MelissaJulian

May 2009 filers -- post here!!!

1,211 posts in this topic

wow starlight grats on noa2!! i have been awfully busy, havent had time to get on here. will have my interview next week. oct 22 :D just got done with the medical exam :) grats everyone and regards rhiann <3

Activities 2009

May 28 -- I-129F Sent

Jun 01 -- Check Cashed

Jun 08 -- NOA1

Aug 28 -- NOA2

Oct 14 -- Medical Exam

Oct 22 -- Interview @USEM

Oct 30 -- Visa received

Nov 10 -- US Entry ; POE: Seattle, WA

Dec 11 -- Wedding day =D

Activities 2010

Feb 11 -- [i-485] AOS; EAD; AP sent

Feb 19 -- NOA1 : AOS, EAD, AP

Feb 23 -- NOA 2: AOS & EAD

Mar 09 -- Biometrics

Apr 09 -- EAD Approval date - waiting for hardcopy

Apr 18 -- EAD Card received

Apr 20 -- NOA 2 - interview schedule

May 08 -- SSN received

Jun 07 -- Interview date

June 11 -- Wedding Ceremony ^^

"There are two kinds of people in this world:

Those that play hopscotch and sing in the shower..

And those that lie alone at night with tears in their eyes."

"Hopscotch and Tears" by Becka Woolf, Chickensoup for the Teenage Soul

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently writing a nice angry but polite letter to the head of the Montreal Consulate.

I have hardly waited, but by the sounds of it, I wont be in the US till March, thanks to their slowness.

We've even been talking about trying to get newspapers and tv involved, since waiting 6 months for an interview is not acceptable.

Nothing over 3 months is acceptable in my opinion.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

For everyone on the waiting end, we're with you. (F)

Just an update: I have passed the medical examination on Monday and Tuesday here and shall be going home a few hours from now. I am flying back on my 28th October interview. Have to say that the poking and the needles were daunting for me but contrary to experiences I have read from fiance/es in my country, it was all a breeze for me. First day I was done in 2 hours considering I came in the clinic at 2.30 and the next day, I only waited for my results to be released for about 30 minutes after an hour waiting to get inoculated. All in all, I am considered physically viable to enter a foreign territory as a virus and bacteria free alien in strict compliance of the requirements of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. :D

Life is beautiful!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
For everyone on the waiting end, we're with you. (F)

Just an update: I have passed the medical examination on Monday and Tuesday here and shall be going home a few hours from now. I am flying back on my 28th October interview. Have to say that the poking and the needles were daunting for me but contrary to experiences I have read from fiance/es in my country, it was all a breeze for me. First day I was done in 2 hours considering I came in the clinic at 2.30 and the next day, I only waited for my results to be released for about 30 minutes after an hour waiting to get inoculated. All in all, I am considered physically viable to enter a foreign territory as a virus and bacteria free alien in strict compliance of the requirements of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. :D

Congrats!! That is great and without a doubt the interview will be a success. At least you got this painful part of the process over, and now the interview will be a breeze for you.

Congrats!! That is great and without a doubt the interview will be a success. At least you got this painful part of the process over, and now the interview will be a breeze for you.

Thank you Star! (F)

Life is beautiful!

Timeline
wow starlight grats on noa2!! i have been awfully busy, havent had time to get on here. will have my interview next week. oct 22 :D just got done with the medical exam :) grats everyone and regards rhiann <3

Thanks and I missed you!! I was worried about you, but so happy to hear that your interview is next week. I know you will pass it with flying colors. My prayers are with you, and all the best. Come by and visit us time to time. It's always a pleasure to hear from you.

Star

Timeline

Hello my May 09 VJ family!

My apologies that I am not a regulary posting on our thread. I have been super busy with everything. From work and gathering everything for my fiances interview on my downtime. I want to let you all know that my prayers are with all of you, and I am sure we will all be with are SO's very soon.

Star

My apologies that I am not a regulary posting on our thread. I have been super busy with everything. From work and gathering everything for my fiances interview on my downtime. I want to let you all know that my prayers are with all of you, and I am sure we will all be with are SO's very soon.

Star

Thank you Star! You are in our thoughts as well. Work... I know how that feels Star. In one hand, cramming all work stuff to be done flawlessly and the visa concerns on the other. It's like walking on a thin line. Had it not been for work, I could have done it all since the 1st week of October. But first things first.

Is the interview set already? (F)

Life is beautiful!

Since I wont be getting an interview for ages, at least next year, my fiance's visiting me next month.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline

Star

Thank you Star! You are in our thoughts as well. Work... I know how that feels Star. In one hand, cramming all work stuff to be done flawlessly and the visa concerns on the other. It's like walking on a thin line. Had it not been for work, I could have done it all since the 1st week of October. But first things first.

Is the interview set already? (F)

Exactly I am glad you understand where I am coming from! So, I have some good news and bad news. The good news is I was not stuck in NVC that long, and they sent it out to the consulate on 10/9/09. The bad news is that my dad delayed his trip by two weeks to go to India, so all that hardwork of gathering the documents was not necessary. The positive side of this is that it gives me more time to work on the affidavit of support which I was not too confident about sending.

Yesterday, I even got the folder and dividers so it would be easy for my fiance to just provide what they want. I was about to get it all together and my dad told me the bad news that he is delaying the trip. I was upset, and a bit reliefed as well. But, I have been running around like a maniac gathering things, and stressing for nothing. :wacko:

My fiance will mail out his packet 3 on Monday and then we hope to get an interview date. The delay was I was trying to get the NVC case number since I have had bad luck getting a hold of someone. So, now we have everything and I am confident the consulate has it by now. I was going to email them to confirm this, or my fiance will call them to make sure.

So, that is the latest update so far.

Star

That's good that you didn't get stuck in NVC too long.

I hope you get an interview date soon!

Timeline

Thanks Rhiann I hope so as well. Well, their has been a change of plans now about sending packet 3 through snail mail. My fiance is going to go in person and deliver it on Tuesday. On Monday the embassy is closed due to a indian holiday. Some members who have delivered it in person got the interview date and packet 4 the same day. So, we have decided to do this as this is the most efficient way to go. I hope to have a confirmation on the interview date next week then.

Your interview is coming up. All the best to you and I am sure it will be a success. I am crossing my fingers and cheering for you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think Kha Han is having her medical exam today, but as of right now it looks like she won't be coming here until April or May since she is having problems selling the land she bought (she is a realtor, but she also personally bought some to sell). 0 sales for the past 2 months is not good. :( If she doesn't have it sold by April then we are going to try and get an extenstion for her visa.

WOW.

Like 6 people in the Montreal topic got interviews!

I wonder if Montreal's finally getting their butts in gear!

Maybe DoS is actually doing their scheduling now.

I'm getting my fiance to call at the end of next month, since my paperwork's only been there for 2 weeks :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.