MelissaJulian

May 2009 filers -- post here!!!

1,211 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi May peeps.....

I am still waiting on my NOA 2...... nothing yet.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called the congressman in Sept and he made a inquiry and said they are still looking into backgrounds....

now my processing time has come and gone ... so I finally got a real person to make a service inquiry about out of processing times....... since then my case has been touched 2x and 1 email stating when they forward my case to a officer I will recieve an explanation and futher instructions...

the email came 1st then the 2 touches Thursday then Friday but NOTHING yet..........

Strange thing was the guy on the phone( VERY VERY HELPFUL AND VERY VERY NICE... BRIAN) he said I have what it looks like 2 dates May14 and May19 I am not sure to think of this.... but it does not give me comfortable feelings...

I am terrified I am going to be denied why and how come they are touching but not doing anything else......

congrats to all that have recieved interviews and GOOD LUCK>>>>>>>>

soon you all will be in the arms of ur loved one.....

AMANA/KIM

WITH ALLAH ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! ALHUMDILALLAH

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touches are a good thing!

It means they're still looking at your case and it's not just sitting on a desk.

Don't give up, you'll get your NOA2 soon!

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Hi guys! My fiance got an interview date December 7, 2009. Yay!!

Now this is a great news to come home to from an early church service! (F)

Hi May peeps.....

I called the congressman in Sept and he made a inquiry and said they are still looking into backgrounds....

now my processing time has come and gone ... so I finally got a real person to make a service inquiry about out of processing times....... since then my case has been touched 2x and 1 email stating when they forward my case to a officer I will recieve an explanation and futher instructions...

the email came 1st then the 2 touches Thursday then Friday but NOTHING yet.......... Strange thing was the guy on the phone( VERY VERY HELPFUL AND VERY VERY NICE... BRIAN) he said I have what it looks like 2 dates May14 and May19 I am not sure to think of this.... but it does not give me comfortable feelings... I am terrified I am going to be denied why and how come they are touching but not doing anything else......

AMANA/KIM

What Rhiann is saying is true. Touches are a good thing as you are certain they are looking into your petition. Whatever is the outcome, you can answer it for certain (be it RFE or what-have-you from USCIS Cali). It's very hard to wait that is for sure. But hang in there Amana/Kim. We're with you. Perhaps the next thing you can do is to call your Congressman/Senator offices again. I am sure they are more than willing to help you on this one.

Your approval is here soon, you'll see. (F)

Life is beautiful!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi May peeps.....

the email came 1st then the 2 touches Thursday then Friday but NOTHING yet..........

Strange thing was the guy on the phone( VERY VERY HELPFUL AND VERY VERY NICE... BRIAN) he said I have what it looks like 2 dates May14 and May19 I am not sure to think of this.... but it does not give me comfortable feelings...

I am terrified I am going to be denied why and how come they are touching but not doing anything else......

AMANA/KIM

Welcome back! That is strange that till this day there is no response at all in your case. You should follow up again with your representative and let them know what is going on. I know you did in September, but usually they are not good about following up and you have to just keep trying and using any help out there. Thankfully, I got approved but I had a typed out letter just in case. I am glad you got a good USCIS officer customer service rep to talk to, and made a service inquiry. If you get an RFE it is not too bad, but just like Merne said the waiting will be the most difficult part about that. I don't think you will be getting a denial, because if you were it would have been recieved by now.

Just stay positive and things will be all right. All the best and hope to hear some good news about your case!

Star

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks...... I am trying to hold in there...... some days better tahn others.....

I will call the Congressman again this week,,,,

The support here is really helpful and encouraging!!!!!

Kim

WITH ALLAH ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! ALHUMDILALLAH

Mystic Heart hasn't logged on for 12 days now. I wonder what is going on...

Yeah.... I wonder.

That's really strange that she hasn't been on.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Yeah.... I wonder.

That's really strange that she hasn't been on.

Yeah, its unlike her to come and tell us any news. She did give us her other yahoo address. I just hope she is ok.

KIDS!!! :blink: wow you did look / wait for me lol... sorry i have been busy :blush:

LOL! you know how it is to gather papers and stuff sooo yyyeaaaaaa.. i've got good news though! i got approved!! i had my interview last OCT 22 at the Manila USEM :blush: !!! lol!! grats to everyone and good luck to those still waiting..

im glad my wait is over.. but heck -- now the wait for the visa is nerve-wrecking! my fiance will be picking me up here in Manila. he arrives Nov. 4 and we go back together on Nov 10!! I haven't attended the CFO seminar yet 'coz I still dont have my visa :crying:

lol. so yeah.. im back and will make a new post about how the interview went :3

i missed you all!! <3333

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 22 -- Interview @USEM

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Nov 10 -- US Entry ; POE: Seattle, WA

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Feb 11 -- [i-485] AOS; EAD; AP sent

Feb 19 -- NOA1 : AOS, EAD, AP

Feb 23 -- NOA 2: AOS & EAD

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

Apr 09 -- EAD Approval date - waiting for hardcopy

Apr 18 -- EAD Card received

Apr 20 -- NOA 2 - interview schedule

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

June 11 -- Wedding Ceremony ^^

"There are two kinds of people in this world:

Those that play hopscotch and sing in the shower..

And those that lie alone at night with tears in their eyes."

"Hopscotch and Tears" by Becka Woolf, Chickensoup for the Teenage Soul

Congratulations on your approval!

I think you're the first May filer... of the ones that post here anyway.

@ Rhian: yeah, i think so too.. though majority of the benificiary who had the same interview date as mine were also May '09 filers :) i see ur interview will be soon!! good luck ;) im pretty sure things will be alright. ;)

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

hey hey.. another update lol XD i just got a text message from the USEM courier service, they just received my visa and they will deliver it in 2 business days from now. yipee skipee !! <3

i thought i have to worry about the visa getting backlogged or something .. im so glad to have it soon in hand <3 good luck people.. im so sorry i havent been on in a while, too busy planning and spending time w/ family as well.. starlight! (starbright, first star i see tonight.. lol) how's your thing going? i saw u already got an interview date! grats to u and rhiann <3 i missed getting on here lol. i have been rarely on the pc, and only logs in skype to talk to my fiance.. (@rhian: i havent even been on ro and my acct already expired buuu /swt) lol. good luck everyone. im so glad i found visajourney... :)

Edited by Mystic Heart

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
hey hey.. another update lol XD i just got a text message from the USEM courier service, they just received my visa and they will deliver it in 2 business days from now. yipee skipee !! <3

i thought i have to worry about the visa getting backlogged or something .. im so glad to have it soon in hand <3 good luck people.. im so sorry i havent been on in a while, too busy planning and spending time w/ family as well.. starlight! (starbright, first star i see tonight.. lol) how's your thing going? i saw u already got an interview date! grats to u and rhiann <3 i missed getting on here lol. i have been rarely on the pc, and only logs in skype to talk to my fiance.. (@rhian: i havent even been on ro and my acct already expired buuu /swt) lol. good luck everyone. im so glad i found visajourney... :)

Congrats on your approval! Yay!! I am glad that we heard from you, and everything went well. Great to hear that you will be joining your fiance soon. This is wonderful news!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.