shampoo,,,,etc.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow that's very expensive brettane $580 each visit?! It's very important to have a health Insurance here really... when I gave birth July last year we only paid $125 and that's it as for the check ups, didn't pay anything except for lab test and ultrasounds so good thing were covered... if not I don't know, we could have been in debt...Ugh.

Yeah you are right its important to have insurance. You don't realize that its too expensive because you have insurance. We already inquired from the hospital and roughly the charges will be $5000 for the mom and $1000 for the baby but thats only for normal delivery and not including the epidural, its really expensive. It's too late now to get Insurance, but definitely we'll get after I gave birth so the baby will also be covered.

3monthsartwork-1.jpg

v9gkhecyd215seuv.png

Hello sa lahat ng mga mommies dito!!!

Tumawag yung doctor ko today...at sinabi na low ang Iron ko, kaya bigyan niya ako ng prescription...

sino sa inyo ang nag take ng medicine for Iron, while pregnant kayo??????

I am iron tabs now. WAs given iron tabs, too during my first pregnancy. Don 't take the tabs on empty stomach...mahapdi sa tyan if you do. I take mine with food in the morning.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Yeah you are right its important to have insurance. You don't realize that its too expensive because you have insurance. We already inquired from the hospital and roughly the charges will be $5000 for the mom and $1000 for the baby but thats only for normal delivery and not including the epidural, its really expensive. It's too late now to get Insurance, but definitely we'll get after I gave birth so the baby will also be covered.

Doc's total bills are $3T of which insurance thankfully covered 80%. The remaining 20% we have paid already so that we don't pay anything extra at the doc's office, save for lab procedures of course. CS will cost at least $17.5T, normal delivery at least $12.5T. Baby's fees not included. Again, insurance will cover 80%, but it would still be a big amount. Hopefully mag-offer and insurance ng discount. alam ko kasi may maximum out-of-pocket expenses so maybe our share will be smaller :innocent:

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
man im pregnant would of love to kjoined this forumbut i see its only for philipinos

cant any read whatur saying

hi bquillera30 welcome in this forum its not only for a filipino your welcome here.

how far is your pregnancy now? what language you speak in columbia is it español?

2_823350812l.jpg

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center :..............Vermont Service Center

Consulate :......................Manilla, Philipines

anniversary .....................Dec 25, 2006

gary went to phil...............October 8,2007

engagement anniversary...October 14,2007 gary proposed at basket ball court lot of people sooo sweet...

gary went back to tx.........October 19, 2007

I-129F Sent : ...................2008-03-22

I-129F NOA1 : ..................2008-03-27

I-129F NOA2 : ..................2008-06-20

NVC Received : ................2008-06-30

Interview Date : ...............2008-08-01

Visa Received : ................2008-08-20

US Entry : ....................... 2008-08-26

Marriage : ........................2008-08-26

biometrics:........................2008-12-20

green card received...........2009-06-04

Comments : I-129F TOUCHED APRIL 18, 2008. TOUCHED AND APPROVED

JUNE 20, 2008. TOUCHED JUNE 23, 2008.

RECIEVED LETTER FROM NVC ON JULY 3, 2008 DATED JUNE 30, 2008

SAYING NVC RECENTLY RECIEVED 1-129. AUTOMATED PHONE STILL SAYING

NO RECORD.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 90 days from your filing date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.