BermyCat

My vent

60 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

My cat has not been eating lately. The vet thought that the problem my be pain from some tooth problems she noticed. When she tested Magics blood to see whether she'd do well under surgery, the test showed really high toxicity. Magic has some form of kidney disease.

I inherited Magic when my Mom died. She is my most important link to my mother. It's going to be costly and time consuming to treat her but I can't give up on this cat. Phil supports me in this but I feel guilty about the money it'll cost us. I've only just gotten my PRC (it came before the EAD) so I'm not working yet.

To top it all off, I really didn't want to see the stupid, petty, childish arguing going on in the vent thread today of all days. I like the Canadian forum precisely because 99% of what my fellow Canadians post is polite. I'm not going anywhere near that thread until the stupidity is over.

~ Catherine

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry about ur cat! I'm thinking positive thoughts!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your cat. Although I'm not a "cat person," I've had pets before and I know how much they can mean to you.

As for the argument in the other Vent thread... well, I apologize for that. I like debating, so I sometimes forget that doing so is generally reserved for OT.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Catherine)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Magic)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so sorry that Magic is ill and hope you and your vet are able to get her back to good health.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Sorry to hear that Catherine, try not to feel too guilty about spending the money on getting her well. After all, pets are a member of the family and you'd do anything for family!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Hope your cat recovers soon, and that you get your EAD soon.

I like debating, so I sometimes forget that doing so is generally reserved for OT.

TOS doesn't say that. Maybe a few posters do, but that's all they are - a few posters, not unlike other posters.

Yeah, it's strange how some people think OT or anywhere on VJ is designed for insults and personal attacks.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Timeline

I hope your cat will get better.

My cat has Chronic Renal Failure... she had a big "crisis" 2 years ago, not eating (we thought her teeth were infected)... Anyway, she stayed 3 days with the vet, with IV and all... Now, she's doing really good. She has to take a mini-pill every day, and once a week, we give her subcutanous fluids. Her latest blood test show near-normal results. In her daily life, she looks like a happy kitty :)

The initial treatments (vet stay) were $$$, but now, it's not much...

If your cat has CRF and you want to read more about it, a good source of information is this site: http://www.felinecrf.com/

Edited by La Souris

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i hope your cat gets better (F)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Souris, Thank you for posting that - it is great news about your cat doing so well, and I hope is a reassurance to Catherine about Magic's prognosis as well. I have a good friend who had a cat with CRF, and with proper treatment she was able to keep the cat alive for a number of years. I know when my Kirsty was dying of hepatic lipidosis I had to give her daily subcutaneous fluids for a number of weeks. I was so surprised that the vets here would let me do it at home, just sell me the equipment and the fluids, as it made it so much easier on the cat rather than being transported to the vets every day or two. Catherine, if that is something that you have to do as well, it is really easy to do at home, so discuss that with your vet as well.

Catherine, I hope you find Souris' news hopeful. Keep us informed, ok?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Kathryn41: we do the treatments at home too. I have the fluids, the tubes, the needles... I am not able to do it by myself, even after two years, we have a 2-person system; one handling the needle, one handling the cat. It's a five minute thing and the cat does not even twitch or react at the needle insertion.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline
Souris, Thank you for posting that - it is great news about your cat doing so well, and I hope is a reassurance to Catherine about Magic's prognosis as well. I have a good friend who had a cat with CRF, and with proper treatment she was able to keep the cat alive for a number of years. I know when my Kirsty was dying of hepatic lipidosis I had to give her daily subcutaneous fluids for a number of weeks. I was so surprised that the vets here would let me do it at home, just sell me the equipment and the fluids, as it made it so much easier on the cat rather than being transported to the vets every day or two. Catherine, if that is something that you have to do as well, it is really easy to do at home, so discuss that with your vet as well.

Catherine, I hope you find Souris' news hopeful. Keep us informed, ok?

Thanks for everyone's kind words.

I very much appreciated Souris' post.

Magic and I are heading back to the vet tomorrow. Magic will have an ultrasound to look for kidney stones or cysts. While I don't have her full treatment plans yet, Dr. Michael did ask me if i'd be comfortable giving shots and subQ fluids at home. They'll teach me how tomorrow.

I'll let you all know the results of tomorrow's visit.

~ Catherine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.