noobs

3,381 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

let's see who the n00b ends up being...

Please click here :)

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Is it really that hard to understand the instructions on these forms? I'm gonna go back to my first ever posts and see how much of a n00b I was. :lol:

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

here is mine...

"Hi all,

This is my first post but I feel I've been around for a long time now. I hadn't had the necessity to open a post since EVERYTHING is well explained in various topics started by others user. First of all, let me thank the person who created this forum because as I've seen he/she/they have helped out the lives of so many people, I salute you.

Now, my question, we sent to Chicago's lockbox our AOS and EAD on Oct 26th and was received on Oct 28th 2007, we checked last friday and the checks have been already cashed! what does that mean?? they have approved it? they, at least, did not find any issue and are processing it? :D

THanks a lot for your help and good luck to all of you in your process!!"

I was a n00b! :cry:

I ended up getting a RFE also :P

Edited by TävôLuDô

01/25/13 Check cashed

Filed: Timeline
here is mine...

"Hi all,

This is my first post but I feel I've been around for a long time now. I hadn't had the necessity to open a post since EVERYTHING is well explained in various topics started by others user. First of all, let me thank the person who created this forum because as I've seen he/she/they have helped out the lives of so many people, I salute you.

Now, my question, we sent to Chicago's lockbox our AOS and EAD on Oct 26th and was received on Oct 28th 2007, we checked last friday and the checks have been already cashed! what does that mean?? they have approved it? they, at least, did not find any issue and are processing it? :D

THanks a lot for your help and good luck to all of you in your process!!"

I was a n00b! :cry:

I ended up getting a RFE also :P

:lol: hermano, you are a man grown now :cry:

Timeline

i dare u to post urs

gimme some credit, at least it wasn't like "how do I AOS?"

Edited by TävôLuDô

01/25/13 Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

78% of Mexeekans pick their nose with their right index finger.

But only 41% of them stick the snot in their mouth and chew it.

The remaining 39% smear it over their tacos.

(Oh, and if 41+39 doesn't add up to 78, that's because my name is JAS and I make my statistics up from thin air, so don't expect much in my math-skills department)

Ohai all... .just checking in after my tour of the JAS-will-save-us-from-the-illegals patrol :thumbs:

Timeline

My first ever post:

"You just fill out the first one, and when you print the forms they´ll be automatically filled for you. "

My first ever topic was the n00b one:

"My fiance is filling his I-129F form, and in the field requiring birth certificate number, date and place of issue we have a doubt. The number on the certificate is huge! And if you put that, the date, and the place it doesn´t fit the field when we try printing it.

How many numbers are there supposed to be?

And also, place of issue and date of issue is related to the original certificate or the copy he ordered now at his local office? ´Cus the birth certificate brings both."

EDIT: Gotta say I was over excited and dumby noob though. :P

Still, the follow ups in that topic were loads of people having the same confusion, and the VJ experts of then saying it was indeed poorly formulated. :P

Edited by Ladylethal

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

78% of Mexeekans pick their nose with their right index finger.

But only 41% of them stick the snot in their mouth and chew it.

The remaining 39% smear it over their tacos.

(Oh, and if 41+39 doesn't add up to 78, that's because my name is JAS and I make my statistics up from thin air, so don't expect much in my math-skills department)

Ohai all... .just checking in after my tour of the JAS-will-save-us-from-the-illegals patrol :thumbs:

true dat. :lol:

On other news: a professor organized this stupid Korean Teachers conference. NOT a Department event, but HER event. Cool. 2 weeks ago she does not have a #$@% venue and I have to fit her in our Student Lounge. thx thx thx.... 2 days before she needs a laptop and a projector and cannot rent one.... I give her one of ours on loan. thx thx thx. Today is the first day of this #######. The prof is MIA, and the guests think it's cool to come by my office to ask for #######. ohai can i haz printer plz <_< no chopfvck, you cannot haz printer. shove it.

Timeline

sister you tell them, mean machine :P

01/25/13 Check cashed

Timeline

:lol:

Oh my, I just found my topic in the Introduce Yourself Forums (which wasn't my first post/topic) and Charles was already goffing off! :lol: True that we had already met in the Brazilian topic in regionals, but still, Charles! :bonk:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;#entry91103

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

OMG my n00bnezzz!!! and a high high dosage of cheesy :blush:

First post:

Hello everyone,

This is our first post. My husband (USC) and me (Mexican) got married in May of this year in Edmonton; where we are currently living. Just begun our process for a K-1 (the lady at Calgary Consulate told us the K-3 would take as much time as the K-1.... hmmmmm). Things are complicated and we are quite scared about the whole thing. We are so happy to have found this forum, so that we can at least rant with other folks in our situation.

Hope to get to know all of you!!! And thanks for all the exciting and educational information. Sometimes it's discouraging, but it is making us breathe much more easier!!!!

Wouldn't mind some hints on what some of the initials mean.... i.e. NOA and such. Also, how do I post our pic on each post?????

L&B.

Timeline

:rofl: And I thought mine was bad!

But I'm reading back on mine and geez, when I joined VJ I had already studied the process like a maniac, but was still putting papers together to file, and I flooded the boards with stupid questions. :lol: I was heavily posting since day 1!

And I realized I actually hadn't met Charles in the brazilian topic yet when he was already being Mr. Funny in my intro topic. :lol: Double :bonk:

11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
Hello everyone,

This is our first post. My husband (USC) and me (Mexican) got married in May of this year in Edmonton; where we are currently living. Just begun our process for a k-1 (the lady at Calgary Consulate told us the K-3 would take as much time as the K-1.... hmmmmm). Things are complicated and we are quite scared about the whole thing. We are so happy to have found this forum, so that we can at least rant with other folks in our situation.

Hope to get to know all of you!!! And thanks for all the exciting and educational information. Sometimes it's discouraging, but it is making us breathe much more easier!!!!

Wouldn't mind some hints on what some of the initials mean.... i.e. NOA and such. Also, how do I post our pic on each post?????

L&B.

It makes you look like a scared kitty and a :luv: , my brown behind! now let's compare:

1st post:

we are quite scared about the whole thing

VS

Last post:

The prof is MIA, and the guests think it's cool to come by my office to ask for #######. ohai can i haz printer plz dry.gif no chopfvck, you cannot haz printer. shove it.

What happened to the sweet n00b??? :huh:

Edited by TävôLuDô

01/25/13 Check cashed

OMG my n00bnezzz!!! and a high high dosage of cheesy :blush:

First post:

Hello everyone,

This is our first post. My husband (USC) and me (Mexican) got married in May of this year in Edmonton; where we are currently living. Just begun our process for a K-1 (the lady at Calgary Consulate told us the K-3 would take as much time as the K-1.... hmmmmm). Things are complicated and we are quite scared about the whole thing. We are so happy to have found this forum, so that we can at least rant with other folks in our situation.

L&B.

You didn't know what NOA meant?! :unsure: wow, I'm shocked at your n00biness.

Here's mine :blush: :

Hi everyone!

I've been browsing this site, and it is a great fountain of information. I am preparing to file the paperwork for a K1 visa for my fiancee and I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can to make sure I get everything right. I have a couple of questions that are specific to my case and I haven't been able to get specific information on.

My fiance is a Romanian citizen, but he is living and working(legally) in Hungary. Once the K1 application is processed here, will the packet be sent to the American Consulate in Budapest, Hungary(where he currently resides legally) or to Romania (the country of his nationality)?

There is an age difference between the two of us, (I am older, he is younger) can this be a reason for denial of visa? We have all the necessary proof of a valid relationship (i.e. statement that we intend to marry w/in the stated 90 days, we have met in person during the past two years and have proof of that, etc.) I just wonder if they can legally deny a K1 visa because of an age difference?

Does anyone have an updated timeline for K1 visa (from application to visa in hand) processing and approval with Hungary with me filing the application with the California Service Center? I've been looking on the timelines, but I don't see any information that is recent. From what I see it takes about 6 months, am I wrong in this?

Any information/replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg